What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hav I reckon you miscounted
Try again as I think you dropped a few on the sofa from the second bag
I am going to the shops today for the first time in lots of days
I want a Big Mac but they are shut along with everything else. Can get petrol though even though you have to stay in your "local" area so thats not use
Our count of virus is the same as yesterday I think
Got that wrong its 708 cases now and still one death

Last edited:
Just some simple stats. The death rate from the virus is .66%. Slightly more than the flu. Probably 80% of cases of both are so mild they don't get reported. We are at about 4,000 deaths in the US from the virus. Deaths from the flu range from 12,000 to 60,000 each year In the US.

I’m working from home. Manning the Help Desk and providing support for the University.

i’ve been getting 2 meals of HelloFresh each week. Nice to make something other than the standard fare. Last night was bbq sauce on flatbread covered with pineapple, onion and roasted poblano. Topped with mozzarella and jack cheese. Awesome.

oh and at 11:45 this morning there is a rocket launch. A launch at lunch!

No rocket here Tom but a really bright rainbow a half hour ago. I don't see those in the early hours very often.
.... rather see a rocket launch if I had the choice.

Just some simple stats. The death rate from the virus is .66%. Slightly more than the flu. Probably 80% of cases of both are so mild they don't get reported. We are at about 4,000 deaths in the US from the virus. Deaths from the flu range from 12,000 to 60,000 each year In the US.
Be interesting to see the final numbers (soon I hope)
It's a lot easier to count the people that died than people who are infected since some don't even know they have it. The more tests that get done, the lower the death percentage.
I read the numbers could go as high as 250,000. Doubt it gets remotely close to that.

40 % of cases in the US are in New York. The states not the CDC tracks the numbers, so you'd have to go to each states website to see if they have that info. I suppose there may be an estimate out there somewhere.

I wish they knew how many were actually infected. Some doctors say 80% of the infected won't seek treatment. And how many die from something else while they have the virus that gets attributed to the virus.

Heard today, if I understood it correctly that the virus may indeed slow and disappear........ Only to stay barely enough alive and return again in the Fall. The next couple weeks should tell a lot.

I wish they knew how many were actually infected. Some doctors say 80% of the infected won't seek treatment. And how many die from something else while they have the virus that gets attributed to the virus.
I don't think there is a treatment, so the option is stay home and recover there... only of it gets serious enough do you need hospital care.
Be nice to have a few extra billion dollars so you could say $$$ thanks to those on the front lines. Be scary being a doctor or nurse the days.

We just got a stay at home order. Does not change much. The governor gave an executive order keeping CCWs from expiring. Also driver licenses and state tags will not expire.

They closed the liquor stores in Pa. but left beer distributors open. People jam liquor stores in times of crisis. I guess that’s their reasoning. Paper products are coming back in stock. Got 12 rolls of TP and 6 rolls of paper towels. And I got white bread. The advantages of shopping on Thursday. Blue skies here finally. Gray and rainy doesn’t really help the spirits when you’re cooped up. Been getting HelloFresh meals for the last month. I would never bother to make these meals if I had to go buy so many ingredients. But damn are these recipes delicious! I’m eating roasted carrots, poblanos, parsnips, and an occasional salad. That’s not me! Anyway, remember, the virus wins by making you think you are alone. Nobody is alone if you’re on a forum. Keep the conversation going. Newtons law: a body in motion tends to remain in motion. Life is like that!

stay safe everyone.

Just saw a news report that my town is the "epicenter" for Covid-19 infections at federal detention centers. There have been more deaths at the local one & there are over 30 people still waiting for test results. Number of cases in the state went up over 2k since yesterday.

I'm not bored but I have 17-3/4 ceiling tiles from north to south and 11-1/2 ceiling tiles from east to west. Each tile (which looks like a pegboard) has 484 holes. I can't get up close enough to count the number of holes on the partial tiles.

My uncle (my late father's brother) called to check on us. He hadn't checked his e-mail yet and didn't see that I just e-mailed him. We have completely different religious and political views but I love him and he's got a great sense of humor. He's a bit of a social butterfly. He lives in a retirement community where they take care of him & his wife. He's involved in different social groups (including church). He's got his Funny Farm gardening group where he helps people in the community do their gardening and grows fruit & veggies for people. He's got his Navy Veterans group. And he's got his Master Gardeners group (he is registered in the state of VA as a master gardener-- not sure what that means, but I guess he can give people advice or something). He specializes in edible gardening & stuff that attracts butterflies. He loves butterflies. He gave me updates on my cousins. When this whole pandemic blows over I may need to go pay a visit to my cousin's ex-husband and put a boot up his behind. He's still harassing my cousin & making their kids miserable.

I'm planning to go to the store & post office tomorrow. Both my mother and brother have been nagging me to go to the post office but I only want to make 1 trip into town a week.

Latest posts

Back