What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got maybe 3 inches.
003.JPG

That's what she said.
*ducks*

It was fairly chilly yesterday. I have kidney stones again & my back was being hateful so I could barely move. My brother wanted to go to the store. I realized we were low on bottled water so we went to Samsclub & made it there 6 minutes before closing. We had our cart loaded and were headed toward the checkout when they announced the store was closing in 5 min. We would have already been at the checkout if there hadn't been some rude fat woman standing right in the doorway with her cart turned sideways & blocking people from entering. I said "Excuse me" several times before she noticed and then I had to ask her to please move. She started to argue at first, but the greeter gently took her cart and moved it and asked her to step out of the way & told us we had 6 minutes 'til closing.

We stopped to eat at the Chinese place & then went to Walmart in town. My brother fell asleep in the truck so I shopped by myself (so it went fast & wasn't too expensive). I couldn't carry the heavy stuff in the house once we got home, so it got left in the car bc my brother wouldn't bring it in. But, I got some more food for Mom and put it away. I forgot to buy some food for myself though-- and I just now realized that. LOL.

I was almost asleep earlier but my mother woke me up because her computer is not sending signal to the monitor again. Nothing I can really do about it so now I can't get back to sleep. I just went and scrubbed the counter next to the sink and washed some dishes. Now I'm trying to get back to sleep.

I fixed Mom's computer issue. I googled the problem & someone with the same graphics card said that he had to remove the RAM and push it back in firmly & it fixed the problem. Not sure why. I figured "Why not?" So, I did it and her computer is working again.

I'm having a bit of trouble typing bc the fluffy orange cat we adopted decided to do a surprise shark-attack on my hand. I was petting him and without warning he bit will all the force he could muster and dug one claw into my wrist. He got my palm and the base of my thumb on one side, and the back of my hand and just near my wrist. Sunk his teeth in to the gums. His previous owner used to beat him & he has random bouts of violence for no reason. I rushed to the bathroom to rinse my hand & get out the hydrogen peroxide & triple antibiotic. I dripped blood all over a puppy pad on the floor & all over the sink. My mother opened a gauze pad for me to apply pressure & once the bleeding slowed I cleaned the punctures & applied antibiotic. I left the ones on the back of my hand uncovered but put bandaids on the palm/thumb ones. I'm going to have to watch them to make sure they don't get infected. They initially started to raise up with irritated bumps, but after I put antibiotic on, the lumps went back down. If that cat keeps up that kind of behavior we may have to find him a new home.

I'm going to go to harbor freight with my mother later today (if she wakes up after her nap).

Just found out they aren't using that material. Room is 13 by 36 with cabinets across the end wall and cabinets and 3 Mutphy beds on the long wall. Gonna be a nightmare with any carpet......... on concrete.

Yeah, I meant if she wakes up in time to go after her nap. lol. She did, but she decided to paint her nails so we sat there for 20min after leaving time while she said they were drying. Then she went to the bathroom & paged me and said she felt too sick to go.

Yeah, I meant if she wakes up in time to go after her nap. lol. She did, but she decided to paint her nails so we sat there for 20min after leaving time while she said they were drying. Then she went to the bathroom & paged me and said she felt too sick to go.

I am just glad if I wake up each morning at my age :)

I have days where I regret waking up bc my body hates me. LOL.
I finally decided to do something about my e-mail inbox having over 14k e-mails (98% were junk). I get a lot of e-mail notifications for stuff that won't let me unsubscribe but some of it I sometimes actually want to read so I don't send it to spam folder automatically. I can only delete 25 e-mails at a time with the way yahoo is set up so I went through and have deleted over 11k so far.

Friend's fiance was supposed to come over today to help clean (well, she was supposed to come over Monday but said she wasn't feeling well & she'd come today). I haven't heard from her since Monday so I figured she forgot or just didn't want to come out. I want my hand to recover a bit more before I resume with the cleaning though. I still have trouble squeezing and gripping things bc my hand is a bit swollen from the cat bite. It's already starting to heal though.

My mother wussed out and wouldn't go to the store with me so I went with my brother (since he doesn't work until 11pm). He had a good nap and wanted to run dungeons in ESO together but every time we got in a group our internet dropped so we said eff it and decided to go to the store. I found the diamond cup wheel (carbon steel) at Harbor Freight as well as some dust masks. The clerks were all very nice and helpful this time. We didn't have any coupons with us, but the lady applied them for us-- applied 20% off to the cup wheel and other coupons to some items. Found out the sales tax went down to 9.95%. Then we went to Lowes & got the Porter Cable grinder (there were no diamond cup wheels there), some gloves, and safety glasses. I forgot to look for a full face shield. I talked to my best friend to ask him for tips on using an angle grinder & he said he'd do the job, but that the gloves I got were not good enough- said I should get medium impact ones. He also said I should look up grinder accidents & said it could be dangerous if the wheel breaks. After going to Lowes, my brother and I went to the Chinese buffet place. My brother had 3 plates full of sushi & then had chocolate ice cream. I had one plate of chicken sticks, snap beans, char siew, chicken with broccoli, & a bread roll along with a bowl of egg drop soup. Mom called & wanted food from in town. It's Lent so she's eating fish on Fridays. We were stuck in traffic bc there was a bad wreck. Ambulance showed up, someone was being towed on a flatbed, there was a woman crying while talking to the cops, and there were two smashed up vehicles. Looks like a small car ran into the side of an SUV.

When we got home, the Moen showerhead had been delivered and set on the porch. Fat orange shark-cat was sitting on it. I'll have to figure out how to register it.

Mine love them whether they are open or closed. they like to claw & shred closed ones and sleep in open ones.
Last night a large possum got in. Looked healthier than the last one that got in. Princess kept going after it and it just held it's mouth open and hissed and tried to get away. At one point she chased it in to the hallway and was barking & snapping at it (she ignored me as I ordered her to stop and ran away from me when I tried to catch her). Brenda was sleeping in the hallway, and the possum was backing up over and over to get away. Backed right up into Brenda and bumped into her. Brenda sat up and was trying to move and the possum didn't seem to acknowledge that she was anything other than an obstacle-- just kept backing up and trying to hide behind her. Eventually Princess chased the possum under the kitchen table and over near the counters (where I can't get to bc there's stuff piled up). Obsidian likes to stay in that area so he came out & was upset to have his territory invaded. He came out and started howling to me for comfort. I eventually tricked Princess in to running into the living room and locked her in. Possum stayed over near the cabinets giving me wary looks for awhile. I went to bed & it was gone when I came out this morning. I hope she didn't hurt it.

Can't say I blame the possum for wanting to come inside to a nice warm dry home where there is food.

Looks like I will be watching lots of gymnastics. My granddaughter got 1st in floor again for 11 and up. My g granddaughter got 1st in floor for 7-8. And starting next tournament, my 8 year old grandson is competing.

The valley had some snow a couple weeks ago and the TV stations became erratic. Sometimes working, sometimes out. I'm on an antenna. For the past two weeks all that came in was public broadcasting. They have 4 channels and one is just PBS radio with still photos.
Yesterday I replaced the coax feed at the antenna. Didn't change anything. Went to the 3 local thrift stores looking for a new antenna and found nothing, so I bought 4 DVD's for $3
Got home and looked behind the set to check out the signal amplifier to be sure it was working. Noticed that the cable wasn't plugged in. :rolleyes:
I must have dislodged it when twisting the TV when I was checking out the number of inputs on the back. The timing of me doing that at the same time some stations were actually off the air, was so freakish.
I get the big three, Fox, PBS, ME, Comet, CW, TBD and a few others...... I think 14 in all. Free is a good price to pay for TV.

.....but the cable has to be plugged in. :D
Feel like an idiot.:oops:

Latest posts

Back