What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw a gas station saying the price was a certain price but then it flashed that it was 10cents higher and then back and forth. They charge you 10cents a gallon more if you use a card. Most people use cards now. I don't carry cash on me because machines stopped giving cashback.

Gonna have to go to the grocery store today. Out of butter, hamburger meat, etc. They were out of hamburger meat last time I went.
We are lucky. Still getting 95-5 hamburger from a local farmer for $4.50 a lb. Wrapped in 1 lb packages.

One of the trailers we built recently was a horse trailer that we turned into a bar trailer. It has its first gig coming up soon. The kegerator is the last thing we need to test. Pretty sure there ain’t no beer mugs at the shop so I went to Target today to buy some beer mugs. Not sure when the keg will arrive but rest assured I’ll be ready when it does.
3E6CBB3F-AB42-4A44-947E-55E3A84D1CB3.jpeg
6FE4C1E7-4A9B-490B-9CC1-6C01D7D9F8F5.jpeg

Last edited:
One of the trailers we built recently was a horse trailer that we turned into a bar trailer. It has its first gig coming up soon. The kegerator is the last thing we need to test. Pretty sure there ain’t no beer mugs at the shop so I went to Target today to buy some beer mugs. Not sure when the keg will arrive but rest assured I’ll be ready when it does. View attachment 15130View attachment 15131
Man O man, did you get lucky finding work at that place. Looks like fun. That's some cool stuff.

That converted horse trailer looks great now! I like those old cabinets that got new countertops.

Yesterday I picked up mail (got my new rj11 cables & a surge protector for them). Got home and cut weeds along the sidewalk to make it easier to get packages to the door. UPS lady arrived with the new tv. I watched her bring it out and trying to set it down gently & then it slipped & she dropped it. Landed on its corner. She was mortified. It wasn't too far of a drop & I know it was an accident. I helped her get it in the door (it has handholds if you push the cardboard in but its far enough apart it takes two people). I figured if it was broken I could just have amazon replace it. I know she was trying so hard to handle it carefully & didn't want to make her feel bad. I've seen people just throw things down before so I wasn't going to grief her over an accident.

Got up at 2am this morning and started cleaning and moving stuff to clear a path to bring the tv in. Slept some, got up around 9:30am. Met my friend a little after 10 to put gas in his car. Picked up Mom's RX and a salad for my breakfast. Stopped by post office again bc the new phone came in. Got home, set up the new phone. There was a moment where Mom was lying in the bed and I needed to put my knee on the bed to reach over her to plug in the rj11 cable to the phone jack. I had to ask her to move her boob (she was lying on her side and it fell next to her-- she used to be a double D). LOL. Got the new phone setup. Then youtubed how to link the handsets. It was saying there were extra handsets already installed so I had to use trial and error to get the right code to remove the ghost ones. Got it on the 2nd try. Got the existing handsets registered and named them all (like my name, bro's name, Mom, & TV).

Got home & asked my brother to help me move the TV into the living room. He begrudgingly helped & immediately left. I got the old TV removed-- granted my brother had to come back to yank out some cables that were stuck while I held the tv still. It kept moving whenever I pulled on them. I had to use pliers to loosen the coaxial cable. Got that one set aside, put the new one up (even put in a new power strip since the power cord was on the opposite side and I needed an extension to make it reach. Anyway, it is all set up now and Mom is happily watching Youtube on it. My fingers/hands are sore but I did something productive so I'm happy. Oh, my brother did bring me some fried chicken last night so that was good.

I think my friend wants the old tv for his daughter's room.

Trimming out an LVP floor in a trailer today. I made then stained some 1/4 round. It’s maybe 5/16” by 5/16”. Gotta keep it small so it doesn’t look outta place. My hand chompers were just the ticket for cutting the 1/4 round. Saved me a bunch of back n forth.
126AA4ED-300B-45C0-BF4E-CB0831D4C442.jpeg
CA28FBD1-B343-42B2-A76A-C8F4885CBEA1.jpeg
A53029C1-7453-4F7B-B53D-7E3DD5473208.jpeg
51BA2665-498A-46F5-AAE3-942F2EA0BEDD.jpeg
770B4452-29B1-4A0C-BD5E-857D12CFE30B.jpeg

Now this last picture is from an unknown artist. The old man walked into the shop this morning with a crumpled up piece of paper he picked up in the parking lot on his way in. I had to save it which turned into a project. I feel like I’m restoring the Shroud of Turin.

I glued the paper to a piece of 3/8 ply then cut it to size and gave it a couple coats of clear. I’ll make up some kind of trim to wrap it with tomorrow so stay tuned.

85DAF04D-1AAD-4194-B2B6-B44267ACA255.jpeg

Was going to measure a large job 75 miles south of me, but decided since the contactor will be doing the wood flooring, they might as well short themselves instead of blaming me. 😁
.....so, decided to do a filter change in the S10's tranny. I did it once when I bought it at 220,000 and now it's at 278,000.
I decided if I was going to screw up the transmission, might as well use high mileage 100% synthetic.
I didn't drain the torque converter, just added 5qts to replace what was in the pan.
Except for metallic dust on the magnet, the pan looked damn clean.
The pattern of the filter where it rests on the pan is kinda like the shroud of Turin...... but not like the shroud of Turin too.
If it actually looked like the shroud, I'd have to buy a new oil pan, repent, go on TV and people would ask me all sorts of crazy questions like, did you buy your S10 from Jesus? ...stuff like that. 😁
Anyway, amazed the pan was so clean after 50,000ish miles. The pattern left by the filter cleaned up with some brakleen so it's all shiny and clean now.
It shifts a lot smoother first to second and second to third. I'll be able to tell better in the morning how much differentl the tranny shifts when cold.
It feels good giving the ol truck some care. I did the oil change with synthetic a week ago, so it's ready for winter.

Attachments

• PXL_20220812_014422346.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220812_014422346.MP.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
You know what's really freaky...
...REALLY, REALLY freaky.
I looked at the picture you posted but I didn't read what you wrote about it.
5 minutes before logging on here tonight, I showed my brother the pattern on the transmission and I told him it looked like the shroud of Turin........
.....then made my own Turin joke before reading yours. 😱
.....what be the odds of dat? :oops:

Trimming out an LVP floor in a trailer today. I made then stained some 1/4 round. It’s maybe 5/16” by 5/16”. Gotta keep it small so it doesn’t look outta place. My hand chompers were just the ticket for cutting the 1/4 round. Saved me a bunch of back n forth.
View attachment 15161View attachment 15160View attachment 15159View attachment 15158View attachment 15157
Now this last picture is from an unknown artist. The old man walked into the shop this morning with a crumpled up piece of paper he picked up in the parking lot on his way in. I had to save it which turned into a project. I feel like I’m restoring the Shroud of Turin.

I glued the paper to a piece of 3/8 ply then cut it to size and gave it a couple coats of clear. I’ll make up some kind of trim to wrap it with tomorrow so stay tuned.

View attachment 15162
I been thinking of getting a pair of those. They work pretty good do they?
Gotta beat the hell out of running back and forth to the saw I would imagine.

I been thinking of getting a pair of those. They work pretty good do they?
Gotta beat the hell out of running back and forth to the saw I would imagine.

They do work. If you’re cutting 3/4”x3/4” 1/4 round the blade deflects a little so your miters aren’t gonna be perfect. You can caulk em or you just take another snip to clean up the corners. No deflection with small stuff like I was installing. Definitely a time saver when the situation allows but definitely not the same quality as using a saw.

Last edited:
You know what's really freaky...
...REALLY, REALLY freaky.
I looked at the picture you posted but I didn't read what you wrote about it.
5 minutes before logging on here tonight, I showed my brother the pattern on the transmission and I told him it looked like the shroud of Turin........
.....then made my own Turin joke before reading yours. 😱
.....what be the odds of dat? :oops:

He’s watching you.

I do have some orange LED’s I could put in his eyes. Hmmmm.

Good times today. Busted a move on a couple different countertops today. The black Formica is in a race car toy hauler. The existing Formica split so it got torn out, new deck installed then all the existing finishes were reinstalled.
C5178DDC-ED55-4F36-8C78-2B7F7BE92D7F.jpeg

F8B100A6-28D8-4E40-9012-D3831CD4F9F3.jpeg

The next one is called Aqua Reef. Your moms kitchen may have looked like this. How about the metal trim. Kinda finishes off the vintage look. This trailer will be getting some shag installed in it to really seal the deal.

702AA537-EBD9-4F9A-B39B-5CEBDA23500A.jpeg
70E0BF7A-7A4A-44D1-A158-9DBDDC1429F1.jpeg
41B7711D-065A-4850-9534-637C09769907.jpeg
B960A0DD-A1E0-4CF6-8920-27719DE58EFA.jpeg

Last, but definitely not least, is Hipster Brian got a set of eyes.

2FDCD2D2-83C7-40D7-9E4A-0FF3C0F4753A.jpeg

That’s it until Monday.

Highup, that is weird (the oil pan thing).

CJ, that looks good. I didn't think I would like the metal trim look but it looks very cool!

What adhesive did you use for the formica? And do you have a link to or closer picture of the hand chompers? I'm curious now.

I'm supposed to go out and take pictures of what I think might be a grounding rod as well as the electrical pole and stuff for the houserepair forum but I'm having a lack of motivation issue. I'm too tired to go do it and I'm under a pile of cats.

Yesterday I did cleaning, convinced my brother to haul out full trash bags, cooked, and played Medieval Dynasty. One minute it was 10 and the next it was 3am. I really should be doing something actually productive. Mom said my brother already went to work this morning, put in his hours, and came home. Not sure if she's mistaken or not but he's asleep.

Still trying to convince myself to get up and clean more. My grabber arm reacher thingy disappeared so I need to get a new one.

Latest posts

Back