What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My go to is St. Andrews from mullican but they even have a cheaper line called old Virginia. Bruce put out an even cheaper line, I forget what it was called but it was red and white oak mixed. Your better believe those were bad sample boards, lol.

Speaking of Virginia, With Lee Tucker at the Flooring Guild Class for engineered flooring/building envelopes. In the VA tech wood lab. Lots of well known industry colleagues here.

IMG_20130815_162506_899.jpg

Well, Friday I put new window motors in both front doors of my work van. What a PITA!
I want to remove the ones out of my S10 and regrease the motor bearings or the gears inside them if they have gears........ I'm betting it's a nasty to get to them as in your van. The motors turn slow when the weather is cool, and being a '93, I'll bet that old grease is pretty thick on the bearing surfaces. I figure regreasing them will make em last longer.

Last edited:
The bad part was, there is nothing in the repair books about it. I could find nothing on line. So I was on my own figuring out how they came out. Apparently almost every year was different.

I have two friends to ask, and I know one of them has taken out a lot of them from GM rigs, but maybe not from an S10. Still, some info is better than none. Cold weather and rain could be just over the horizon, so I better get my butt in gear.
.........one of these days. :D

I had to wait until we got a cool day. We had been having heat indices in the 105-110 range. Still have more work to do on it, but it only has 120,000 on it. That's low miles for an '85. Besides, those 302s run forever.

Installed some shoe on a vinyl plank job. Four planks short. I didnt measure it, but already got paid in full. Hmmm, should I charge for having to go back or just go with it and have a more happy customer?

........what Nick said. Thinking about you two every day. Slow is OK. Not many people bounce back from something that major in a week.

Latest posts

Back