What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The work looks good, Tom.

I'll have to go back and look more closely later but right now my blood pressure is through the roof. I did early voting which went fine, but then I went to pick up the police report from the accident on the 20th.
I got home and read it before I decide to take it to the insurance company and I am so incredibly pissed off.

The boy who caused the crash must be very close friends with the cops to get them to lie this much. They lied about the speed limit, they lied about the violation he made (instead of putting that he passed in no passing they put reckless driving), they lied about how his vehicle was moving (said he was going straight when he had moved in to oncoming lane of traffic), and they lied about his drinking-- said there was no alcohol consumed.
Now, I get they are trying to save his ass, but then they went and lied about me to make it seem like I was partially to blame. Listed me as "inattentive" as the reason for the accident... That means his insurance can argue it was partially my fault & that my insurance rates can go up.... I'm just so pissed off....

I called to ask how to amend some mistakes on the report and they transferred me to an answering machine. I want to call the DA and report this BS but I want to calm down first.

Any suggestions?

Get a Lawyer ..
I composed a letter to the DA but haven't sent it yet.
Now that I've calmed down, the only thing I care about in terms of the errors is that they put me as inattentive when it was the other driver who wasn't paying attention. On the final page the officer said the other driver moved left to avoid a vehicle passing on the right "and when he looked up" he saw the other vehicle turning. So I wonder if they put "inattentive" in the wrong spot and meant to do it on his but not mine.
A friend of mine knows some people at the sheriff's dept and is talking to them to see about getting it corrected.

I composed a letter to the DA but haven't sent it yet.
Now that I've calmed down, the only thing I care about in terms of the errors is that they put me as inattentive when it was the other driver who wasn't paying attention. On the final page the officer said the other driver moved left to avoid a vehicle passing on the right "and when he looked up" he saw the other vehicle turning. So I wonder if they put "inattentive" in the wrong spot and meant to do it on his but not mine.
A friend of mine knows some people at the sheriff's dept and is talking to them to see about getting it corrected.

Some insurance companies will go to bat for you and help you dispute inaccuracies. Did you talk to them about representing you?

Some insurance companies will go to bat for you and help you dispute inaccuracies. Did you talk to them about representing you?
I talked to them and they had already received a copy of the police report. The rep looked at all of the typos & decided they were siding with me. She said that after reviewing it, it clearly wasn't my fault. I opted to go through my own insurance company instead of dealing with the other guy's company bc I already have a migraine. She did tell me they won't pay for impound/storage fees if it stays there longer, but I said that if the guy is supposed to be working on it, he shouldn't be charging storage fees for it. I'll have to talk to him though. He never got back to me on an estimate but he's been busy towing stuff. Ran into him at the sherrif's dept earlier. She also said that they won't raise my rates or anything bc of the police report, but she let me point out some of the mistakes they made in it.
I never sent the e-mail and I'm glad. I've calmed down, but still have the headache. Time to grab a cat and listen to the purring.

Helped install a over the range type, microwave oven that has a ventless exhaust, fan in the unit. I helped with this on and another one last week. It's in a rental unit. The landlords are leaving for 6 months (I told em to say Hi to Ernesto) They have 2 more microwaves of that type they want me to install. They want me to do maintenance calls if the tenants need stuff done .........like changing light bulbs and turning off a faucet if a tenant forgot how to. .... they will be gone 6 months, this is scary.

Grandkids
scary.jpg

They look good Rusty. You take em door to door? That doesn't happen here like it used to. Kids seem to go to stores and banks and tonight the city parking lot was filled with tents. It looked kinda like a carnival.

They look good Rusty. You take em door to door? That doesn't happen here like it used to. Kids seem to go to stores and banks and tonight the city parking lot was filled with tents. It looked kinda like a carnival.
My daughter took them door to door, but not much. Too many organized places to go.

Working on a 1980 Ford truck that has been sitting for years. Got it to turnover yesterday. Today it started and ran until it burned the starting fluid. Either the gas tank is empty or the fuel pump is bad. I dumped the two gallons of gas I had with me in it, but it did not help. Probably not enough. I imagine all the gas had evaporated out. Fuel pump is $23. Probably get one as soon as we get decent weather. Rainy and cold. Don't want to invest much until I know if the auto trans survived. It was good when it was parked.

2 Gal should be enough Floorist .. I ran out of gas to a bad senser , put 2 gal in it and it started right up ..

Fuel may have gelled in the line. I'd check the fuel filter first. While it's out and the line is directed away from the engine, crank the engine over with the fuel surging into a clean 5 gallon pail...... or smaller.
After removing the fuel line from the carburetor, add on 4 feet of rubber fuel line so you can safely direct the fuel into the 5 gallon pail as someone cranks the motor. Look to see what the fuel looks like when it flows into the bucket. That will tell you something.
I agree 2 gallons might not be enough. Add another 2 and that should be plenty.
Add the 2 additional gallons of fuel, then crank the engine with the fuel flowing/flushing into the bucket, then replace the filter, then replace the line to the carburetor.

I'm getting close to doing the same thing with my old Chevy stepside.
I'm gonna do an oil change, then prime the oil system before doing the fuel flush thingy I mentioned. I want to prime the oil system before cranking it. Hope it works. Mine hasn't been started for 5 or so years. I blew air into a cylinder and the engine turned a bit so I know the rings aren't froze up. That's a very good thing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back