What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I see you're videos, they show up on my phone as a 1/2 inch wide strip from top to bottom and the rest of the screen is black, so the part I see is about 20% or less of what I should be seeing.
Do you shrink the video size before loading them?

I take the video on my phone then upload it. I’m prolly not smart enough to modify it. Don’t worry, you aren’t missing much. Just me playing with my spinners after work.

I take the video on my phone then upload it. I’m prolly not smart enough to modify it. Don’t worry, you aren’t missing much. Just me playing with my spinners after work.
Yes I know, but next time you going to light them on fire before you spin them and I'm going to miss that one too. This is not just cool stuff you're doing, it's educational... ...it's science! 👨‍🔬

Yikes! Pulling a muscle in your back is no bueno. Not fun at all. 0/5 stars. Would not recommend.
For science!!! LOL.
I did a little more cleaning but not much. Need deep clean the carpet under the sideboard, but need to clear some junk first.

I'm going to see if the new Broadchurch episode aired yet so my brother and I can watch it together. It's a crime drama miniseries on PBS and is very good thus far.

Wonder if I could make any money working on lawn mowers? I have test stuff and have fixed some. I used to rebuild recliners for extra money, but don't have enough room here. I am bored and could use some extra money.

Wonder if I could make any money working on lawn mowers? I have test stuff and have fixed some. I used to rebuild recliners for extra money, but don't have enough room here. I am bored and could use some extra money.
That is kind of where I'm at also Rusty. I mowed 3 lawns yesterday and realized I can't hardly do this anymore and that is something I enjoy. Told the wife next year it is a lawn service if I can make it the rest of this year.

That is kind of where I'm at also Rusty. I mowed 3 lawns yesterday and realized I can't hardly do this anymore and that is something I enjoy. Told the wife next year it is a lawn service if I can make it the rest of this year.
I mowed our yard and our daughter's for a couple years. Now it is just ours and I use a rider. Last time I backed the mower off our tilt trailer, it did not tilt. I ended up under the mower. It doesn't all get weedeated anymore. With the increased price of everything, I could use some extra money.

I feel for you guys. I miss mowing my yard. I saved up and got a nice John Deere riding mower, it even has a cup holder but that’s only good for holding an empty. Lol. I used to chase the rooster around the yard. Or was he chasing me? I would mow the neighbors hill and she would bake me cookies. That’s one way to get me to mow your hill every week. My other neighbor is 80 something so I would mow his yard just to be a good neighbor. Wild onions grow in NC so it always smelled like fresh cut green onions when I mowed. I miss that smell.

You’re right, this IS science. I have to keep doing it for the kids.

I can get a laser tach for $25 and there’s plenty of flammable things at the shop.

https://www.amazon.com/Handheld-Dig...hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584345030915377&psc=1
I bought this one, but mine's bluish. It felt slippery in the hand, so I added an accent color of black Plastidip. Neato little tool.
The engine in my S10 was swapped out and it originally had a 4 clyinder. It cuuently has a V6.
I painted a white spot on the balancer to check the engine RPM against the factory yacht.
It was off by 33%, meaning my actual RPM is much lower than what it shows.
6 cylinders / 4 cylinders= .6666666
I used it to verify my drill press RPM with the current pulley selection. It was very close to what the diagram said it would be.
Like I said, neato tool. Not as fun as an infrared non contact thermometer which is at the top of the list of not absolutely necessary tools.......
.....once you buy one you can't live without one.

Wouldn’t your RPM’s be the same? You would have more cylinders rotating per revolution but a single spin of the crankshaft is one RPM whether it’s a 2 cylinder Harley or a V12.
It doesn't change my RPMs but that tachometer in the vehicle functions on the firing of the cylinders, it doesn't have a crankshaft sensor.
I can't afford the fancy rigs that have crankshaft sensors. 😁

I replaced all the burned out lightbulbs with new ones so its easier to see in living room and kitchen again. But I apparently didn't secure the ceiling fan globe properly and after 10min it fell and shattered all over. Spent a long time looking for splinters of glass to make sure I didn't miss any.

Took my friend for his dental appointment, then to samsclub, then to eat, then stopped at the bank. The idiots at the bank didn't change my brother's account number after it got hacked the first time. They then allowed someone to transfer all of his savings to checking and then use a deactivated debit card to empty his checking. So they got everything. They also linked Zelle to his account and overdrafted several hundred $. He has overdraft turned out so they aren't supposed to be allowed to do it. Bank majorly failed him. The lady there said it was a major screwup and she didn't know why no one caught it and why they didn't follow protocol. She closed his account, opened a new one, put him in for a new debit card, helped him secure his mobile app, and had him fill out paperwork to do a fraud dispute over the overdrafting, overdraft fees, & emptying of his account. He only found out because he checked his balance when he deposited his paycheck and found out the account was in the red.

Thunderstorm going on, I didn't sleep last night, my whole body aches and I'm about to take a nap.

Good thing I don’t work on my own vehicle cus I would disconnect 2 plug wires. Then the tach would be correct?
You're old van? I think the tach is set for whatever engine the van came with, so unplugging wires might not have any effect because the tach gets info from the distributor.
I don't trust anyone working on my rig unless they are mounting tires or installing glass.

Well, that thunderstorm last night was super nasty. Made the water pumps shut off so I had to go out at 3am with a flashlight to figure out why water wasn't working & then I had to lift the float lever to trigger it to come back on and wake the jet pump by pulling up on the power to the pressure switch on it.
But the main issue is that the storms killed our landline phone AGAIN. This time it made the phoneline explode. The whole cord blew apart, killed the phone base, and singed the curtains.
This is part of what remains of the line:
1659463405701.png
You would think in this day and age the phone company would have something in place so this wouldn't happen. The phone itself was plugged in to a surge protector but we need to do something about the line. It was destroyed from jack all the way to phone. I think the jack might still be ok. The RJ11 plug is still in it.

We may just have to unplug our phone every time there's a thunderstorm (like right now). But for now it is toast and we need a new one. Ugh. This is the 2nd phone within a year we've lost to thunderstorms.

The thunder crack actually woke me up and my brother said he heard electrical popping.

Time to buy a new phone and figure out how to keep this from happening again.

Power went out after I posted. Mom didn't know the power was out and shouted at me asking when I was going to cook. She had to take her headphones off when I told her repeatedly the power was out. Then she asked me why I hadn't told her. It explained I was telling her then because I'd just gotten off the phone (cell-- had to go stand outside to get signal) to report the outage. She kept asking me the same questions over and over and was angry at me over the power going out. I took a nap lying on my right side and didn't notice the power come back on. She can't page me because the landline phone is toast so she had to stand in the hallway and holler at me. But I'm half deaf in my left ear so I could't hear her. She had to get a lot closer and shout much louder and was super angry about it. I cooked and then went back to nap again.

Still tired but trying to wake myself up a little. Weather looks a little nicer today.

Here's the pic I took of the busted line hanging from the phone and the scorch marks on the curtains\.
phonelinefriedAug2-2022_2.png

That's scary stuff. I've kind of enjoyed it when we've had lightning because we don't have it all that often and the storms don't last very long. It's also not as intense as it is in places where lightning is more common. Since there are lightning maps online, it can be easy to tell how much more is heading your way at least here on the coast anyway because usually the storms move from the coast onto land and when you don't see any more lightning out over the water you know the end is near. 🫣

Latest posts

Back