What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our local Carpet One dealer closed it's doors today. Governoris wants all 'non essential' businesses to shutter their doors. Hotel and motel visitors and tourists have been told to go back where they came from.
Driving through town tonight, there isn't a business open, nor a car parked on the street... Highway 101 is the street through town.

Just got this from FloorNZ which makes it pretty clear we arent essential

We can tell you quite clearly selling flooring or the laying of, is not classed as an essential service. As an industry we must all do our bit in this time of crisis and I am sure none of us want to be headline news because we thought this lockdown did not apply to us. The lockdown is designed to increase our nation’s ability to fight and stamp out the COVID-19 virus. It is important that all of us play our part in respecting the lockdown if the disease is to be defeated. Together we can minimise the effect, stay safe, adhere to the government instructions and see you on the other side.

The other 3 flooring shops are open. The closure was mainly intended for barber shops hair salons gyms in places like that where people are in close proximity to each other. Flooring retailers, tho non essential do not have close contact like those places. Seems like owners disgresion is the true rule right now.
Grocery stores remain open and they might have 50 to 100 people in the store at the same time yet a flooring retailer might have a daily head count of 20 to 30 people per day... totally different.

The other 3 flooring shops are open. The closure was mainly intended for barber shops hair salons gyms in places like that where people are in close proximity to each other. Flooring retailers, tho non essential do not have close contact like those places. Seems like owners disgresion is the true rule right now.
Grocery stores remain open and they might have 50 to 100 people in the store at the same time yet a flooring retailer might have a daily head count of 20 to 30 people per day... totally different.

As of midnight tonight we are not allowed to drive anywhere not even to beach or park or anything. Can walk around the block though
Only allowed to go a shop to get food
We have to stay where we are at the moment, cant split the time between our house and the holiday home, if I had one
Got to stay here as Police and Army will be stopping people asking where they are going

Lumber stores have strips of blue tape every 10 feet so people know how far apart to stand..... at the supermarket you stand 3 1/2 to 4 feet from the clerk. :eek:
I hugged the lady I've been working for this past week and gave a hand shake to her husband as I was leaving. I hope the police don't find out.

As of midnight tonight we are not allowed to drive anywhere not even to beach or park or anything. Can walk around the block though
Only allowed to go a shop to get food
We have to stay where we are at the moment, cant split the time between our house and the holiday home, if I had one
Got to stay here as Police and Army will be stopping people asking where they are going
Is that because you were on the cruise ship, or is that everyone?

Did the census on my phone this morning so they'd stop harassing me.
Got the first notice a couple weeks ago and seems a week later a second one saying if I didn't fill it out they'd come knocking at my door. ....yeah, right. 😁
Maybe they would have brought a complimentary mask and some hand sanitizer for me.:party:

Picked up a couple of 4 by 8 so called 1/4" flooring underlayment and delivered it to a job site. It's just a bathroom in vinyl and carpet in a bedroom.
It's upstairs above a nice new shop the customers added on.
after I got the plywood underlayment up the two sets of stairs and got it into the room to acclimate, I noticed the bathroom floor was in a lot worse shape that I thought. The plumbers had cut open the new floor and patched in a few pieces across the small room. I probably have to fix that, then sand or float it flat before proceeding with the new underlayment.... this is a 5 by13 foot room all butchered up.
long story short, I returned the crappy Integrally underlayment an returned with some 3/8 AC.
the Integraply underlayment was closer to 3/16 than 1/4. I could feel sanding ridges on that crap.
How was your day? 😁
Oh heh, the 3/8 plywood was twice as expensive at $45 per sheet.

Latest posts

Back