What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, the customer said there was some give to the osb subfloor , so they thought the extra 1/4” would stiffen it up.
I was thinking ... this is easy money.

Daris, i know. The last cabinet was all open back there but we never utilized the space. Besides its ij a bathroom.
Maybe I'll install a safe back there.

Turns out the shipping price on those parts from rockauto was a glitch. Went back a few hours later & it said it was $173 instead.

Don, that flooring looks great! What kind was it again? (My memory sucks)

Tom, I love the color of that wood with the stain on it.

Question: Do they make waterproof/animal-pee proof laminate these days? I don't mean like the spills that you find right away-- but say the cats knock over their waterer & or the dog supersoaks the floor in the middle of the night or while we aren't home...

I still have plumbing work to do but since there is no hot water shutoff & no shutoff at the fixture, I'll have to shut off the whole pump & water heater but I can't seem to work around the schedule of family members who want to use the water. I really wish there was a plug or something to put in or over the valve while I removed the stem an valve seat.

Meanwhile, in a bit of good news, I was kvetching to one of my friend's co-workers (at an auto parts store) how I couldn't get the ball rolling on the truck repairs bc I didn't have the other driver's info. The co-worker suddenly recognized me-- he'd been at the scene of the accident bc he works for the sheriff's department on the side. He was one of the responders & he was the one who answered the phone when I called to ask for the info. He's technically not allowed to give the info out, but since he understands my predicament & saw how frustrated I am, he told me when he'd be in & that I should call in and ask for him by name and he would give me the name & insurance policy #. I hadn't recognized him bc it was so dark at the scene that I couldn't really see people's faces well. Once I have that info I can get things moving along.

More Core-Tec
D065A4E0-D2CB-4F01-B647-C3B3DB95EE07.jpeg
2F668F2C-E319-4CC4-80EC-DA01B4A80DB1.jpeg
3BCA2AF1-D174-4A3A-8FBD-7907ECC0ABE8.jpeg
BEB36009-4AAD-4FB8-84B6-8CD3D27D52CB.jpeg

Installed door jambs inside door opening. But wall was proud of wood by 1/8 inch. Trim wouldn’t lay tight to wood. My carpenter told me to gently tap drywall until trim lays flat. But one side is made with corner bead. Had to hammer it quite a bit. Damage will be covered by trim. Also side pieces were 1/2 inch short so I had to double up on the top piece. I will tackle casing tomorrow.

Attachments

• 5C59D3C0-B502-43F5-9A8D-362E948722F3.jpeg
    5C59D3C0-B502-43F5-9A8D-362E948722F3.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 295D5ECD-F747-44C9-B4FB-B696A53799D6.jpeg
    295D5ECD-F747-44C9-B4FB-B696A53799D6.jpeg
    108.6 KB · Views: 28
7CE4D2C2-6CF2-4AA7-8A1B-12D5A5F1A001.png

They are are awesome!
I have 24 of them
I have two of the Crain adjustable spacers but they were nearly $30 each

Last edited:
Thanks Nick, core-tec is awesome!
It has the unilin (sp) locking mechanism like quickstep laminate.
Nice pattern Don. I'm doing 1400 sf of coretec plank with the UNICLIC lock. Pretty sure all their stuff has it. Cept for the cork which is rotating lock.

Latest posts

Back