What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like you forgot the drop cloth? :ghostly:
Yeah. Didn't think I'd need one bc I didn't spill any last time & it's on plywood. I was doing great-- no drips, nothing on my hands, not getting it anywhere but where I wanted. Then I derped & bumped the bucket with my foot. LOL. Good thing it's getting covered up with flooring though.

I'm going to do touch-ups, sides, & poly coat after they are in their final spots (baseboard & door trim needs to come off to get them flush against the wall).

I'm definitely going to use a drop cloth when I'm doing the uppers (once they are purchased & installed).

Rusty, he wanted to do vinyl plank, but the floor is way too wavy for that & self-leveling flooring would have to be incredibly thick so he wants to go with an Armstrong tape down sheet vinyl. It will be about $200+ for the amount he needs though. I'm hoping that he can make up the hours to start getting ahead on his bills again and that he'll be able to start saving up for it. He recently got a raise, but he's had to miss a lot of work between being sick & the DCFS stuff. But, he now has an understanding with his ex that she better watch the kids bc DCFS has been alerted & he told her the kids will have mandatory counseling. Surprisingly, his ex didn't argue with that & said she thought it was a good idea.

I'm waiting for my friend to tell me when he wants to work on the cabinets again so I can help him. He also wants to build a railing on his front steps so my mother doesn't have so much trouble going up them. He's afraid she'll fall because she's stumbled a few times & we usually have to help her go up & down them.

I'm trying to figure out what to get my mother for dinner because my brother ate the leftovers again (without asking) but he did put the container in the sink. The leftovers were my plan for dinner but now I need to come up with something else. He used too much of the sour cream so I barely had enough for the stroganoff last night so I'm out. I've decided not to go to the store today bc my body needs to rest. I'll go tomorrow & grab more groceries.

Edit: I felt rested enough to actually be somewhat productive. I cleaned the toilet & filled all of the indoor pet waterers (not with the toilet water of course).

Last edited:
Anyone have his number to call him? (I'm not asking for it, just hoping someone here can call him & check on him to make sure he's ok).
I'm still feeling crappy from being sick. Lightheaded & brain is in sloth-mode. I went to the store & brought my friend's fiance. She is much faster & helped me at the self-checkout & helped me put stuff in the truck. I had to make a 2nd trip in to take her to the pharmacy to get my friend's grandfather's medicine. The old man wasn't up to driving & his son cut his foot & my friend was at work. He refused to give the girl gas money so she didn't have enough gas to make the trip & he really needed the medicine so I drove into town for it & spotted her some gas money afterward. She's going to come help me clean to make up for it later. She also stopped me from having a wreck bc my brain wasn't processing what my eyes were seeing so I didn't notice a car going straight when I was turning. She got me to stop in time. I really shouldn't have been driving but for now I'm back home trying to rest.

Rusty, I hope that he's ok and just busy or maybe having confuser problems.

Good luck, Havasu! Here's hoping the storm won't be so bad-- although it looks like it's category 5 right now. Not a good sign.

Talked to Randy on the phone for a couple hours. He is fine. Modem shot craps.

Thats okay then
Rusty and Daris if you stop seeing emails from me start worrying :)
If he was closer I could give him a few old puters that are just siting here
I want to meet Randy I will have to get one more trip into Vegas while I am still working in that I can at least claim it tax wise as a bushiness trip before I throw flooring away. Getting tooooo old for this stupid game

Latest posts

Back