What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ran out of strapping tape, time to improvise.

Hey ! If you’re feeling down and out, play some Marching Band Music 🎶 …it sounds like half time at a football game from the tenant next door and you guessed it, I’m strutting my best Mikey Majorette moves, hope I don’t hurt myself 🤣

Attachments

• 3C877C33-1F87-472C-8213-A38FC27942A5.jpeg
    3C877C33-1F87-472C-8213-A38FC27942A5.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Its been raining and I've been busy and exhausted. AC is still not working so its too hot for me to function.
The rat picture reminds me of the rat my 5lb cat caught that was almost as big as her. I'd been walking outside barefoot (I don't do that anymore as my feet have grown more sensitive). To give perspective on size, I wear women's 8.5 wide shoes and this thing was almost as long as my foot.
1668040093552.png

Trailer flooring and the wood turkey look cool!

Today I got up early (cats insisted) to feed cats, feed dogs, laid back down, went outside and unloaded stuff from the truck--including 5 heavy cases of water. Then I cleaned my toilet & took out most of the trash bags. I got overheated so I laid down with fans blowing on me. Got up and cooked for Mom-- overheated again and had to lie down. Took out the rest of the trash bags. Overheated. I played on my computer a little bit throughout the day but kept feeling tired and eyes were not cooperating-- kept burning and going blurry. I'm about to take a nap again. Heat really saps the energy out of me and I sweat if its over 70°. It's been 86° inside.

Its been raining and I've been busy and exhausted. AC is still not working so its too hot for me to function.
The rat picture reminds me of the rat my 5lb cat caught that was almost as big as her. I'd been walking outside barefoot (I don't do that anymore as my feet have grown more sensitive). To give perspective on size, I wear women's 8.5 wide shoes and this thing was almost as long as my foot.
View attachment 15698

Today I got up early (cats insisted) to feed cats, feed dogs, laid back down, went outside and unloaded stuff from the truck--including 5 heavy cases of water. Then I cleaned my toilet & took out most of the trash bags. I got overheated so I laid down with fans blowing on me. Got up and cooked for Mom-- overheated again and had to lie down. Took out the rest of the trash bags. Overheated. I played on my computer a little bit throughout the day but kept feeling tired and eyes were not cooperating-- kept burning and going blurry. I'm about to take a nap again. Heat really saps the energy out of me and I sweat if its over 70°. It's been 86° inside.
Lunch?

View attachment 15698

That's a biggun. For a second, I thought it was one of the kitties.

I'm surprised the cats didn't eat it. Itsy will usually at least chew the heads off or eat most of the guts-- but I think it was just the fun of hunting that time. She still catches smaller mice in the living room.

Woke up to 9 cats and both dogs on my bed. One of the dogs was kicking me in her sleep. I got up to feed them & saw Rupert in the hallway and jokingly asked why he'd forsaken me and that I could have had an even 10 cats in the room. He responded by trying to high-five me. Now he's curled up on my lap. Itsy just came in and is doing everything in her power to mess up my typing. LOL.

The kitchen light and pantry light both came back on the other night but they went out again. Trying to get up the energy to play the breaker flipping game to figure out which breaker its on so I can replace the outlet and make sure all the wires are secured. An outlet tester showed all of the ports on the outlet as dead.

I was hoping to get my friend to help but he's busy with work & taking care of his gf's baby which is not his. We know for a fact now bc paternity results came in.

I’ve seen Gallagher before. Great show. Everybody who knew better and was sitting up front had on rain coats or they just brought a tarp to cover multiple people. A few didn’t and they regretted it. Lol.

Took the old man out for dinner tonight and caught a colorful evening sky.
BBE033CB-D4A3-412E-880A-FADD4776B72B.jpeg

There’s a frisbee at work and it gets used for everything. Never woulda thought a frisbee would be so valuable to me doing my job. What item do you guys carry in your van that is as valuable to you as it is an odd item to think about for doing your job?
8ECAD448-6D34-4FC0-A697-168DD5B1C4A8.jpeg

Attachments

• 9F80BE33-E099-411D-8EAA-DB8571C0F7A7.jpeg
    9F80BE33-E099-411D-8EAA-DB8571C0F7A7.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Come across this guy a few times, he buys and sells cars on his YouTube channel. It's always something somewhat exotic being a Dodge Daytona with the big wing on it or a Ferrari or whatever.
I never knew that Mercedes built the Maybach. All I knew is they were pretty expensive.
If you have about 3 minutes you can watch part of this video to find out what luxury is. Every time he buys a new car he takes it to his mechanic to have it looked over and that's what's happening here.
You can zip ahead to the 3-minute mark and watch for a few minutes for a little entertainment. Pretty amazing for a 20-year-old car.

Highup, that Maybach is AWESOME. I've never heard of them before but that is so cool. I love that the rear had massage seats. That would be my favorite feature. The roof thing was neat but I prefer sturdier roofs. I saw some of the Maybachs have a foot rest part when the seat reclines-- couldn't tell if that one had that feature. Very very cool. I'd want one where the AC could blow down from the top because if I'm a passenger, I need air blowing on me to keep me from getting overwhelmed with motion sickness. Although, even wit the air I still get motion sickness if I'm not driving.

Rusty, that is good. I don't think you can get the wood for those for under $50 anymore. At least not in my area.

Got up early this morning to take Namir (my brother's cat) to the vet. Vet's website said they were open until noon, but apparently its not updated. No longer open on weekends at all. Didn't find out until we got there. Cat was quiet the entire ride though. He talked to me a little when I opened the door to check on him when we got back home. He got beat up by other cats and is clearly in pain and barely moving. Cries if we touch his sides. He's eating and drinking but he looks miserable. No vets in the area are open on weekends anymore. Got a bunch of cats piled on me now. I closed my window because it got a little too cold. I stopped to get mail. My box was stuffed but there weren't any package slips.

We got something from the AC people who won't call back but I didn't open it since its addressed to mom.

Trying to motivate myself to do something productive. Yesterday I cooked some mushrooms, went to the store, and got takeout from a local business. It's expensive there but I like to support local businesses.

Latest posts

Back