What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worked on a test to repair a visible seam on some newly installed commercial carpet. It was some unitary backed loop pile commercial carpet.
It's about 4 feet in length where it's not quite up to par. The seam is a good 25 feet long... and not sealed . 😩
Seam has a 1/32nd gap in that section and part of the seam has the row split in half. Probably cut from the top because rows are hard to follow.
I split one row off a scrap and carefully coated the raw backing edges with contact cement to seal them..... I let that set for an hour to dry.
Then I cut a row out of the middle of the test piece and ran a bead of carpet seam sealer (solvent based) down inside the gap and carefully poked the sealed row into the gap. Looks pretty good. I used seam sealer inside the gap because it's more forgiving than contact. It gave me more play time to work the piece into place.

I'm glad my computer doesn't have autocorrect.
Thus far today I played on my computer & cooked stroganoff. Ate too much the past couple of days & have some gas buildup. Keep burping up what tastes like hard-boiled eggs but I haven't eaten any eggs the past week.

I made flatbread pizza with alemon ricotta base, fried zucchini, cubana peppers, onion petals, and fresh mozzarella. Topped with fresh basil and drizzled with honey

Took my stepson, the blind one, to Walmart so he could buy a lawn mower. Worked on my car, one of those plastic panels underneath had broke. Cheated, drilled a new hole and zip tied. Finish mowing. Rain is coming in again.

I didn't feel well the night before. Ended up sleeping most of the day. Still feeling tired.

Went to a job I did to see if my custom net fit reducer mouldings will work and how well the stain matched to the wood floors.
I bought a propane torch on Amazon to replace my old one that died many years ago. It arrived today. $42 and special free shipping deal. I just had to.
Burns a hole in a beer can in under 2 seconds. Arrgh Arrgh Arrgh! Something that just has to be done by men with fire. 😁
Lot more spendy elsewhere.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/BERNZOMA...l5=9033043&wl6=117874843141&wl7=&wl8=&veh=semHas a lifetime guarantee and made in the great again USA.
Says Chilton, WI in the casting.

Last edited:
Talked to the Carpet One retailer this afternoon. A GC that I have worked for has been battling cancer for the last year+. He was looking overweight an face was puffed up like the Michelin man.
That was probably 10 months ago, maybe more.
Saw him a few months ago at the retailers warehouse and looked and acted like his good old bubbly old self. He was enjoying retirement and happy as a clam. He looked great.
Discovered today he's going downhill fast. Ain't supposed to be that way. 😢 he and his crew were the best of the best. I just hated that he was retiring, and now this.

Guy left a bar and went 100 mph the wrong way on a one way street.
brent.jpg

What a mess.
Worked on making a single adjustable leg to support a narrow outfeed table for my router table so I can route longer strips by myself. The "table" for now is just going to be a single pine board maybe 4" to 6" wide. For now all I can think of using it for is narrow stuff like trims or reducer moldings. The leg can be transferred to something wider if need be.
It was fun using the router table to actually make something.

Got my hand masker out and started lining walls with paper. Primed wall behind washer. Got final coat on some trim and door jambs. And I tested the eco-etch on floor. Looks like it works. No odor! If I can etch floor in next day or two, I’ll let floor dry till next weekend. Still lots to do

Attachments

• 31D8D2E4-F5CC-40E5-B564-F1E33C5E1401.jpeg
    31D8D2E4-F5CC-40E5-B564-F1E33C5E1401.jpeg
    97 KB · Views: 19
  • 7B4C539C-7CB8-4164-AEFD-024B7CE58377.jpeg
    7B4C539C-7CB8-4164-AEFD-024B7CE58377.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 0ED0E7A6-0978-45A0-8E0D-9D4314795E56.jpeg
    0ED0E7A6-0978-45A0-8E0D-9D4314795E56.jpeg
    109.3 KB · Views: 20

Latest posts

Back