What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The chiefs- some kind of sports team I'm guessing. I think Havasu mentioned them on the plumbing forums. I don't even know what sport they play. LOL. Saw something online about a guy who was so mad about some team losing that he smashed his big screen TV. I will never understand that sort of rage over a game.

CJ, I wish I had some ideas but I'm drawing a blank.

Mom was able to keep food down today but still feels bad. I still feel cruddy and tired. We all got hit with the food poisoning but my brother and I got it very mild. Trying to figure out the right way to bring it up to the place that served the bad food.

I also realize I desperately need to clean this house up. My friend has volunteered to help on his days off. It's tough bc I'm a bit of a hoarder and I can't stand to see things get thrown away if I think they can be donated or used still. He joked that he would blindfold me when stuff goes in the burn pile. I showed his new gf the sketchup drawings of the kitchen plans and she loves them.

Had some drama with her ex. I was supposed to get the baker's rack today but he refused. Said something about he's going to drop it off at the other friend's house and then tried to guilt-trip me and be a jerk. Complained that I haven't tried to talk to him in years. He hasn't tried to talk to me in years either. Whenever I went over to visit he'd ignore me and play computer games. He can be a big baby about things and its his loss. I was going to give him some PEX pipe and help him fix up the plumbing, paint the walls, paint the cabinets, and seal the butcherblock. Now his stuff will probably rot instead bc I doubt he'll do it himself. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

The air fryer arrived and I had to get my brother to carry it in because my shoulder isn't recovered enough for holding a box that wide. It's wider than the old air fryer but not as tall. I had to move the microwave over. I also had to take stuff off the counter to do that. I asked my brother for help with putting things in the upper cabinets but he just went back to his room. So, I don't care if he can't find his coffee supplies later. LOL. I need to figure out a solution to keep the cats off the top of it. There is enough room for a cat to climb on top. It says not to leave anything on top while cooking. I don't know if it gets hot or if its bc it has a vent. For now I have stuff on top but not over the vents.

I've heard of red gum tree before but don't remember anything other than the name.

Last night Mom woke me up just before 3:30am by paging me on the phone intercom and slurring gibberish into it. I went to see her to figure out what was going on. She kept going on about how I woke her up calling her on the phone and saying something took the silver off the buns. She kept asking "what buns have silver and what took the silver off them?" and she was getting mad that I didn't have a clue wtf she was talking about. I explained to her that she either had a weird dream or she was hallucinating. The latter could be caused by high blood sugar or her anti-nausea meds. She just kept insisting that I had called her and that she had only called me back. Finally got her to check her blood sugar. It was 380 so she took some insulin. I could not get back to sleep until after 9am. I had to check on her every half hour until I was too exhausted & racked out. She wanted food but we are out of eggs (which is what she wanted) so I made her some oatmeal. She wasn't able to finish it though. It's too late for curbside pickup and I'm too exhausted to drive in to the store. Although, I suppose if I get awake enough before the store closes I can go grab some stuff.

I finally dragged my fat ass out to the store to get the eggs and electrolyte water. Grabbed a ranch cobb salad and a borden chocolate milk (chocolate milk is my guilty pleasure). I try to reserve getting it for when I feel I earned it but I decided that since I feel like crap from food poisoning and am exhausted that I would drink it and make myself feel better. It actually makes my stomach feel better for some strange reason.

Mom got up and walked to the living room without problems. She called me around 1pm wanting food. I made oatmeal and she only ate about 1/3 of it. I ate most of the rest but the dog was whining in my ear (she sits on the back of the couch behind me) because she LOVES oatmeal so I gave her some. That dog has ripped open boxes of oatmeal packets and chewed open the packets to eat the oatmeal. LOL. Anyway, mom has been able to focus on playing computer games. She's still tired and not feeling great, but she's doing better and she can keep food down. After the trip to the store I scrambled some eggs for her.

Made me think about how scrambled eggs used to be about the only thing I could cook. LOL. I used to make scrambled eggs with bacon and cheese for my dad. We'd get pre-cooked bacon and I would cut it up with scissors and add it in with the eggs. Now I can make hamburger helper stuff. LOL.

I still have not mastered rice-a-roni though.

Editing to add a pic of my new air fryer:
1675226868406.png

I should have taken the tape off the front but I wanted it to hold the glass in place securely so I left it on. I did discover that if I put something with parchment paper in the very top rack it will set the paper on fire. LOL. So it has to be on the middle rack.

Try owning a Chevy van and seeing how long it is until your paint starts to flake off. Guess that’s another win for Ford.

Try owning a Chevy van (or any vehicle) in the rust belt. We’re lucky to get 5 years rust free on a new vehicle.
Rockers go first, then wheel wells, then doors and hood, & finally the frame….

That's scary. You think with all the treatments they put on car frames these days that wouldn't happen.
So if you bought a new vehicle how many years would it make before it hit the scrap yard because of rust?

How many extra funky fees are on your electric bill?
They couldn't fit all of them under one page so.....
Why don't they do the same thing when you go to the gas station or grocery store?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230201-083609~2.png
    Screenshot_20230201-083609~2.png
    323.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230201-084630.png
    Screenshot_20230201-084630.png
    318.7 KB · Views: 0
That's scary. You think with all the treatments they put on car frames these days that wouldn't happen.
So if you bought a new vehicle how many years would it make before it hit the scrap yard because of rust?
Around 10-15 years until it’s a complete rust bucket. Then it gets sold to someone that doesn’t have the money to fix it up. Then it’s one of those dangerous vehicles with a rotted out muffler that makes you wonder how they got it inspected???

I'll have to look at our electric bill. All kinds of extra bs on there.

Daris, yikes. Dude really messed up to cheat on his wife while he's in the military. He can get kicked out for that. Sadly, the story never said whether or not she got her air pods back.

I was exhausted all day. Tried to wake mom up to get her to eat something but she wanted to sleep. She finally got up right before I was about to leave for my appointment. I saw her walk down the hallway and waved at her but she said nothing. I was watching a video tutorial on making a leather hat. I heard thumping from the living room that was in a rhythm so I thought it was the bass from a commercial on the TV. Turns out Mom couldn't find the phone to call me and was thumping her cane. She was enraged when I popped in to see if she wanted toast or something before I left. She said "Leave me here to die!" in a melodramatic tone and called me a bitch for not coming when she thumped her cane. I told her I thought it was the TV and that I couldn't read her mind. I then went and paged the phone so she could find it-- it was exactly where I told her I'd set it last night when I tried to hand it to her but she wouldn't take it. She'd handed it to me to talk to her sister who called to check on her.

Anyway, appointment went well. Doctor told me she was probably dreaming and it was nothing to worry about (when I told him about the incident the night before). My mobility is better and he said to keep up the exercises. My bp was good and my weight was down to 204. It will probably go back up. I've been eating a lot of salads just to fill my stomach so I'm not as hungry. LOL.

Finally got mom to eat some baby food (chicken flavor that I got for a sick cat). I managed to not make fun of her for eating baby food with a baby spoon. She got up later and wanted toast. We have this nice toaster with a digital display that says how long it will take to heat. I'm lazy and butter the bread before putting it in to the toaster.

I'm about to watch some more video tutorials and then take a nap.

Around 10-15 years until it’s a complete rust bucket. Then it gets sold to someone that doesn’t have the money to fix it up. Then it’s one of those dangerous vehicles with a rotted out muffler that makes you wonder how they got it inspected???
What's an inspection? 😁
.....said the guy on the Oregon coast. 😉
One of my favorite YouTube channels.

Last edited:
What's an inspection? 😁
.....said the guy on the Oregon coast.

You don’t even have emissions there, do you? No inspection in Portland but if your vehicle didn’t pass emissions you were dun fer. The GVW of my van means they put the tube up your exhaust pipe and measure stuff. No more plugging in to the OBD thing and off you go. Here in Phoenix they put my van on a dyno with the exhaust sensors and test it.

My ‘76 Ford I would have to pay $200 to get my van to pass emissions. It passed emissions but was running so poorly the gal doing the test laughed at me and didn’t think my van would make it home. Then I would have to go back to my mechanic and pay another $200 to make my van run right. Now I’m out $400 plus the test and I haven’t even replaced a single part yet.

Cost $12.50 for an inspection here. Some times I even take the vehicle. One legislator wants to do away with them. Insurance statistics show that states with them have as many accidents as states without them.

You don’t even have emissions there, do you? No inspection in Portland but if your vehicle didn’t pass emissions you were dun fer. The GVW of my van means they put the tube up your exhaust pipe and measure stuff. No more plugging in to the OBD thing and off you go. Here in Phoenix they put my van on a dyno with the exhaust sensors and test it.

My ‘76 Ford I would have to pay $200 to get my van to pass emissions. It passed emissions but was running so poorly the gal doing the test laughed at me and didn’t think my van would make it home. Then I would have to go back to my mechanic and pay another $200 to make my van run right. Now I’m out $400 plus the test and I haven’t even replaced a single part yet.
O2 sensor and some new spark plugs.

O2 sensor and some new spark plugs.

Hey, Bob, I just put a new O2 sensor and spark plugs on and my vehicle still won’t pass emissions. Well, CJ, we’ll have to ‘detune’ your vehicle so it will pass emissions then you’ll come back here and you’ll pay me to make it run again. Fast forward to renewal time and I’m not paying for an O2 sensor this go round, just do the adjustment(s).

Cost $12.50 for an inspection here. Some times I even take the vehicle. One legislator wants to do away with them. Insurance statistics show that states with them have as many accidents as states without them.

That sounds like the good old days in NY. Give your buddy $10 and he goes to his buddy & comes back with a sticker. Miss those days.

Now it’s a freaking shit show.

Latest posts

Back