What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Working today and getting down to the fun parts.

Attachments

• 15949299991394423528358210499662.jpg
    15949299991394423528358210499662.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 15949300809359125088965960282006.jpg
    15949300809359125088965960282006.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 22
Took my friend to the dentist this morning. I browsed around Lowes for about 30min while he was in the dental appointment. Found some plumbing stuff that will come in handy. Tried to get info about the sliding glass doors but the employees completely ignored me. I waved at them I tried to ask them a question & they turned & walked away every time I tried to speak with them. It's not my usual Lowes store anyway so I'm going to shop at a different one. The glass pane has separated from the metal frame somewhat and is loose inside it on our current sliding glass door. It isn't energy efficient & is difficult to open and close so it's due for replacement.

Ran in to a guy who was buying the accordion style PVC trap fittings & recommended he not use those. He then announced that he's a contractor and he uses those in ALL of his jobs. I had to bite my tongue to avoid telling him I would never hire a contractor who would use those. I mentioned how the plumbing code says the pipes need to be self-scouring & those accordion pieces of crap are not self-scouring. Not only that, they are flimsy AF. My best friend had one under his sink & it got chewed through by mice. They trap all sorts of crud in them too.

When I was checking out I lamented that I didn't have my military ID so the clerk looked at my driver's license & pulled up my MyLowes account & applied the discount. I got some cool bracket thingies that are patent pending that are supposed to hold pipes still. It has multiple holes for pipes and has ends that can be attached to studs or joists. I'm going to use them to stabilize the copper for the tub spouts. I'm being lazy & using sharkbite fittings that slide on to copper but I'm going to secure them so they don't move around. The tub valves I got have male threaded outlets & inlets. We got one that had the copper for the tub spout pre-attached for my friend's tub, but we want more distance between the spout & valve & they had attached it to the top instead of to the bottom of the valve. Doesn't really make much difference in terms of flow, but it affected the way the handles move.

I forgot to give my friend the insulation tape I grabbed for him so I might drop it off later when I go to get mail. Post office was closed when we got back in to town.

It cuts so perfect I can cut picture frame corners with it. Next is to build a new table saw sled. I have the runners. It was a bit pricey, $1200.
Wow, that is a dream saw you have there Rusty. I love my 1989 Makita portable saw, but I can't imagine the cuts that is capable of.

Wow, that is a dream saw you have there Rusty. I love my 1989 Makita portable saw, but I can't imagine the cuts that is capable of.
I bought it when I thought I was going to retire and make stuff to sell. Then the economy tanked. Trump fixed it and now the virus has wood prices inflated.

Made 2 drawers with pocket hole jig. Then realized I put every screw in wrong side of wood. $40 more lumber... it’s 90+ here. Waiting for sunset to mow lawn. Putting off spraying pieces until more stuff built. My hobby desk must weigh 150 lbs. will need to use furniture dollys to push it outside. Don’t want to work in heat but might have to.

Latest posts

Back