What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was making them all the time, it took under 2 hours.
Id be 3 weeks. :ghostly:
In the interest of the future for the basement floor, is epoxy paint considered a vapor barrier?
I would assume so, but you'd need to ask the company that makes what you are using. There are special epoxys designed just for that, but designed for top coats of fillers and self levelers. I think they bond with the moisture in the slab to do their magic.

Using my rewards card, I filled both cars at $.98 a gallon. I drive the 2007 Nissan Versa most of the time and it gets 30+ mpg. Holds 13 gallons and I fill it about twice a month. It was my late MILs car. Has over 200,000 miles and still runs great. Uses no oil between changes

Made the frame for a shaker style panel door. The joints are loose and I messed up enough pieces that I need to go to the lumber yard and buy 3 or 4 more 1x3's for the frames. The pieces are the right size so I can use them to set up the table saw. Also used the Kreg hidden hinge jig and drilled for the 'can' on the hinge. Worked pretty well except the pilot hole guides on it didn't match with the one heavy hinge I bought (Of course). But I checked and the 3 sets of other hinges for the cabinet doors will line up. Hair is covered in sawdust. Need shower before bed.

Almost ready for painting. Going to try something a little crazy. The cabinets and work bench will be gray. So I'm staining the workbench top black and putting 3 coats of semi oil based poly on it.

Later gang!

Didn't that use to cost about $5 a stick?

I paid $11 at Lowe’s this weekend for a 1x8x 8 feet. But it wasn’t clear and I’m not sure it’s pine. But it will work for the drawer fronts. This stuff used to cost 1.30/ foot. Now $2/foot. But no knots. It’s for a door panel so has to be flat and straight. I needed it. I bought it.

Really sucks for people wanting to renovate. My friend in a wheelchair wanted a new deck with a ramp. He was all set and lumber yard said we can’t get the wood.

When 8' 1x12 went from $14 to $27, I quit buying lumber. I did have to buy some 2x4s for $4. each and they were crap. And one 10' treated 2x4 was almost $10.
I have had a chair cut out in my shop for weeks. Just don't have much interest in finishing it.

Latest posts

Back