What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gonna be in the hospital for the next couple of days.
......they even take my temperature, and I get to carry a badge. Got a key to the back door and the punch code to the store room.
I'm special. šŸ˜

Attachments

• 15974376346137015532364063907415.jpg
    15974376346137015532364063907415.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 19
My dad liked to build various types of models. Airplanes, cars, dinosaurs, etc.

Today I got up early, went & got a root canal for about 2 hours, went to samsclub to get water & other supplies. Found they had char siew bao (sweet barbecue pork steamed buns). Dentist's assistant gave me a container of creamy potato soup (I assume from some local business). It was good. It took awhile, but I no longer feel pain when I drink something cold. Good thing I went in when I did. If I had waited longer my tooth wouldn't have been salvageable. X-rays showed a 4th root but the dentist couldn't seem to find it-- well he found it and then lost it again & then couldn't get anything to go into it bc it seems it twisted/turned & probably had stuff in it so it couldn't be cleared. After over an hour he finally said it was going to do more harm than good if he kept going. I didn't mind. Everyone there was nice. I expected to feel some of the procedure (other than pressure) bc I always have in the past. They said "If you feel ANYthing, let us know!' I said "I just pinch my leg if it hurts" and she said "No! Tell us if there's any pain. We don't want you in pain at all!"
The dentist thanked me for being so still and patient when he was done. They now pretty much make a latex tarp that only exposes the tooth being worked on and keeps stuff from going down into the mouth so that was nice.
They told me my mouth was probably going to be very sore the next few days. It feels slightly swollen but it doesn't hurt.
I'm probably going to take a nap soon.

My brother works for an electrical contractors and worked in Lancaster Generalā€™s operating room installing lights. Had to wear surgical garb. Met a doctor in the elevator who asked how it went. He took out the impact drill and told him it was tough going but this baby handledit.

Windows down in my pickup today an the temperature stayed around 106. I'm in the hospital and it's about mid 70's, so working conditions are fine. Hit 100+ or so 17 miles away at the hospital location, but only 83 at home.
Went to two stores and they had the refrigerated cases close and added plastic sheets over the coolers in the produce sections. Power kept going out and their generators were overheating.
I just can't wait to see the destruction of society if Kamala gets elected. I think she promised to put the fossil fuel business... out of business. We can't even keep the power running now. šŸ˜ž
Oregon so got a short heat wave going on right now with inland temperatures around 100 or more in some places, tapering off to mid 90s by Tuesday. We don't get above 80 very often on the coast.

Last edited:
I'm getting released from the hospital later this morning. All that's left to do is put 6 strips of vinyl reducer in doorways. I was whipped at 7:00 last night so I just cleaned up the rooms and snuck out. They are going to install the vinyl base..... Yahoo! I hate doing base.
I'm using Contact cement to install the vinyl reducers. Nobody stocks that great solvent based carpet seam sealer I loved. D16? ...something like that.

Attachments

• IMG_20200816_191325759.jpg
    IMG_20200816_191325759.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20200816_191445709.jpg
    IMG_20200816_191445709.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20200816_191502677.jpg
    IMG_20200816_191502677.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 25
We'd just have an arrival fee.
Hi, I'm here. $25 please.
I have a delivery surcharge for tool relocation. (Moving tools into the house) $25
........need to think more about the possibilities. I'm sure they are endless like the phone bill.

Last edited:
You know all those stories about hospital food? Last time I was in the hospital I discovered theyā€™re all true! Stay away from thefish covered in lemon sauce. Lol

Only time I ever tried hospital food was when I had to overnight after my appendectomy. They gave me onion soup (which I'm allergic to) so I gave it to my mother. Then they gave me scrambled eggs with no seasoning. I really didn't have much of an appetite. For the next 3 weeks only thing I ate was toast.

Highup, the carpet looks nice! I've seen that in a few doctor's offices.

The dentist's office called me today (I was going to call them but they beat me to it) to ask when I wanted the crown put on my tooth. I said asap bc I wanted the other tooth pulled as it's flaring up again. Fortunately, I didn't use all of my Tramadol so I had some left to be able to take 1. I also refilled my antibiotics. Earliest they could schedule me was next Wednesday.

I put off cleaning the kittens' litterbox for too long but I promised myself I would do it today so I forced myself to. It was a mess. Their waterer had spilled into it. I had to scrape it out and scrub it down. The muck had spread onto the edges and sides so I really had to give it a deep cleaning. Once it was done I put new litter in it and went to put it back in. Kittens were ecstatic. They were jumping in it right away. I need to not let it get bad again. I should probably make a schedule to clean it at least once per day.

I also went to the post office but my brother beat me to it. He was backing up out of the parking space as I was trying to pull in. So I followed him for a bit & then veered off to go get my prescription. Got home, took my meds, rested a bit, and made dinner. Shepherd's pie again. It's mom's new favorite. LOL.

Yesterday was "fun". The night before the water pump stopped working. I was convinced it must be the wiring & hoped it wasn't the pressure switch. Long story short, had my friend look at it & he saw fried wires going to it. So I bought some 10/2 w/ ground and just in case I got a replacement pressure switch. My friend logged in to the plumbingforums to look at my post on the jet pump to see what sort of wiring & what switch was needed. He opened up the case & saw the old switch was fried so we did need the new one. He installed it and then hooked it to the D-Box like the old one had been done. He said it looked like the wires on the pressure switch hadn't been put in tightly enough & that they came loose and arced up the wire. But there was a burn on the wiring on the ceiling so I suspect a power surge did it. I need to figure out how to set up a surge protector for it. Wish I could set up a protector plus power backup but that thing uses a lot of power- it's a 1HP and uses 115/230. But the good news is it works now. Now I can do laundry again without the pump shutting off.

I really wish I could get the pump to be independently powered with solar energy. I could put solar panels on the shed's roof.

Speaking of the shed, I need to replace it. It's a steel thing and the bottom is rusting, there's a hole busted in the back corner where the horse kicked it, the doors are broken from the cow leaning on them- I think she tried to scratch her behind on the doors. I need to measure it & get one slightly larger. My friend said I need at least 3ft extra on the end with the pump so there's room to work on it. I'm thinking I could put a bench or have a folding chair in there. I also need some sort of fan to push the hot air out. I'm thinking of getting one of those plastic sheds. Also, the covering that spans over the two sheds needs to be fixed. The last piece of tin got torn by the wind & the 1x6 it's resting on is rotting. I need to get the measurements and price out some of the metal roofing to replace it.

On the sheds: If the new shed is the same width as the old one (thus it would sit on the concrete foundation on the front and sides) would I need to pour more concrete on the back end of it overhangs (if it's deeper) or could I use paving stones?
I did a rough sketch- purple is the concrete foundation, yellow is the walls of the existing shed, green is how the new shed would extend.

pump-shedfootprint.png

Latest posts

Back