What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rubbed Volterane pain cream all over and shot an 81 yesterday. Had 2 birdies and almost made this Eagle putt. It was a 250 yd par 4 and that’s where my drive went ! 😃 missed it by 1” 🥵
I use that cream in prescription strength 3%, it makes my arthritic feet quit hurting for an hour, if I'm lucky.

Got me some more free stuff today. It was in a box heading to the dumpster like everything else.
I'm glad I didn't show up 5 minutes later cuz he was about to leave with this and some other "clutter"

Attachments

• PXL_20221013_203509037.jpg
    PXL_20221013_203509037.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20221013_203519508.jpg
    PXL_20221013_203519508.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
My Chinese LED’s arrived today so I ran down to the shop and installed them. Need to move the top and bottom strip of LED’s in another inch on the back side so you only see the overall glow and not the individual lights themselves.

The LED’s came with a remote and they will even be bop to music if you push the right buttons.

Couldn’t get ahold of my coworker so I’m testing the flag out on my own wall first.😏

2E5881FA-DCCF-4CB3-9BFF-5D73D6985D4D.jpeg
469C2B36-1489-426F-BB97-73C9ABAAF2D5.jpeg

I slept in. Had trouble getting up bc my left knee is giving me trouble. Went out to go to the store and had a flat tire. Aired it up and it was good to go. It has a very slow leak. I put air in it a few weeks ago and it was ok, but I'm going to have to get the leak patched soon. Went to Walmart for RX and saw the old pharmacist was back. He's a very sweet man. Always very friendly and helpful and seems to care about people. My brother's RX got flagged for consultation & he asked why that would be. I explained he'd been on another med that had bad side effects but he didn't realize the meds were making him feel bad. Then I got put on those meds and got sick & switched right away. He said to make sure to tell him immediately if we ever have bad reactions to something. I said for whatever reason the other stuff made us sick & that when I told my brother he looked it up, realized it was what was making him sick, and switched to the other thyroid med. My mother had a bad reaction to the other stuff as well. So we have notes in our files to not get that medicine ever again. My brother had run out but the doctor's office keeps on responding to refill requests. He's been out of it for a few days and has been a total zombie.

Grabbed some groceries, got home and cooked, fed the kitties, and am now about to take a nap. I'm trying to locate my mouse. It seems to have disappeared an I think one of the cats is sittin gon it.

My Chinese LED’s arrived today so I ran down to the shop and installed them. Need to move the top and bottom strip of LED’s in another inch on the back side so you only see the overall glow and not the individual lights themselves.

The LED’s came with a remote and they will even be bop to music if you push the right buttons.

Couldn’t get ahold of my coworker so I’m testing the flag out on my own wall first.😏

View attachment 15588View attachment 15589
This is all the remote you'll ever need

Attachments

• PXL_20221015_221041654.jpg
    PXL_20221015_221041654.jpg
    453.8 KB · Views: 0
Been trying to connect my new phone to straight talk since 4pm 🤬
I think Straight Talk hates their customers.
Old phone was disconnected at 5pm and I have had no connection on my new on here at 10:30pm 🤬
I guess on TMobil and ATT you can just swap sim cards. Verizon owns Track Phone and Straight Talk now. You can't use the old sim card.

Wild time for the local cops last night. Started with a hit and run about 4 30 pm. After a car chase he wrecked and got away on foot. Then he stole a car and the chase resumed. He wrecked again and stole another car, got away again and wrecked again and was finally caught on foot. He shot at the cops at least twice. This was in a very sparsely populated area. At the end, he had deputies from 3 counties, one city cop and the MHP chasing him. They restrained and did not shoot him. After the chase some of the officers stopped at the truck stop where my stepson works. He would not let them pay for coffee.

I also use Straight Talk. $15 a month is much easier than the old Verizon land line. Hell, the taxes on that Verizon land line were more than $15 a month!
I got rid of my landline too but before that over the years it seems like the price kept going up even though I rarely used it. I use it for my dial-up service.
I finally started looking at the bill and they'd been billing me for AT&t long distance which I didn't need because I had a cell phone. At some point I asked them if the long distance was required and was told no so I had them remove it.
At some point it got put back on there and I've been paying for it for a couple of years probably.
I just didn't have use for a landline anymore. I think the only reason I hang on to it for so long is for sentimental reasons. I had it since I was 4 years old. I recently turned 65. I don't know many people that had the same phone service for over 55 years.

We still have a land line. Same number since 1992. $20 a month through the cable company. We both have cell phones too and my stepson is on the account. $80 for all three on Cricket, unlimited everything.

Our cell signal is so crappy we need a landline. Unfortunately, with all the taxes, fees, and extra bs they charge its over $65 a month. It was only $30 when we first signed up but they took away military discount, paperless billing discount, and multiple other discounts we'd had. They also raised the price on the cellphone plan.

It's cloudy today-- chance of rain. My sinuses don't like me and I need a nap. I got the trash bag out of the trash can for my brother but he decided not to drag it out. He hasn't taken trash out for over a month. I've been having to haul it out and I get winded.

I finally got around to watching Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. I also have been working on some graphics for a friend's Dungeons & Dragons homebrew world. He needs icons/symbols for each of the deities he created. He first described a sword wrapped in chains. Then specified to a falchion with an S guard, medallion pommel, & chain wrapping like snakes on a caduceus. I learned some new tricks in Sketchup to make the chains wrap & had to get some plugins and then manually move stuff. Ended up with a chain draped over the guard and wrapping around the blade. Then friend asked for an aquamarine on the pommel. So, this is what I have (option D from a list of ones I sent him):
1666027694960.png
I had to modify the tips of the guard because they looked too phallic before. I had to make this entire thing from scratch and follow some tutorials, but not all of the tools worked like they did in the videos.

I was sad to hear Robbie Coltrane passed away a few days ago. He played Hagrid in the Harry Potter movies. Even sadder to learn my cousin's daughter died last night. I don't think she was even 30 yet. I hadn't seen her since she was a toddler in the late 90s. That cousin only had 2 kids and it was the younger one who died. Trying to get more info and its sketchy. It's suspected domestic violence was involved & her boyfriend is now in jail. He'd beaten her up very badly a few weeks back-- she had a brain bleed and was in the hospital for a week. Wasn't the same afterward. But she went back to him and now she's dead. :-(

Latest posts

Back