What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of the newer movies are OK. I liked the Hobbit ones & the Lord of the Rings ones. Harry Potter ones were entertaining. I'm a big Star Wars fan so I liked the new movies better than the prequels but still prefer the originals.

Got my friend to come grind the floor. He had on the face shield, safety glasses, dust mask, impact gloves, & gel knee pads. He said he's going to use the knee pads at work bc he has to kneel a lot to fix arcade machines. I wore a dust mask & some aviator's goggles I got from Wish. They sealed up around my eyes nicely & kept dust out. I ran the shopvac while he did the grinding-- went a lot faster than expected. There were only a few high spots. He was impressed with the grinding wheel. At one point a couple of chunks of the leveling crud flew off but I caught them with the shopvac immediately. Dust was still lingering in the air when it was all done but I'll go back in later & vacuum it up when it settles. While he was working on the floor, his fiance was cleaning in the kitchen & she dragged out a bunch of trash bags from the front room. I'd been leaving them there for my brother to take out but he never did. Right before I left to pick them up, one of the cats knocked stuff on the floor & it broke-- the Nu Wave burner & a plate shattered. We have a replacement nu wave thing somewhere- I'll have to dig it out and find a better place for it so cats can't knock it off as easily.

I took them to Taco Bell afterward and then to Lowes. There was some stuff online that was listed as being in clearance that was supposed to still be in stock but when I got there they said it had already been sent back but was still listed on the website. I was disappointed, but it's not a big deal. I got a few small items & the tape to tape down the sheet vinyl.

I saw a flooring cutting machine that looked nice. Not sure if $139 is a good price or not though. My friend said he wished he'd had one when doing the floor at his grandfather's house.
skilfloorsaw.jpg

I grabbed a float for the leveling patch but will not get the leveling patch until everything is cleaned up and ready for it. I'm debating whether or not to try it myself or to wait for my friend to be able to come back & help. I'm a monkey so I'd probably botch it. I can't even spread frosting on a cake smoothly. He said he's fine with coming out and doing it though.

Some of the newer movies are OK. I liked the Hobbit ones & the Lord of the Rings ones. Harry Potter ones were entertaining. I'm a big Star Wars fan so I liked the new movies better than the prequels but still prefer the originals.

Got my friend to come grind the floor. He had on the face shield, safety glasses, dust mask, impact gloves, & gel knee pads. He said he's going to use the knee pads at work bc he has to kneel a lot to fix arcade machines. I wore a dust mask & some aviator's goggles I got from Wish. They sealed up around my eyes nicely & kept dust out. I ran the shopvac while he did the grinding-- went a lot faster than expected. There were only a few high spots. He was impressed with the grinding wheel. At one point a couple of chunks of the leveling crud flew off but I caught them with the shopvac immediately. Dust was still lingering in the air when it was all done but I'll go back in later & vacuum it up when it settles. While he was working on the floor, his fiance was cleaning in the kitchen & she dragged out a bunch of trash bags from the front room. I'd been leaving them there for my brother to take out but he never did. Right before I left to pick them up, one of the cats knocked stuff on the floor & it broke-- the Nu Wave burner & a plate shattered. We have a replacement nu wave thing somewhere- I'll have to dig it out and find a better place for it so cats can't knock it off as easily.

I took them to Taco Bell afterward and then to Lowes. There was some stuff online that was listed as being in clearance that was supposed to still be in stock but when I got there they said it had already been sent back but was still listed on the website. I was disappointed, but it's not a big deal. I got a few small items & the tape to tape down the sheet vinyl.

I saw a flooring cutting machine that looked nice. Not sure if $139 is a good price or not though. My friend said he wished he'd had one when doing the floor at his grandfather's house.View attachment 9258

I grabbed a float for the leveling patch but will not get the leveling patch until everything is cleaned up and ready for it. I'm debating whether or not to try it myself or to wait for my friend to be able to come back & help. I'm a monkey so I'd probably botch it. I can't even spread frosting on a cake smoothly. He said he's fine with coming out and doing it though.

I love that saw. I'm on my third one since they came out like ten years ago. It also rips, does angle cuts. And I hook it up to my shop vac with a switch that turns it on when I start cutting. So I cut mostly cross cuts inside. Makes it super fast with no dust.

I love that saw. I'm on my third one since they came out like ten years ago. It also rips, does angle cuts. And I hook it up to my shop vac with a switch that turns it on when I start cutting. So I cut mostly cross cuts inside. Makes it super fast with no dust.
Excellent! I found it cheaper on Amazon (w/ free shipping) so I might order it. Does it cut vinyl plank ok? Hooking up the shopvac is a good idea.
My friend & I drooled over that saw for a bit before moving on. I decided to look it up on Amazon before making a purchase. I still need to hit Lowes before April 2nd to use my coupon (if I can find it). I need to come up with a list of stuff that is actually in stock for me to go buy there.

Decided to do most of the painting myself to save some money. Might buy a scaffold. Ceiling is 8 feet and I'm 5'2". Using a step ladder to cut in would be tedious. figured it would take 3 gallons for the ceiling and 5 for the walls.

Gotta clear out stuff out of the living room though.

Then masking. Not looking forward to that!

Excellent! I found it cheaper on Amazon (w/ free shipping) so I might order it. Does it cut vinyl plank ok? Hooking up the shopvac is a good idea.
My friend & I drooled over that saw for a bit before moving on. I decided to look it up on Amazon before making a purchase. I still need to hit Lowes before April 2nd to use my coupon (if I can find it). I need to come up with a list of stuff that is actually in stock for me to go buy there.

I use it for vinyl plank, engineered hardwood, and cork Z. Keep it down on the end of the rows so I can just turn and cut.

Decided to do most of the painting myself to save some money. Might buy a scaffold. Ceiling is 8 feet and I'm 5'2". Using a step ladder to cut in would be tedious. figured it would take 3 gallons for the ceiling and 5 for the walls.

Gotta clear out stuff out of the living room though.

Then masking. Not looking forward to that!
Cheaper to rent one ..

You can always set up some sturdy sawhorses & some planks. My father did that before for a makeshift scaffolding. Probably not high enough though.

Looks like Amazon has that skil saw for cheaper than Lowes & the amazon one comes with a blade.

My young friend came over and cleaned today. She's got a lot more energy & speed than I do. I miss being that age to an extent-- I had a lot more energy. She's coming back Sunday to clean some more.

Tomorrow I plan to sweep & vacuum my bathroom up, adjust the vinyl sheet more & lay it flat until it's time to do the leveling patch. I'll have to get some before & after pictures. I should have gotten pics of my friend all geared up. I was pleasantly surprised that my aviator's goggles worked so well to keep dust out of my eyes, plus they just look cool. They actually look better in person than in the picture.
brnlaviatorgog.jpg

You guys miss a lot by not belonging to the jeeper forum. We have been discussing midget dwarf strippers on a pole at an ice cream shop opening. Don't get more cerebral, than that.:D

Watched Leave It To Beaver this morning. I wish kids today could grow up watching that kind of show. It was a hot day and Beaver learned the water going to be shut off for pipe repairs, so he went around the neighborhood with his wagon selling water to earn money for a baseball uniform. Selling water....... wow, so far ahead of his time. :D Were there child labor laws back then, and the what about the city permits, and health department license. :eek:

I'm getting ready to finish up my landscaping in the front of the house. I did the first 2/3 2 years ago and never got to the other part last year. My original was river rock for the bed. Well today I scraped up maybe 2 tons of rock, put them in a bucket and wheeled them around to the front of the garage and piled them. Next I'll flatten them out on the front of the garage and wash them all out of the dirt and grime that has accumilated over the last 15 years or so. I did the same thing on the other part. You can't imagine how much dirt and roots get in there. Then it will be put down the fabric and plant. Then put the rock back. My back is screaming at me right now but it was a beautiful day out and 55*. Can't keep an old man down, right rusty and Jon?

Yesterday I went to the post office & got mail & grabbed something from the store for Mom & then cooked dinner (microwave since the cooktop is busted).
Today I feel like death warmed over. Just absolutely exhausted. I went into town to pick up mail & Mom asked me to order Burger King for her. They asked me to pull up to the front & wait while they cooked stuff & I fell asleep (it took about 10min). I'm just checking a few messages now & will take a nap in a bit. Brain doesn't want to stay awake.

I installed around 270 sf of vinyl plank today and yesterday . Monday was better but it was a large rectangular shape.
Just going through the motions.
Its over existing ceramic tile that is unusually flat.
Undercutting the door casings is a double cut.

Latest posts

Back