What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I emailed US Floors to see if the trim pieces from them are as the guy said. I will find out.
There's another major player in flooring trims that match every flooring that anyone makes.
"scapes my mind, but I think I mentioned it here a while back. I'll get it for ya.
............ ah ha! Artistic Finishes is the name. They make all kinds of flooring transition moldings and I think, even for the manufacturers.

Here ya go. Tell em what you have and ask em if they have a color match for the trims you need.
They also make bare moldings so you can match them yourself.
https://www.artisticfinishes.com/Page/Moldings

Thanks. They called back today and verified they are all 94 inch pieces. Still need 4 pieces. But the 5th one I ordered will be returned and credited

I have stood outside and watched several. Too dark and raining too hard last night. Still raining hard..
We are supposed to have high fog or overcast for the next few days. Tomorrow night they will change the forecast, so who knows. We're back into out normal weather with lows at 50 , highs 60.

The one that killed three.
61322444_10217134997320384_7551564301878689792_n.jpg

Out of commission work wise as of Friday. Missed a court date because of my cracked windshield. Got pulled over a month and a half ago and The state cop was parked alongside a building about 100 feet from a bar............ it was 6:30 on a Friday. As a bunch of us cars drove out from a green light , the cop immediately pulled out when he had the chance and zigzagged through three lanes of traffic until he could get behind me about 5 blocks later. I was heading to the grocery store, so I just continued till he pulled in behind me and flicked on his lights.
Long story short, the cop gave me what I was thinking was a warning for a crack in my wind shield. Well, it was a ticket, not a warning. So yesterday I get a $550 fine in the mail for the crack and a failure to appear. Sheesh, only a total idiot would fail to appear. Somehow in my mind, I dismissed this as a warning. So now, no way to get to work and the windshield probably can't be replaced because of rust behind the upper part of the gasket. The windshield can be cut out, but a new gasket probably won't allow a new windshield to be installed. That and the cost. $125 for a gasket and $175 for the windshield.
I have a check coming probably on Tuesday, that will take care of my rent electric and phone................... and a repair to do 30 miles away............. but I can't drive the van. :oops: No other work on the horizon.
.............all this because I got pulled over by a cop parked 100 feet away from the front doors of a bar at 6:30 on a Friday........ because of a crack in my window. Yeah, right. I'm sure that's what he was looking for. :rolleyes:
..............a crack that has been there and hasn't moved for 20 years. Sorry guys, you have a criminal on the forum. :(
So all I need now is a new van and $550 for a fine............and some work to pay for it all with no work until the phone rings. When it does, I can't do it without the van.

Last edited:
I get repair work from the Carpet One shop and when they have something like a woven that needs some Randy skills. That's not needed every day. What's been keeping me working is repairing of patching up relatively new installs. Carpet One guaranteed the product and labor for life........ so even a 6 year old wrinkle gets fixed with no charge to the customer.
I have my S-10, but what tools do I need to do a repair? I don't know 'till I get there. How much stuff and what tools can I fit into the truck? If it's raining or drizzly, I can put anything in the bed.
What bothers me is the crack doesn't hurt a thing, and it doesn't even go from one side to another. Starts on the passenger side, goes 3/4 of the way horizontal towards the driver side, angles down then stops.

I knew a guy who put a piece of plywood over his bed and glued turf to it with outdoor glue. A piece of masonite with a little frame support on the back would also be almost waterproof. I did repairs out of a minivan. Only thing I could not carry was 12' metal, but I could get 8' in.
We can't have any cracks on a windshield now. They changed it a couple years ago.

I knew a guy who put a piece of plywood over his bed and glued turf to it with outdoor glue. A piece of masonite with a little frame support on the back would also be almost waterproof. I did repairs out of a minivan. Only thing I could not carry was 12' metal, but I could get 8' in.
We can't have any cracks on a windshield now. They changed it a couple years ago.
If your minivan has a rear side window that pops out to vent, you can carry a 12 foot plank. We did it yesterday in a Toyota minivan. The front of the plank will end up at the front seat and it will stick out the window by a foot

If your minivan has a rear side window that pops out to vent, you can carry a 12 foot plank. We did it yesterday in a Toyota minivan. The front of the plank will end up at the front seat and it will stick out the window by a foot
My minivan got totaled in March. I bought a full size one to replace it

I started staining the baseboard. I sanded down to 220 grit. Then I used Charles Neil’s pre-color conditioner. 2 coats. Sanded last coat with 800 grit. Used Zar Teak Natural oil stain on pine base. Virtually no splotches. Needs another coat. Will do that tomorrow. My shoulder feels like I have a knife stuck in it!

I started staining the baseboard. I sanded down to 220 grit. Then I used Charles Neil’s pre-color conditioner. 2 coats. Sanded last coat with 800 grit. Used Zar Teak Natural oil stain on pine base. Virtually no splotches. Needs another coat. Will do that tomorrow. My shoulder feels like I have a knife stuck in it!
Sounds too much like work.

Latest posts

Back