What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea that would have worked well in a lot of places on Long Island too. The Hamptons, the north fork, Montauk.... Anyone who was smart enough to invest in real estate in the 80s is sitting pretty now... I wasn't... :(

Mostly luck and from I've seen in 62 years that works both ways.

Most women do, that is in their training to be a woman.
I was apparently absent for that training, but maybe my brother went to it instead. LOL. He was always whining until he got what he wanted.

Finally got Mom's taxes printed but HP can go fuck themselves with their ink "plan". Printer was cheap and on the box said it came with 6 months of "free" ink. But you have to sign up for a "free" trial and then are supposed to agree to a subscription. It only works if your printer is permanently connected to the internet so they can monitor every single fucking thing you print. You have to agree to be spied on. And they can control how many pages you are allowed to print per month. The more pages you want to print, the more you have to pay. If you want to print more than that, you have to pay extra. Even if you go out and buy your own ink they will block you from printing so long as you are online. Oh, and you HAVE to be connected to the internet to print wirelessly. You have to login to their servers to print. Only way to get around it is to manually plug the printer in to the computer with a USB cable (that was NOT included with the printer) which defeats the whole point of wireless printing. It is absolutely one of the most asinine things ever.

It took me over an hour to be able to print Mom's taxes from her computer. But my cat bumped a button on the printer and it printed out a paper about the wifi. So, you are expected to keep the thing on constantly and connected to the internet constantly. Not sure what happens if you turn it off. But say a child or pet bumps the button and you have the limited pages thing or it messes up the print job and uses up your paper limit. I'm not a violent person, but I want to find whoever came up with this idea and give them an earfull. Once we have the rest of the taxes printed I will probably return the stupid thing to the store and return the protection plan for it.

The lowest plan is 99cents per month with only 10 pages allowed. There is some rollover with max for lowest plan being something like 30 pages. I wish roaches hadn't ruined the old printer.

As an aside, I may have an ear infection in my left ear. It might be an irritation so I'll keep cleaning it carefully and wait and see.

Payin the bills.

IMG_3221.jpeg

I was apparently absent for that training, but maybe my brother went to it instead. LOL. He was always whining until he got what he wanted.

Finally got Mom's taxes printed but HP can go fuck themselves with their ink "plan". Printer was cheap and on the box said it came with 6 months of "free" ink. But you have to sign up for a "free" trial and then are supposed to agree to a subscription. It only works if your printer is permanently connected to the internet so they can monitor every single fucking thing you print. You have to agree to be spied on. And they can control how many pages you are allowed to print per month. The more pages you want to print, the more you have to pay. If you want to print more than that, you have to pay extra. Even if you go out and buy your own ink they will block you from printing so long as you are online. Oh, and you HAVE to be connected to the internet to print wirelessly. You have to login to their servers to print. Only way to get around it is to manually plug the printer in to the computer with a USB cable (that was NOT included with the printer) which defeats the whole point of wireless printing. It is absolutely one of the most asinine things ever.

It took me over an hour to be able to print Mom's taxes from her computer. But my cat bumped a button on the printer and it printed out a paper about the wifi. So, you are expected to keep the thing on constantly and connected to the internet constantly. Not sure what happens if you turn it off. But say a child or pet bumps the button and you have the limited pages thing or it messes up the print job and uses up your paper limit. I'm not a violent person, but I want to find whoever came up with this idea and give them an earfull. Once we have the rest of the taxes printed I will probably return the stupid thing to the store and return the protection plan for it.

The lowest plan is 99cents per month with only 10 pages allowed. There is some rollover with max for lowest plan being something like 30 pages. I wish roaches hadn't ruined the old printer.

As an aside, I may have an ear infection in my left ear. It might be an irritation so I'll keep cleaning it carefully and wait and see.
Anything free comes at a cost.
Well give you a free car every month. The catch is, you have to jump off a 200 ft cliff to subscribe to the free car deal.

I quit doing motorhomes and trailers a long time ago. Everytime I need a tool, it's behind me and I have to stand up to turn around and get it. Not enough swivel space to spin around. I'm 6' 2ish.
5' 2ish would be easier.

Last thing I did in a motor home was to replicate the stereo console so it matched the rest of the motor home. Had a few pieces of laminate laying around that matched good enuf.

That’s a Village People 8 track in the radio.

IMG_2901.jpeg
IMG_2907.jpeg

Needed some putty the other day so I grabbed a few colors and made my own color matching putty. Not bad.

I was putting the putty back in the box when I opened the putty manual that I’ve never read before. Lol. Who knew that they have blending formulas for matching multiple manufacturers stain colors.

IMG_3219.jpeg
IMG_3220.jpeg

CJ, that is pretty cool!

I'm only 5'5" but I'm now down to 200lbs. My healthy weight was 150- back when I lifted weights and did martial arts.

AC started heating in cool mode again last night. I read some troubleshooting tips and was worried it was the furnace board not sending signal to solenoid valve, the solenoid valve being dead, or the reversing valve jamming. But, I decided to change the filters and pour bleach down the condensate line just in case. That worked.

Went to Flying Wok (favorite restaurant that was originally named Panda but changed recently). My brother pigged out but I only managed to eat one plate because I was having trouble chewing. Broken tooth and stuff keeps jamming between it and the adjacent tooth. Also missing a tooth on that side bc that tooth broke & had to be pulled. I've been having trouble swallowing stuff and things get stuck and I end up choking and can't breathe. Have to heave up everything to breathe again. It freaks poor Itsy out.

Went to Samsclub after eating & grabbed some groceries and a new APC for Mom's computer (hers keeps shutting off). Went to Walmart after and dropped off food for friend. Told my brother "we have frozen stuff so lets just drop stuff off and go". He walked his fat behind in and sat down on the couch and was refusing to get up and leave. Then Mom called and wanted me to get more stuff at Walmart. At least my brother got the stuff out of the cooler and carried it in when we got home.

I put away groceries, ate a salad, watched Father Brown, and am not checking message boards. Rupert has decided to sit on me.

AC started heating in cool mode again last night. I read some troubleshooting tips and was worried it was the furnace board not sending signal to solenoid valve, the solenoid valve being dead, or the reversing valve jamming. But, I decided to change the filters and pour bleach down the condensate line just in case. That worked.

Did you recently get a new thermostat? If you wire it up incorrectly it will heat during cool mode. Heat pump vs AC or something like that. I had to check it out and correct it on mine for the same reason.

Needed some putty the other day so I grabbed a few colors and made my own color matching putty. Not bad.

I was putting the putty back in the box when I opened the putty manual that I’ve never read before. Lol. Who knew that they have blending formulas for matching multiple manufacturers stain colors.

View attachment 16751View attachment 16750
Wow, that's a match. 👍 It's been a while, but I've done that too. They don't have a million shade of putty, so you just go for it.

Did you recently get a new thermostat? If you wire it up incorrectly it will heat during cool mode. Heat pump vs AC or something like that. I had to check it out and correct it on mine for the same reason.
Yes we got a new thermostat but only because the AC was heating while in cool mode. Back then I did the same troubleshooting measures of pouring bleach down the condensate line & changing the filters. Took a few months to finally get a repairman out and he diagnosed it as a dead compressor. He tried to push some off-brand replacement condenser unit but we had to go with an authorized Trane installer to get a compatible unit. It had been cooling while set to cool and heating while set to heat up until the other night.

Now if I could get my body to regulate. Stupid hot flashes. Menopause sucks-- although perimenopause sucked more.

It was brought to my attention that my house doesn't really have any return air vents (or are they called registers?). I've seen what they call floor or wall registers in pictures and other homes. My house only has those two 21x21 vents that suck and the rest of the ones (in the ceiling) blow.

For the last couple of days, my brother and I installed carpet in a small living room and hall. The location is their apartment here in town. They have a couple of other homes, but they stay in the apartment when in town.
One of the fancy places is 200 miles away. That's where his car "museum" is located. I think it a mini..... I mean, micro, version of Leno's garage.....
And betting less than 20 cars. It has an epoxy floor, old gas pumps etc.
This laminated diagram below, was in one of the closets.
He had one but he sold it. The apartment manager says he thinks he still has one of these in the "museum"
I would loooooove to go over and see his stash. Everything he touches seems to get a professional frame up restoration.
It's probably been close to 30 years ago that some friends and I went over to help him load a Mercedes 300 SL into his new trailer so he could take it to a car event..... a fancy concourse thing with all the cars sitting out on a nice pretty green lawn.
This car had a frame up restoration and each fuel injection line had a factory sticker on them exactly as it came from the factory. It literally looks like a brand new car.
1963 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Base | Hagerty Valuation Tools

Anyway, here's the exploded diagram of the gulllwing that was in his closet. I've never seen the car, it's 200 mi away. 🥴
On the bright side I made $680 installing carpet in the living room and hallway. 👍
....in an apartment. 😉
He's got a barn over there with a bunch of other cars, I'd like to see those too but.....
.... Unfortunately, I'm not family, just an acquaintance. He and his wife are really cool people.

Attachments

• PXL_20230414_210751800.jpg
    PXL_20230414_210751800.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back