What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ernesto, I read your post out to my mother (about the Amazon Echo) & she said it confirmed why she didn't trust that stuff.
I keep my phone's flashlight app off when it isn't in use. Most of the time I keep my phone off when it isn't in use.
Tapatalk took over Zetaboards & I really don't like it. The security for it is crap. If new people apply to my forum there is no option to just reject them & I found out that they can see things on the forum I don't want them to see if they register but are not approved. So, I shut down registration on my forum. Most of the people stopped posting there after Tapatalk took over so I'm thinking of just closing it down entirely & communicating with members in other ways instead.
I remembered that Mom wanted me to pick up the pills the pharmacy shorted her & I had a prescription to pick up. There was a looong line & when I got up there they couldn't find her stuff. They shorted her 8 pills but they only put that they owed her 7 so I just took the 7 pills in a bottle & headed to Sams club (bc she nagged me about getting more bottled water there before I left). Fortunately, Sams is right near Lowes. Light turned red on me as I pulled out of Sam's so I cut through the Hobby Lobby parking lot & went straight there. I turned on my phone to load up the order # & show the e-mail where they told me my item was going to be delivered today. Phone immediately rang & Mom wanted me to pick something up at Sam's. I told her I'd already been there. Went inside & I asked for the store manager who wasn't in. I got the assistant store manager & showed her the e-mail & explained the situation-- that I'd already been there on the 5th to pick up my item & they couldn't find it & I'd been waiting & they said they would deliver it but when I called they said they wouldn't deliver it & I was rather frustrated. Showed the order # so she went and got the box. I mentioned how I should get some compensation for all my trouble but she just ignored it & I'm not aggressive on things like that like Mom is so I didn't push the issue (plus I was just too exhausted to argue). I did have her open it so I could confirm it wasn't damaged & it was fine. When she took it out of the shipping box, I saw that the NuWave box had a handle so I asked her to leave it out so I could use the handle. I did take both boxes just in case. Went back to Sam's to grab the stuff Mom wanted- pulled it up on my phone to ask an employee where it was bc it had been moved. Picked up a 3/4" anti-fatigue mat to set on the floor in front of where the new NuWave sits to buffer if it manages to get pushed off again (plus they are so nice to stand on).
I put the NuWave box on the counter to open it & 3 cats rushed over to sit on the box. Got it unboxed & was trying to take it out of the plastic. One of the cats climbed on it and laid down while I was tearing plastic while another continued to sit on the box. It says not to place it on a magnetic surface & not to put it on a gas or electric range. My old one sat on the electric range before & I put the styrofoam that had been on it's surface underneath it. I think I will get some sort of non-slip mat to go underneath & a silicone mat to protect the top for when it isn't in use. If I do a review of it for Lowes I can be entered into a sweepstakes to win a $300 gift card. I get 2 entries if I post pictures.

I discovered that Carpetmart allows you to put a flooring product into your own picture. I took a few shots and 'laid down' some Coretec products.

I'm still doing research and wonder if Armstrong has a product comparable to Coretec Plus.

Attachments

• kingswoods_oak.jpg
    kingswoods_oak.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Northwoods_oak.jpg
    Northwoods_oak.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 22
Got most of the stair treads and risers. All look good. Called LL. They said that if they can’t find the shipment, they will just give me what I’m short of.

Do you guys know anything about their version of Coretec called Corelux?

Attachments

• C6CBFE59-3BAE-4C8F-9521-6EB7825E1D1A.jpeg
    C6CBFE59-3BAE-4C8F-9521-6EB7825E1D1A.jpeg
    139.9 KB · Views: 21
Tom, the carpetmart thing is pretty cool! I love it when you can preview what things would look like in your space.

The treads look nice. Wish I knew enough about the products to answer your questions but I have no idea.

Today was a day of rest for me. I was just too exhausted from the last couple of days to do much, but I know I'll need to cook dinner tonight. I hope I won't have to go to the store to get stuff, but I'm out of milk & a few other things. Tomorrow I'm really hoping to be able to work on my floor. At the very least I'm going to get my tools back from my friend.

He's been better about keeping them all together rather than scattering them bc he lost a bunch of my drill bits & other stuff before & he feels bad about it.

LLs stuff is usually crap.
That's why I wanted opinions. they have a 7 mm Acadia or Cherry that looks really good. I'm always concerned about the locking mechanism and the sound. Seeing what's under a small part of the floor I can already see they put down 1/4 inch plywood over the subfloor but left 1/4 inch gaps between the planks. I want to check flatness too. I'm guessing the center of the living room is low. Need to buy a long straight edge.

I'll probably go with Coretec or Armstrong Pryszm (sp).

Stay away from LL.. All junk ..

I think I’ll stick with COREtec. Maybe the Acadia or one of the oaks. I have a red oak Minwax stain for the treads. I want the stairs dark. I’m also going to order Charles Neil ‘s wood conditioner for stairs and baseboard. Pine and red oak can really get blotchy.

The Coretec 5 inch planks are only $.70 more per foot than the best of LL. Doesn’t make sense to go with anything else.

Ordered a $50 laser level. Based on the lay of the baseboard I have a feeling the middle of room is low

Latest posts

Back