What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every time I see polls asking what I eat on my hot dogs my answer is that I don't eat hot dogs. I will feed the wiener part to the dogs or cats and put chili & cheese in the bun. I typod that as bum initially. LOL.

Woke up early to call from Honda dealership. Truck has a bad wheel bearing. I took my truck in to local tire place 5x asking them to check wheel bearings and some jackass named Jose (who was friends with my brother) gave me attitude & was generally rude about it. I think he didn't check-- either that or he's just incompetent. I'm going to have a word with the owner of that shop. The errors I got started after I took my truck to them to have the brake pads done. I don't think they damaged the wheel-bearing-- I think it was probably weakened by the wreck where a drunk driver hit my wheel & fender. Steve (guy at dealership) told me that it would cost $810 before taxes & other fees. I don't know if that was just for the wheel bearing or the total cost thus far. Said they needed to get the part and truck *should* be ready tomorrow between 1 to 2pm. I really hope so because this rental Rav4 is annoying and I want my truck back. I miss my comfy heated seats.

Took Mom to her eye doctor appointment. We were 10min late because she took her sweet time doing her hair and getting out to the car. She was pushing buttons on the center console and asking what stuff did and I had to ask her to let me concentrate on driving and to stop touching stuff. She's like a kid sometimes. Eye appointment went well. Went to Samsclub after. Getting out of the vehicle a disabled woman approached and asked if I could help her get some food. She wanted $2 but I don't have cash. I offered to buy her food. She asked to come with me. I wanted to get her some chicken but they didn't have it ready. She said the ribs would be ok. I asked if she wanted anything else-- like a drink. She got an orange juice & saw some salads. Asked if she could have salad and I grabbed it for her (she could only seem to move one arm). Then she asked for some oranges & I got those for her. I bought the stuff and handed her the receipt and told her to have happy holidays. She looked exhausted and she didn't try to get any junk food or unhealthy stuff so I think she was genuinely hungry and wanted good food. I found Mom in a recliner & she had some cases of water. Someone saw her trying to get a case into the cart and offered to help. She normally doesn't do heavy lifting but she knows my arm is borked. I went and grabbed some other stuff and checked out. I tried calling her but she couldn't figure out how to get her phone to pick up. I went and got her and we left. As I was about to load the water cases into the car an employee came up and asked if I needed help. I was so relieved. I can barely lift my arm and it developed a rash (helped along by a bad reaction to some deodorant and constant rubbing/chafing from the arm). I currently reek of rash cream and arthritis cream.

Went to the post office to get a package that showed as being there but they didn't have the slip in the box & didn't have it processed yet so I left with the mail. FINALLY got my father's DD214s in the mail. I requested them in 2020. We can use them to show the social security office so mom can get more benefits. They put in that my father spent less time in the army than he did and now we have proof that he spent more time.

Went to Walmart and there were no riding carts so Mom walked around and sat down on a bench. Her RX wasn't ready because the supplier hasn't sent it yet.

Before we went to the post office we grabbed food at Wendy's. Mom didn't like hers so I ate it. I was hungry. Had 3 grilled chicken sandwiches. The dog was sitting on the back of the couch behind me whining to let me know she wanted some. LOL.

Good thing I grabbed a salad for Mom before we left the store. I'm sure she'll want something else later. I'm probably going to take a nap soon and I really hope we get the truck back tomorrow before the rental place closes at 5. It was supposed to be $30/day but they charged $150 per day. It says on the paperwork $30/day but doesn't explain where the extra $60 comes from- unless they were charging for another two days & will remove that once the vehicle is returned.

On the upside, I talked to my friend's secret gf (bc they aren't publicly dating yet as both of their exes will flip their shit if they find out). I got her some early xmas gifts and she wanted to reciprocate. I said I'd take a hug. She said she'd give me two and help me clean the house. I don't know if she'll be able to help without throwing up, but any help is appreciated. Even if its just reaching stuff I can't get bc of my stupid shoulder.

Had two different dentist appointments today. Didn’t feel a lick of pain and it was almost $200 less than I was expecting to pay. Then later on I was takin the long way home from taking the dog to the park when I stumbled upon a hot dog cart out in Rio Verde. I got the Tucson dog. It was delicious.

View attachment 15963
Do they have those to go?

40s now, around 0 tonight. 8 tomorrow -4 tomorrow night. 3 inches of snow tonight 30 mph winds. Not gonna be fun.

I would love to shack up during a winter storm cus they’re just not gonna happen here. I gotta go somewhere and pay big bucks to experience what you have goin on right now… for free.

There, feel better.

I would love to shack up during a winter storm cus they’re just not gonna happen here. I gotta go somewhere and pay big bucks to experience what you have goin on right now… for free.

There, feel better.
Somehow I think that's called payback or karma for the nearly free gas that they get over in that part of the country. 😁
Seriously Rusty. Hope it passes fast and everything goes well.
We get below 15 once every 20 years. We've been in the low thirties and down to 28 once in the past weeks. That cold/chilly spell lasted a week and a half. Tonight it's 47 degrees. Predicted morning lows are 46 to 53 until new years. Yes, that's above normal.
...rain forecasted every day of it. 🥴

Last edited:
There’s a nasty storm brewing here in NY. Supposed to hit right when we’re leaving for Florida. I already told the old lady, we’re going regardless….. lol

The view could be better but I won’t complain about 65 and sunny.

E9B39653-93C8-4EFF-AFE4-6C2BB4385D2E.jpeg

3-4 years ago, a young couple from California moved here. Could not stand the politics there. They bought a Victorian home they are restoring. She buys toys all year, dresses up as "Santafox" (Santa suit with a fox head). And takes their Model A and delivers toys to kids all over town. She usually has hundreds. Her maiden name is Hollyfox

Latest posts

Back