What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Except for a little sanding, the cabinets are practically done. Will make plywood backs today and then look at painting on the back lawn if weather cooperates. Breaking out the Grayco sprayer from years ago.

I got a trash can full of scrap wood I need to sort through!

Attachments

• A4C092CB-934B-45F3-BB46-DC5119972AE2.jpeg
    A4C092CB-934B-45F3-BB46-DC5119972AE2.jpeg
    104.6 KB · Views: 23
Had to call exterminator today for Cicada Killer Wasps. Been getting them for years. Last year I self treated with Delta Dust. Also improved the lawn so they had fewer bare spots to dig. Found them digging nests under the bottom step of my deck and along the sides of the posts. Put insecticide in the holes then covered with landscaping fabric, followed by putting bricks around the posts and under the step.

Today I got like 30 of the damn things flying around my back door! They're a real annoyance when I need to mow. Run into my chest and hit me in the head. Don't sting but it's sort of unnerving. So one more bill going out $300! Ouch! That's where the sting is!

The males are 1.5 inches long but have no stinger. The females get over 2 inches long and have big painful stingers. They can carry a cicada and fly a hundred yards with it. I have seen a couple of the females climb out covered in the insecticide. I also saw one land carrying a cicada and drag it into the hole. Creepy!

After it rained all night, they are out and about at 7 a.m. If I can find these death funnels, I can set up some traps with bottles of orange soda and a little soap. You poke a hole in the side of the bottle and push the funnel into it. They climb through the funnel and drop into the liquid and die. Before doing the reno, I put the box somewhere and now I can't find it.

Primed and painted bench, cabinets and doors. Rushed the doors and puddles paint in corners. Scraped it off and sanded it smooth. Will repaint with a brush tomorrow. Spray guns work great if you don’t apply too heavy. And I did!

Attachments

• 458ED432-DC70-4AC2-9140-D9D37540927A.jpeg
    458ED432-DC70-4AC2-9140-D9D37540927A.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 132D9B57-DE81-40E2-A656-C96A57D24064.jpeg
    132D9B57-DE81-40E2-A656-C96A57D24064.jpeg
    111.9 KB · Views: 20
Primed and painted bench, cabinets and doors. Rushed the doors and puddles paint in corners. Scraped it off and sanded it smooth. Will repaint with a brush tomorrow. Spray guns work great if you don’t apply too heavy. And I did!
Never was any good with a spray gun, even when I worked painting combines.

Just a thought... Maybe use a small brush, even a tiny foam brush to lightly paint those inside corners, then immediately start spraying. That way less time trying to hit the corners.
I don't paint much either Rusty.... 'cept rattle can.

Results looked better when I dropped setting from 4 to 3. Going to brush everything else indoors. Don’t have enough to justify spraying and the cleanup involved.

Latest posts

Back