What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More coretec. Finished 1100 sf of XL 9inx6ft and now doing 800sf of some basic thin 5in x 48 .
Am i sick of vinyl plank, yes!

Finished a Straomax installation in a kitchen and an adjoining room. That S-288 adhesive is really strange over a non porous surface. Dry to touch after 40 minutes and it didn't feel very tacky. Drop the sheet vinyl into it and it grabs like contact cement.

Finished a Straomax installation in a kitchen and an adjoining room. That S-288 adhesive is really strange over a non porous surface. Dry to touch after 40 minutes and it didn't feel very tacky. Drop the sheet vinyl into it and it grabs like contact cement.

My $ is tied up in a CD right now & I'm waiting for my brother to resume paying me back for the truck loan.

Tom, I'm not sure I'm understanding about the sound & postponing the renovation- do you mean the acoustics in the room are bad or that you need a new TV/speakers or something? Or are you having hearing problems?

I got another letter from the other driver's insurance company asking me to call. I called multiple times & got answering machine every time. So I went to the Safeway agent in town & explained the situation to her. She managed to get in touch with the agent who I needed to talk with and let me give a statement about what happened. I explained I still have more damage to take care of so the whole claim is not finalized yet. Both agents were very nice & I hope I won't have any problems getting reimbursed. Safeway would have to be full of crap to say their driver was not completely at fault.

Meanwhile, I got Mom to look at my links for shower stuff. She wants me to order the surround (although she thought the price was steep, but she saw the prices of similar things and realized it was cheap in comparison). She liked the 16" Moen grab bar with a shelf-- which could go underneath or above the shower controls so she could put stuff on it and be able to grab the bar when standing up. Still plan to have a horizontal bar along the back wall of the shower (which will be to her left) and the vertical bar just in the entryway of the shower. We were looking at the off-brand slidebar options when I discovered that Moen *does* make a version where the slidebar attaches to the shower arm. It has a fixed showerhead & a handheld that is on the slidebar. Moen's website lists it as being over $270. Amazon & Lowes had it for over $180, but Menards had it on a special sale for $99.99 w/ free shipping. Only problem (that I realized after Mom ordered it) was that the diverter is behind the fixed showerhead instead of lower down where she can reach it while sitting. Worst case scenario she can let me know when she's showering & call me over to help her with the diverter. She's not too worried about it bc she's ok with keeping the fixed one off while she uses the handheld. At least the Moen one has a lifetime warranty.

Despite our water heater being less than 5' from the shower, it takes several minutes for the water to get hot. I recommended that she can sit on the shower seat, hold the handheld so it is pointing away from her, turn the water on & wait for it to heat up, and then put the handheld back on the slider.

I also picked up some hay with molasses mixed in for the cows & drove it down to the barn. There is still some hay left from the large bale that was brought over, but it's spread out all over the ground. I gave a loud "Moooooo" to the cows to let them know I was bringing food so they came running. Bales were wrapped in plastic and the horned cow was accidentally poking me in the side with her horn while I was cutting open the bag on a 2nd bale for her daughter. They were both pretty happy.

I made another cake in the pressure cooker & it turned out better this time. I was able to frost it without it falling apart. I had to use a plastic butter knife though. It looks weird but it tastes fine.

Yes .. See the Doc 3/6 , and start more rnds of kemo.. He may make adjustments in the cocktail,that is what the test is for ..

I'm glad to hear that some of it shrunk but not happy about the parts that didn't shrink. Is it anything where targeted lasers could do anything? (I think they can locate tumors and focus multiple lasers on them and burn them away-- but I'm not up-to-date on chemo). I do have a friend who is a nurse in an oncology unit though. If you ever have any questions for me to ask her, I can pass it along and see if she has answers. She has to know a lot about the treatment & the conditions to do her job.

I had a friend come over and help me clean today (technically yesterday). Got a lot of stuff wiped down with clorox wipes & put away in the pantry. Cleared a good path to the microwave (there was trash that spilled out & my brother wouldn't pick it up & my back wasn't cooperating). I couldn't do much bending, but my friend is fast & energetic so she was able to get stuff swept in to a long-handed dustpan while I held it still & then I dumped it in to the trash when it was full and took out the trash bags when they got full while she put new trash bags in. Found a lot of crap (literally crap-- from dogs & cats). Found out they peed in things we didn't even know they got into & she helped me clean stuff out. Tossed a lot of stuff that wasn't worth salvaging. Did a little organizing in the pantry. I've set up a plastic tub in there that I plan to put some stuff in to keep mice out of it, but we were focusing on making it easier to get to the kitchen sink. We worked for about 4 hours before she had to head out to go pick up a co-worker. I had to take a break for the last 15 min while she messed with the dishes bc my back started hurting & I was exhausted. She's going to come back Monday to help me clean out the cabinets, wash dishes & get them organized. For now they are in boxes & the dishwasher (which doesn't clean worth crap) until we can get a clean space to put them away.

The cats don't understand the concept of cleaning so they kept trying to sit in the dust pans, climb in to the pantry, chase the broom, climb in to the trash cans, etc. Some of them kept grabbing me when I walked by because they wanted attention. The orange tabby was being particularly bad about it.

My mother didn't say much in terms of approval, but she's hard to please & my brother didn't seem to care when he got home from work-- but that might be bc he was exhausted.

I baked a cake the night before so my friend had a piece and really liked it, which made me happy. And one thing my mother did express approval of was the monitor tray I got her to raise her monitor up so stuff doesn't block the bottom of the screen and she can slide stuff under her monitor- like her speakers & other stuff. One of these days I'm hoping we can get her desk cleaned better-- put away stuff she wants to keep & throw out the junk. But for now the kitchen is higher priority.

1972333_712083732146041_1029718705_n.jpg

Well, my brother found the cake. I had one slice, my friend had one small slice, & my mother had a sliver. My brother left half a slice on the plate & ate the rest. So, I'm guessing he liked it.

LOL.
I spent the day in "energy saving mode". :p
I know I'm going to have to get up eventually to make dinner, but I've been feeling bleh. I don't even know what the weather was like.

I'm trying to make a chronological To Do List of things that need to be done. I know I have a ton of stuff to do, but I need to organize it and set deadlines/timeframes & decide what to do first & when and try to stick to a schedule. I'm very bad about procrastinating & it isn't helping my health. I feel better about having the kitchen cleaner, but I know I would feel better if I got other things done-- like fixing my bathroom up.

Latest posts

Back