What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gas was still $3.099 yesterday so I put gas in my friend's car before prices go up more. It was my birthday but my mother didn't remember until late afternoon. I grabbed McDonalds and then cooked for Mom. Took a nap because I wasn't feeling great. Sister called so I was woken up. Stomach went into knots later in the evening. Both yesterday and today I tried to no avail to get some stains out of my vinyl sheet. Feeling run down today and craving chocolate.
Any idea how to get these stains out? I've tried vinegar, I've tried baking soda, baking soda with vinegar, hot water & Barkeeper's Friend... Nothing seems to work.
1665247217791.png1665247267200.png

Last edited:
Gas was still $3.099 yesterday so I put gas in my friend's car before prices go up more. It was my birthday but my mother didn't remember until late afternoon. I grabbed McDonalds and then cooked for Mom. Took a nap because I wasn't feeling great. Sister called so I was woken up. Stomach went into knots later in the evening. Both yesterday and today I tried to no avail to get some stains out of my vinyl sheet. Feeling run down today and craving chocolate.
Any idea how to get these stains out? I've tried vinegar, I've tried baking soda, baking soda with vinegar, hot water & Barkeeper's Friend... Nothing seems to work.
View attachment 15549View attachment 15550
99% rubbing alcohol

Went off to deepen today buying a new phone. Ordered a Google pixel 7. It's supposed to have better voice recognition so maybe when I type here it will actually type what I speak instead of typing like a drunken sailor.

Workin on another flag. The big one I made earlier is hanging up in the shop. This next one will be one of two. One for me and one for a coworker but right now we only have enough scrap to make one of the two. Actually we do have more material but it’s up on a shelf and I wasn’t ready to break out a ladder and move a bunch of stuff right now so one it is.

This one is only gonna be a 2’ by 4’. My blue dye stain that I used on my last flag maybe 3 months ago has turned grey. Not sure how that happens but luckily I have blue dye so I gave the can a healthy squirt, shook it up and saved the day. I’ll spray it with some clear tomorrow.

Best part of workin on a weekend is you get to listen to whatever you want. Turn it up and start makin sawdust!

BE45D02D-7198-4F25-B1E4-244E4E76A490.jpeg
4880B938-2C51-4A0B-BD2F-FE89B4354E59.jpeg

Highup, I have 91% isopropyl alcohol. Would that do it? I've heard that alcohol can damage vinyl so I haven't tried it yet. I might see how it does on a scrap strip though. Stores here don't sell anything stronger than 91%.
Drunken sailor started an earwig for me.

CJ, that looks awesome!

I'm sitting around relaxing and about to take a nap. Just ate some veggie pasta with marinara sauce and parmesan cheese so my belly is full and I usually need a nap after eating.

Highup, I have 91% isopropyl alcohol. Would that do it? I've heard that alcohol can damage vinyl so I haven't tried it yet. I might see how it does on a scrap strip though. Stores here don't sell anything stronger than 91%.
Drunken sailor started an earwig for me.

CJ, that looks awesome!

I'm sitting around relaxing and about to take a nap. Just ate some veggie pasta with marinara sauce and parmesan cheese so my belly is full and I usually need a nap after eating.

91 is what I meant. The wimpy percentages don't do as well.
I don't see anyway alcohol would damage flooring. It will loosen up/reliquify ink from a ballpoint pen like nobody's business.
If your concerned, just use a saturated Q-tip

I just found out the new Google Pixel 7 has a VPN included in it's system. No monthly charges. Sounds good. I've never had a VPN. I'm wondering if it slows down junk mail.

While googling I read something about alcohol damaging vinyl but maybe I misremembered. I know it wrecks PU "leather". The guy who worked on my truck and repainted the hood ruined the armrests in it (I think with paint thinner/alcohol). So I was wary. But I did a test & it didn't seem to cause any damage. It got some paint off of a scrap after being left on a short while and scrubbed. But the paint has a texture and sits above the surface. This stain seems to have soaked in somewhat.

Would bleach damage the floor (if the alcohol doesn't work)?

What method would you recommend for using the alcohol? Immediate scrub or place an alcohol soaked rag/paper towel down under some plastic wrap? Or just alcohol directly on the spot and plastic over it? If I soak it, how long should I let it sit?

Thanks for the advice, btw. I know its not a major deal, but at the very least I want the red spot out bc it bugs me more than I thought it would. LOL.

Suppose there’s multiple products you could use but this is what I’ve been using lately and I really like it a lot. It’s got UV inhibitors in it to help prevent fading in the sun. I have a wooden donkey in my back yard that is in full Phoenix sun most of the day and it still looks great. Best part is it’s water based so it dries quick, doesn’t amber, and you’re not killing brain cells while applying it.

Scuff your flag a bit with some 400 sand paper, wipe it down then go to town

https://www.homedepot.com/p/BEHR-1-...r-Spar-Urethane-Wood-Sealer-B820201/311625303
It says to brush or roll it on but I’ve been spraying it on and it looks great.

C856A2A8-D996-49F3-9B92-CC4BE2CAEEBA.jpeg

Should prolly add that if it’s gonna be outside you’ll have to refinish it from time to time but that’s to be expected I guess.

Last edited:
Did you see what it just wrote there? It didn't type what I spoke as per usual. 😁
Is there no ability to edit before "send"?

My previous boss used talk to text on his text messaging------usually whilst driving around fro site to site like a chicken with his head cut off. Obviously he's not doing any sort of edit. It was frequently unintelligible and/or hilarious.

My previous boss used talk to text on his text messaging------usually whilst driving around fro site to site like a chicken with his head cut off. Obviously he's not doing any sort of edit. It was frequently unintelligible and/or hilarious.
Yes, I have to edit continually. I type on a phone, not a keyboard.
If I could type on a keyboard, I wouldn't use voice. It's a pain typing with big fingers on a small screen. The new phone brags of a much improved voice recognition software. I guess I'll find out soon.

Mine isn't so hilarious as scary. I typed something before bed one night. Next morning, Daris commented what was I drinking?
What appeared was so bad I couldn't even begin rewriting it.
So anyway, it will be interesting to see how much better this phone is than current one which is a Pixel 4a and doesn't have 5G.
It will have a couple years of upgrades, 5 years of patches and free VPN, something I've never had.

I think my sister has a Pixel phone. Not sure what kind. I remember the first time I tried voice to text on a phone. I recited part of a speech from Julius Caesar and it got "piece of earth" as pizza something... It was pretty bad. Although, not as funny as when I had voice command for a game called EverQuest. There was a bad pull of too many monsters & the voice command mistook what I said. Group was asking me "Why did you sit in the middle of the battle?" "Voice command thought I said SIT". LOL.

Still trying to figure out the best way to use the alcohol on the vinyl sheet.

Sprayed some weedkiller around in the yard but it didn't do jack squat. Wind caught some of it and it blew in my face so I had to run inside and scrub my face with soap and water. Felt kinda cruddy afterward.

Went to Panda for food. Chatted with the owner about travel and languages. Went to Samsclub after. Still out of stuff we needed. Helped an old man in a riding card by loading his cases of water into his truck for him. Stopped at McDonalds where my brother bought me a chocolate shake. I'm browsing the internet and relaxing now. About to take my meds and try to get some sleep.

Cleaned in the hallway and living room, cooked for Mom, watched "how to" videos and videos of guys pouring and smoothing concrete. It's rather satisfying to see the concrete go from bumpy to smooth.

Rubbed Volterane pain cream all over and shot an 81 yesterday. Had 2 birdies and almost made this Eagle putt. It was a 250 yd par 4 and that’s where my drive went ! 😃 missed it by 1” 🥵

Attachments

• 76AC3AE2-F09F-4929-AD7E-22E95A05D3BE.png
    76AC3AE2-F09F-4929-AD7E-22E95A05D3BE.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back