What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been staying home more so saving a little on gas but with the heat I get less bang for my buck. I barely squeezed the handle and it said it was 40cents before anything even came out.

Still very fatigued and having trouble staying awake in the day. The heat just kills me. Puppies figured out how to break through barricades we put up to keep them out. Peanutbutter (the female) left the cat food alone and curled up in one of my laundry baskets most of the day. Jelly dug a hole to climb under the truck and kept whining. Either bugs were stinging him or biting him. Wasps are out, bees are out, fire ants are back.

I'll be having the fun of staining a door next week. My friend has been wanting a barn door between his living room & kitchen. The one he wants was minimum $240 and some of those did not have the hardware. The hardware alone was over $60. I found one on ebay for $140-- all hardware included. I mentioned it to my Mom and she told me to order it for him. It has to be assembled, but it comes with all the screws. Will need to order a handle (as that was clearly not included) and possibly a guide that mounts to the wall/trim. I told him drilling through floating laminate flooring to secure it would NOT be a good idea. But it's about $11 for the floor guide and the angled wood on the Z-frame should work until he picks a handle. I'm waiting for his GF to get stuck and not know which way the door opens (yeah, he took that abusive pos back again bc she's knocked up with some other dude's baby and came whining to him- plus there's the fact he might have cancer & his kidneys are failing so he doesn't have the energy to argue w/ her). She just came back in and acted like she owned the place and refused to leave when he told her to. She's doing everything she can to cockblock him from getting with other women but she doesn't want to actually be with him and doesn't love him. But the father of her baby can't financially support her & actually wants her to show concern for his well-being (she's so selfish she doesn't do that). Meanwhile, her 1st baby is 20 months now and can't even say mama or dada. However, I noticed that he can differentiate how to act toward different people. He wants to play rough with my brother & my friend-- charges at them and wants to be picked up and spun upside down and flopped on the couch or thrown onto couch cushions so he bounces and laughs. But he always climbs to me gently. He also lets me wipe his face off- won't let my friend (who can't feel pressure with either hand) or his mother (who is rough as hell) try. His mom tried to feed him when we were over the other day and he pulled away. I made airplane engine sounds and he let me feed him. She tries to cram the spoon in and I always hold it carefully so it won't hurt him. He actually leaned in to let me dab yogurt off his face.

So, I fed him, wiped his face, and then I cleaned a kitten's nose and pulled burrs out of the kitten's fur.

I got up at a decent hour yesterday, let pups out, did some mild cleaning, napped, got up & cooked for mom, napped, got up and ate, napped... I can't stay awake for more than a few hours. Definitely need to talk to my pharmacist about changing my thyroid meds back to the purple pills.

I hope the fridge works out CJ.

My upright Frigidaire freezer that we got 20 years ago was having issues. it's frost free but built up a huge ice chunk and stuff in it melted. It wasn't circulating air. Then I realized my brother stuck some boxed stuff in front of vent slits that circulate air inside. I moved stuff and its working better. Just need to make sure not to ever block those again.

Since I napped so much in the day and its now cooler, I'm thinking of getting up and cleaning the fridge. Something spilled in the butter compartment and my brother spilled teriyaki sauce on the shelves.

Wife is the same as she picked up covid from somewhere even though she has had her 3 jabs
Everybody keeps saying if you pick up covid again its like a bad cold Ask the wife if thats true after about or 4 weeks of coughing, no energy etc etc as you are probably feeling the same Rusty
I did have to have a test before one of the latest trips to the hospital of which I tested positive at home even though I had no signs of covid making it a bit harder by passing the entry to the hospital, ambulance entrance instead of main entrance of which I felt lucky with the condition I am in as I dont need more hassles
All good at the moment
Hope you come right soon Rusty

One shot and covid nunce.
I have stopped at a minimum of 3 stores every day since Covid arrived. Other than wearing a mask where and when required or mandated, I'd just douse my hands in isopropyl alcohol once out of the store and back into my truck.
I wore a mask on one, two week long carpet job, and less than a handful of people whose homes I've been in, in the past two years have cared one way or the other.
I have a beard anyway, so a mask is just a show of compliance on my part.
I'd knock on something right now...
....but that's when it will probably get me.
I hope you all gett feeling better soon.

I will probably get a ticket for the brush. Too sick to clean it up.
Higher a landscaper this time until you’re back on your feet... I’ll pitch in if it’s needed. Darn F ing Rona ..... Are you taking vitamin ‘D’ , Zink , and ‘C’ ? They are suppose to help the immune system. Or ask doc for monoclonal treatment, or is it to late for that now ? This crape sucks.... How’s your wife and son doing ? I also took two cups of bone broth a day when I had it. Best of luck Rusty !

I had 3 shots & got Covid once (but tested negative bc they didn't swab properly-- but the NP treated it like Covid anyway (but said it was bronchitis). All symptoms matched Covid & I think she knew what it was but didn't want to admit it for some reason. I was sick for 3 weeks. My brother and mother are still Covid free, thankfully.
Symptoms will vary depending on the variant and individual immune systems. What I got was much milder than whatever I had in November of 2019. I was so sick I couldn't keep medicine down and I was hallucinating.
My thyroid meds are still not working well and the heat is compounding the issue. I'm exhausted and allergies are giving me sinus headaches. I picked up mail, helped Mom with her tax forms (she was having problems with the software), bought printer ink bc it refused to print bc it was "low". We barely used the printer and it doesn't want to print half the time. Either it is programmed to misreport to force ink purchases or the ink dries up inside the cartridges.
Still pisses me off.

As an aside, I want to use a horizontal pole to help stabilize the 10' pole near the top (while it is tethered to a J-pole down lower) and I am trying to determine which crossover bracket to get.
This one https://www.amazon.com/Proxicast-X-Boom-Antenna-Cross-Over-Bracket/dp/B079WTQ4CM/
or this one https://www.amazon.com/Antenna-Mast-Cross-Over-Bracket-Pipes/dp/B09KZKQ9NR/

First one is more expensive and is galvanized steel. It's only about 2.6mm thick but is wider. The second one is 3mm thick but the images make it look like the u-bolts are smaller. But I can't tell. Second one has no reviews. So, I'm trying to decide.

Which one would you guys get?

Latest posts

Back