What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fans will be your best friend drying the concrete. No hurricane speed, just air movement.
I noticed yesterday there are about 25 fishing vessels offshore about 20 miles out.
Checked em all out and most are 40 to 50 years old. The smallest four are about 26 meters long. Ten are are 60 to 100 meters long. Four are factory ships and most list Seattle Washington as home port.
The 'smaller' boats (26 to 100 meters) supply fish to the factory ships. I think the factory ships will be out there for a month or more. Fish come off the ships packaged and ready for sale.
What a nasty, smelly job that would be. "barfing"

Highup, the new torch looks cool. Fire is one of the things I don't mess with. LOL.
Tom, walls are looking good!
I've been trying to help my friend find a good stove to replace his Samsung one that went all crazy. He bought it used & thought only problem was LCD display. He replaced that & it started doing weird stuff-- turning the oven on whenever burners turned on, turning oven AND burners on without any controls being touched. Burned one of the houseguests bc the light to indicate burners were on didn't turn on. It wouldn't shut off so they had to unplug it. He has a very limited budget but I don't want him to get screwed on another used one.
Also found a door on e-bay for his kitchen-- it's a Z-panel/frame barn door with the hardware included. New in box & he has a thing with e-bay where if it turns out to be defective or have a problem, he gets all his $ back. It comes unassembled. So, I'd help put it together & then I'd stain it & poly it for him.
I'd wanted to go to Samsclub today to get more water & groceries but Mom was asleep when I wanted to go & I ended up taking a nap. Woke up with not enough time to get up there before Sams closes. So, plan is to go with my friend tomorrow & have him look at appliances in Lowes & HD to see if there's anything he likes. He'd been wanting something from some junk store in Ball, but I communicated with the people & they were not forthcoming & got a bad vibe from them. He's listening to me this time.
Still need to find him a vanity for the bathroom. He wants a 48" one with single sink, drawers on the side, and doors in the center. But they are extremely expensive.
Not sure if it will load, but I made a collage of his kitchen stuff-- some actual photos of what he currently has along with some ideas. I used MS Paint to copy & paste his new fridge over a pic that had his old fridge in the layout- looks pretty damn sloppy. LOL.
The idea stuff is for a magnetic paper towel holder/spice rack to stick to the fridge, a magnetic shelf to stick to the top of the stove, two stainless steel "splash guard" panels to put on the walls around the stove, a fold-down table, folding chairs, the door/drawer hardware, and a barn door. I miss having Polyvore for my collages. MS Paint isn't as easy to work with.
MKitchen1jpg.jpg

No matter what brand stove you look at there are only 3 manufacturers that make stoves. We found that out when looking for one. I fixed ours just by unplugging and plugging it back in. It reset the confuser in it. But it isn't what is should be on preheat. It says it is heated to temp but not so wifey just waits a little longer.

No matter what brand stove you look at there are only 3 manufacturers that make stoves. We found that out when looking for one. I fixed ours just by unplugging and plugging it back in. It reset the confuser in it. But it isn't what is should be on preheat. It says it is heated to temp but not so wifey just waits a little longer.
That's why someone invented wood stoves. No USB port on a wood stove.
;)

Zan, I'd do a lot of looking on internet reviews and read the appliance horror stories before you find something on "sale" (because it's crap), thinking it was a good deal.

Got the 'mini' off feed table finished today. Just need to add a quick release method to hold this against the router table.

The bottom of the leg is adjustable and it also folds flat against the mini off feed table because it's hinged.... so they are one unit. I did this because it has to be easily attached to the main table, but only when it's needed.
The darker colored wood is fir. It makes up the adjustable part, which was fit into the larger part of the leg via a 3/8" slot I cut into the leg with the router. Sort of a track for the adjustable part to slide in. The two knobs by themselves would hold plenty fine without this shallow rabbit into the upper leg........ but hey, I need to learn how to use a router table. No better time than now.
I wanted this contraption to be portable. It works like a dream.

Attachments

• IMG_20200524_200153258.jpg
    IMG_20200524_200153258.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20200524_200133571.jpg
    IMG_20200524_200133571.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20200524_200220279.jpg
    IMG_20200524_200220279.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20200524_200451376.jpg
    IMG_20200524_200451376.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20200524_200532848.jpg
    IMG_20200524_200532848.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Etched the floor today. 400 square feet. Wearing bunny suit and rubber boots. Took 5 hours. Mostly pushing a broom and respraying to keep the surface wet. Seemed to work. Claim it’s safe on skin doesn’t match with claims of ph<1. Huh? Wore boots and gloves to be safe. Shop vac was full of water and concrete dust. Going to do other stuff till weekend when I paint floor.

I’m sore. Bet my blood sugar will be low. But I have cookies! 😀

Attachments

• F8474F9E-66A3-461A-A0E5-F703B8815EE2.jpeg
    F8474F9E-66A3-461A-A0E5-F703B8815EE2.jpeg
    102.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 875AF80B-36BF-4791-AEAB-99D31D43625B.jpeg
    875AF80B-36BF-4791-AEAB-99D31D43625B.jpeg
    87.5 KB · Views: 19
The Home Depot expert said the wood stain on the floor should be removed. Suggested stripper. Bad idea! Smell was bad. It only did a fair job. Smell is gone. Put a fan in room and opened windows. Flooded area with water, scrubbed and vacuumed. All dry now.

Also conditioned last of trim. Will prime floor today and stain trim as well. Hoping to put paint down tomorrow and Sunday.

theres 9 gallons of stuff under the workbench and that doesn’t include the wall paint.

Attachments

• 68879966-A953-480A-AD4C-CE717E258E18.jpeg
    68879966-A953-480A-AD4C-CE717E258E18.jpeg
    156.5 KB · Views: 22
Rained this morning and the sun popped out about 1pm. Slight wind and it dried things real quick. About 3 I was able to mow my hayfield/lawn. The temps have been in the 90's for the last 5 days and rain at night, I mowed on Sunday and it already needed it on Monday. I also do my 2 neighbors lawns and got done abot 6:30. Got something to eat and looked out and it was clouding over again. Got one hell of storm about 8 with hail. I don't know how my flowers and garden are doing. Guess I will find out in the morning.

Latest posts

Back