What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to toss him this one about Boxcar Willie also.
Just like an hour and 45 minutes long I'm beginning to end. It's about his career from beginning to the end of his life. The ending parts are really sad, especially if you watch a fair amount of this documentary to learn how down to earth this man really was.
If nothing, listen to a song or two then skip ahead to the 56 minute mark where some of his stage humor begins. Loved to have seen one of his shows.

He was one cool, down to earth, rags to riches kind of guys but he always remembers the rags and never let the fame go to his head.
I wish the video quality was better but you get what you get.

I have to cut back on videos because there were some automatic updates and we've used too much bandwidth already.

Golf carts reminded me that I saw this baby for sale on marketplace for $19k
1632307343102.png
I know it has no AC but it looks like it would be fun. I was telling my friend if I were rich I'd get one of those and drive around parking lots giving elderly people lifts. If there were people who weren't in wheelchairs who were disabled I'd have them hop on. Or if someone just looked exhausted they could get a ride. Would have been cool to have out on the farm to drive the perimeter of the fenceline with visiting friends. Not sure how well it steers or handles bumps though.

First time I actually approve of corner pieces. The corner pieces and the base are the same size and profile so they actually look like it was meant to be that way instead of hack work. Maybe it looks like hack work that was meant to be that way???

AD0FCEA8-1B0E-4817-9009-5D9676FF5D00.jpeg

Last edited:
Josh Blue is hilarious! I agree that he should have won. CJ, I actually like the rounded corner piece like that. It does look better than some of the things I've seen for corners.

My favorite cat is missing. Didn't come in last night and I searched the house, checked the workshop (even though I hadn't been down there since I last saw him). I couldn't get to sleep last night so I went out and looked for him. Called him and then found the cistern was overflowing again because the float rod was jammed. I had to use more force to push it up and it made the switch spark. I need a new setup asap. Working on figuring that out now.

I went out several times throughout the day looking for my cat. I'm hoping he's just having fun and that he'll turn up OK. Mom complained about the dogs barking last night but because she doesn't listen she kept missing that I told her repeatedly that the dogs went out with me when I was looking for the cat. He'll normally hang out on top of the shed or down at the barn. I hope he didn't run in to any venomous snakes.

My brother *finally* emptied one of the trash cans in the kitchen (we have 3 and he only ever empties 1-- I have to empty the others even though it's his "job" to take out trash). I then filled the thing up completely picking up stuff that had overflowed and things I hadn't been able to throw away from the living room since all the trash cans were full. I cooked for mom and my shoulder decided to crap out on me when I was stirring. My back crapped out on me when I was cleaning up. I had to take a break and then resume until the trash can was almost overflowing. I think my brother was annoyed, but technically, he's supposed to pick up spilled trash. Most of the stuff I had to clean up was his junk. Used parchment papers, wrappers for his food, etc.

I'm currently trying to pick the best option for a 3-way junction for the cables/wires for my pumps in the well-shed. It's a convoluted setup where the float switch is acting as a junction to split of to the jet pump. I found some contenders but I will need to figure out how to mount them so they won't dangle.

Since I have to get up early tomorrow, I'm almost certain Mom will wake me up in the middle of the night (if I can even get to sleep). She's supposed to go with me to the maintenance appointment for the truck tomorrow. She wants me to wake her up which means I fully expect her to give me grief about it and then refuse to go because she doesn't feel like it and I will waste time.

First time I actually approve of corner pieces. The corner pieces and the base are the same size and profile so they actually look like it was meant to be that way instead of hack work. Maybe it looks like hack work that was meant to be that way???

View attachment 12998
Did you put that together order to come off in one piece? Is that stuck together with cyanoacrylate glue ? To watch a lot of videos and woodworkers are using that stuff now like nobody's business.

Did you put that together order to come off in one piece? Is that stuck together with cyanoacrylate glue ? To watch a lot of videos and woodworkers are using that stuff now like nobody's business.

Goes up as one piece but I’m pretty sure it will break apart if you pry it off the wall next time the floor gets replaced. CA glue and activator is where it’s at now. Looks so much better than nailing up each piece individually. The corners are solid wood and the base is MDF so they aren’t the same thickness. If I preassemble my corners prior to nailing, everything comes out flush and looking good. I already hate corner pieces because they make it look like a kid installed your base but that’s the way it is here. They also install the base before floor covering here. WTF.

Last edited:
Goes up as one piece but I’m pretty sure it will break apart if you pry it off the wall next time the floor gets replaced. CA glue and activator is where it’s at now. Looks so much better than nailing up each piece individually. The corners are solid wood and the base is MDF so they aren’t the same thickness. If I preassemble my corners prior to nailing, everything comes out flush and looking good. I already hate corner pieces because they make it look like a kid installed your base but that’s the way it is here. They also install the base before floor covering here. WTF.
It's not like it would take more than a dab or two of acrylic caulk to hold it in place.

After 3 hours of insurance company screw ups, I got a flu shot. The girl giving me the shot asked if needles bother me. Uh,no. Over the last two months I have had my blood drawn 6 times and 3 IVs.

I shoot a couple nails in it, one or two per stud depending. Somebody else gets to caulk the top. After that it’s not going anywhere until next time.
Why do that when it wouldn't take very long to use a forstner bit to make a recess to install some magnets to attach it to the metal corner. You lazy or what? Can you imagine how difficult that's going to be to remove in 20 years? Sheesh, people just don't care anymore. 😁

You can see how the base is set before the floors are done. Crazy. Bout 2/3 done with this job. Today I finished up trimming out what I installed this week. Got the master BR/ bath and WIC left to go.

View attachment 13003View attachment 13004View attachment 13005View attachment 13006View attachment 13008View attachment 13007
I love the case that you made for the super glue and putty.
For 20 years I've been thinking of doing the same thing for tacks, nails and screws. I've got a few ideas I just haven't gotten around to them. 🥴
That's some nice looking work.

Latest posts

Back