What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been having headaches from a dental abscess but it seems to have deflated-- was a sore lump but now it's gone & there is a rough patch of skin where it used to be.
My best friend is having Covid symptoms after two of his co-workers tested positive & he was sent home. Took him several days for them to get test kits in. He tested negative but sometimes there are false negatives so he's going to operate as if he has it just in case. His employer wants him to come back to work. I told him to call in sick. He actually is ill & it could be contagious even if it's just the flu. His fiance is upset bc she just got papwerwork from the court saying her arraignment is in early August. She's due to give birth in mid to late August unless they have to induce her early. She's "31 weeks" but her belly is only the size of someone at "23 weeks". Shes up to about 100lbs now. Even though she's not guilty of the crime she's charged with, they are talking about her taking a plea deal because they can't afford a better attorney, they know they are going to end up having to pay $ anyway (bc that's how the system works here), & she doesn't want to risk trial. She has ADHD & can't properly explain things in order. She jumps around & confuses people when trying to relate a story. You'll have to ask her 20 times to get it out of her in a way that makes sense. The court appointed lawyer who is supposed to represent her still hasn't spoken to her yet. His clerk actually pulled some BS with her pretty much assuming she was guilty without knowing what happened, so I explained that she was attacked in her own home & defended herself. Maybe I'm too much of a control freak, but I wrote down what she told me & I want to talk to her lawyer or at least be with her to help her explain what happened in a coherent manner.

Rusty, sorry to hear about your knife. I've carried my Swiss Army Knife for over 20 years. I'd be very upset if I lost it.

Mention of the dust from cutting ceiling tiles made me think of some Youtube videos I watched where people had elaborate dust collection systems.

Ceiling is finished including moving vent over. Practiced my contortionist skills trying to squeeze between grid members and rafters.

also made a panel sled for cutting some pieces for the desk.

Attachments

• F0A96FE1-BFED-44C1-A04B-82117A5DAA3C.jpeg
    F0A96FE1-BFED-44C1-A04B-82117A5DAA3C.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 09B9F99F-7B23-4279-8437-0244C9D6F240.jpeg
    09B9F99F-7B23-4279-8437-0244C9D6F240.jpeg
    126.2 KB · Views: 19
Spent day cutting pieces for wall cabinets and model building desk. Mainly to get the sheets of MDF into the house are clear space in garage to pu the 4Runner. My God MDF cuts dirty. Dust everywhere. Thank Goodness for leaf blower.
Time to work on lawn tractor. Oil change, filter, and sharpen blades. And it’s 93 degrees outside

Working at a house today putting in carpet and I'm outside doing some cuts on my tablesaw. Heard Born in the USA blaring through some loud speakers then turn to look and see a police vehicle and a fire truck driving slowly down this street. They stopped every so often if people were outside and got out to him small American flags to everybody. Kinda neat since everything seems to be cancelled.

Attachments

• IMG_20200704_131627301_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200704_131627301_HDR.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 14
Changed the oil on the tractor. Couldn’t get the filter off. Had it changed by the shop last year because they were already picking it up to replace the starter assembly. But they must have used an impact wrench to put it in. None of my wrenches will grip it. I ordered one of those grip anything oil filter wrenches for $18. Had to use a push-pull suctioning pump. Oil drain plug is over deck and over frame member. Took forever to get it primed.

sharpened the blades. Realized I didn’t have a 15/16 impact socket. I have a standard one but the nut is almost rounded.. Ordered 2 new nuts and a socket. Amazon loves me!

Everything 4th is canceled in Oregon, but my next door neighbor doesn't care. He's been shooting off fireworks since before it got dark.
Not the little stuff, the ones that go a couple hundred feet up and explode almost that wide. Wowza, what a treat.

Tom, the room looks great! Very nice wall color. What was it again?

I'm feeling better but it was hot AF outside & I got overheated in a few minutes. Mom woke me up wanting to go to the last day of the closeout sale for the local furniture store that belonged to a friend of ours. Was open for 60 years but the old man recently died of cancer. His son told me he died 6 weeks after the biopsy. It was some kind of rare T-Cell lymphoma. His wife had previously died of cancer. Saw their daughter who I hadn't seen in decades. She was in my brother's grade & we hung out as kids. I forgot that we went on school field trips together but she reminded me. She also remembered the incident with the lion spraying the kid who taunted him. One of the sons couldn't be there because he has Covid. His sister said he's coughing up blood, sneezing up blood, & feels like he was hit by a truck. They've been bringing food to his doorstep & dropping it off.

Most of the inventory was cleared out. There were only a few recliners & some wooden chairs. There was a tall wooden one mom liked and one of those powered recliners with a lift to help people stand up. Mom really liked that recliner so she claimed it. She was buying it & mentioned the tall wood chair that was $10 & the girl said "Oh, Miss Suzie, you can have that for free!" My brother was none-too-thrilled about the recliner because we had no idea where to put it until I cleared a spot for it in the front room. We'll need to re-arrange the furniture in the living room to get it to fit in there eventually. We really should get rid of the little piece from our old set that has cup holders-- or at the very least move it out of there. My brother didn't think I was going to be able to help him move the recliner in but it wasn't as heavy as I thought so we managed it.

Mom got to see the kittens in their condo for the first time & was surprised at how large it was & was also pleased to hear it was on sale when my brother got it. She stopped to play with the kittens. She wasn't thrilled about getting more cats but she melted when she saw them. She's always loved kittens.

Highup, that was nice of the police to do that. Sometimes people forget that the police motto is to protect and *serve*. It helps build community trust when they do things like that.

The Flash is from DC comics. Marvel's main speedster was Quicksilver. I've been boycotting Marvel comics since they killed off Multiple Man. Always was more of a Batman fan anyway.

After unloading the recliner, unloading some other junk from the trunk, putting air in the tire, & making food for Mom, we went to the grocery store to get crackers, milk, fruit, etc. Came back & got Mom some salad since she was still hungry.

Cat woke me up at 3am wanting cuddles so I'm sitting here with him laying over my arm.

The color is Benjamin Moore Watercolor Blue. I primed walls with Zinzzer 123 primer. Needed to seal drywall. The wall behind the washer was very yellow from previous owner smoking. This sealed it enough.
Washed car and did little else. Shoulder is sore. Need to stop a bit.

And I’m paying for it. Everything hurts! lol

Think I’ll just relax for a day or two, then start working on desk. My driveway is covered indirt and dead grass from power washing the lawn tractor deck. Thunderstorms coming tomorrow and rest of week so let the rain do the work

Ain't gunna happen...

From NFL MVP to Super Bowl MVP, Patrick Mahomes has assumed a number of titles, but now it appears he'll have a less flattering one: victim of circumstance.

As the COVID-19 pandemic continues with no obvious end in sight, the NFL could be dealing with financial issues in the coming year. On the My Sports Update Football Podcast, NFL insider Adam Schefter said one possibility could spell trouble for top players like Mahomes.

Schefter said that teams are concerned that if the pandemic continues long enough, games will need to be played without a crowd. That means substantially less revenue for teams, and the current collective bargaining agreement outlines how salary caps are set based on revenue. Schefter says that means the salary cap could take a $30 million to $80 million dip in 2021, which could affect contract negotiations in a significant way for the league's top players.

Finally got my pro table saw moved to my shop. Now I have to give it a good cleaning. Gave $1200. for that. No way I was giving up on it. Weighs about 750 lbs. Took two years to find someone to move it.

Latest posts

Back