What did you do today?

Help Support Flooring Forum:

Tom Picciani

Had to call exterminator today for Cicada Killer Wasps. Been getting them for years. Last year I self treated with Delta Dust. Also improved the lawn so they had fewer bare spots to dig. Found them digging nests under the bottom step of my deck and along the sides of the posts. Put insecticide in the holes then covered with landscaping fabric, followed by putting bricks around the posts and under the step.

Today I got like 30 of the damn things flying around my back door! They're a real annoyance when I need to mow. Run into my chest and hit me in the head. Don't sting but it's sort of unnerving. So one more bill going out $300! Ouch! That's where the sting is!

Tom Picciani

The males are 1.5 inches long but have no stinger. The females get over 2 inches long and have big painful stingers. They can carry a cicada and fly a hundred yards with it. I have seen a couple of the females climb out covered in the insecticide. I also saw one land carrying a cicada and drag it into the hole. Creepy!

Tom Picciani

After it rained all night, they are out and about at 7 a.m. If I can find these death funnels, I can set up some traps with bottles of orange soda and a little soap. You poke a hole in the side of the bottle and push the funnel into it. They climb through the funnel and drop into the liquid and die. Before doing the reno, I put the box somewhere and now I can't find it.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
Got my rider running so quiet my wife came out to check on me. She could not hear it in the house.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
Primed and painted bench, cabinets and doors. Rushed the doors and puddles paint in corners. Scraped it off and sanded it smooth. Will repaint with a brush tomorrow. Spray guns work great if you don’t apply too heavy. And I did!
Never was any good with a spray gun, even when I worked painting combines.

highup

Professional
Pro
Primed and painted bench, cabinets and doors. Rushed the doors and puddles paint in corners. Scraped it off and sanded it smooth. Will repaint with a brush tomorrow. Spray guns work great if you don’t apply too heavy. And I did!
Just a thought... Maybe use a small brush, even a tiny foam brush to lightly paint those inside corners, then immediately start spraying. That way less time trying to hit the corners.
I don't paint much either Rusty.... 'cept rattle can.

Tom Picciani

Results looked better when I dropped setting from 4 to 3. Going to brush everything else indoors. Don’t have enough to justify spraying and the cleanup involved.

highup

Professional
Pro
Tom, maybe a 1" or 3/4" brush and lightly do the entire perimeter inside joints, then spray.
If that don't work, it's not my fault. 😁

Latest posts