What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Z" are you diabetic by chance and on metforming? I had been on it about 5 or 6 years and all of a sudden I was in the bathroom maybe 5 or 6 times and sometimes I didn't even get out the door. Told my Dr and she took me off of it and gave me janumet. Instantly no more problems. My sis in law had the same thing happen.

"Z" are you diabetic by chance and on metforming? I had been on it about 5 or 6 years and all of a sudden I was in the bathroom maybe 5 or 6 times and sometimes I didn't even get out the door. Told my Dr and she took me off of it and gave me janumet. Instantly no more problems. My sis in law had the same thing happen.
My dad also had this same issue with Metformin.

Hi, I had the same issue with the dumb pin # using Straight Talk. I got someone right away, and they said they have to remove that option on their side. 2 minutes later, they removed the pin #

My wife and my son both had the same problem with Metformin.

Look at Wednesday's high. We all gonna die.

temoerature.PNG

I'll have to remember the "party teeth" thing for my friend. Medical in general sucks in the south. At least in my state. We have the worst medical and highest insurance rates/costs. There's a reason my state is ranked 50th.

Daris, I'm insulin resistant so I'm on Metformin. Every once in awhile I get some stomach issues from it. I can't afford Jenumet. I am self-pay as I don't have insurance and that stuff is expensive. I'm hoping if I can cut back on carbs and sugars I won't need the stuff anymore. I've been trying to eat fruit instead of candy and stuff when I crave sweets. I've had mixed success.

Stomach is mostly better. Just have gas now.

New owners of the pups said they are doing well. They climb on the counters but they get along with their dogs, have been having great fun playing, & sleep in bed with the owners. Peanutbutter likes to climb on top of people when they sleep. Jelly will roll on his back and lay his head on people's legs. They are enjoying them thus far. I'm glad they bonded so quickly.

My brother shocked me by taking out the trash (first time in weeks), cleaning up trash off the kitchen floor (first time in over a decade), and cleaning up trash in the hallway (first time ever). He half-assed it, but its better than nothing. I gave him a hug and thanked him. Hoping he'll help me clean more tomorrow. Today I was resting.

Other than resting and messing around on my computer, I cooked for Mom.

I'll have to remember the "party teeth" thing for my friend. Medical in general sucks in the south. At least in my state. We have the worst medical and highest insurance rates/costs. There's a reason my state is ranked 50th.

Insurance DOES suck in the South but houses are pretty cheap so as far as the money goes it’s all a wash in the end.

People don’t understand what it means when I tell someone they’re just living at a different level of poverty. If you pencil it out you’ll see that $50K a year with a paid off house in the boonies can be a better quality of living than $100K a year with a house payment in the city.

Insurance DOES suck in the South but houses are pretty cheap so as far as the money goes it’s all a wash in the end.

People don’t understand what it means when I tell someone they’re just living at a different level of poverty. If you pencil it out you’ll see that $50K a year with a paid off house in the boonies can be a better quality of living than $100K a year with a house payment in the city.
I though $100,000 was a down payment on a car.
....o wait, mine cost $500, 5 years ago. Bet Icould snatch $1500 today.
Is snatch politically correct these days?

Last edited:
Ceramic tile install restrooms #3 & 4 of 9. Projects started in Feb.. Got held up on a change order for 3 months or so and got dumped into my lap. End of month is my final week.

Attachments

• 20220714_102523.jpg
    20220714_102523.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 20220714_102540.jpg
    20220714_102540.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 20220714_102636.jpg
    20220714_102636.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 20220714_102622.jpg
    20220714_102622.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 21
CJ, the house prices here are not as high as in bigger places but they are higher than they should be (or at least the taxes on them are higher than they should be) given the income level in the area. Median househould income is under $25k/yr and sales tax is 10.45%. So that makes buying vehicles and homes suck even more. Also doesn't help that a lot of places are doing interviews but not actually hiring people and are understaffing to be low on labor.

Havasu, why don't you post your pics from the plumbing forum (of the floor) over here? I think it would be interesting to see here as well. (You know how much I like pics-- I even like ones I've seen before). Or did you post them in another thread that I missed?'

Looks nice, Incognito! What is the red stuff underneath the tile? I don't know why, but I don't like putting brown tile, paint, etc in bathrooms.

Stomach is bugging me again today but more plugged up instead & having stomach pain. Bro feels like garbage too. He's also on Metformin. But it could be something we ate or a bug.

Yasuke (one of the cats) attacked my foot last night (he was waiting to ambush another cat and mistook my foot for the cat) when I stepped into the kitchen. He realized his mistake quickly enough to get away before I could punt him across the room. I watched him later staring at the other cat in the hallway so I flipped him off and tapped his nose with my middle finger. He's cuddling with me now. Cats are very happy with the doggies gone.

Video from the new owners is pretty bad quality but cute.

The last two days we did 161 yards of carpet with rip up and boatloads of furniture.
I went through one and 1/2 rolls of Koolglide seem tape.
Did I ever mention that carpet sucks 😎
8AE6B7E7-1879-40EB-A42C-F4BF473A28FC.jpeg

Wow! That is a LOT of carpet. I think if we stay here long enough we should get the carpet pulled up and replaced with vinyl plank. They don't make sheet vinyl big enough for the front room-- they barely made carpet big enough-- ended up with at least one seam.. But with the carpet pad underneath and very short carpet, the door still scrapes the carpet. Not sure if it should do that.

Brain is not working and I can't even remember most of what I did today.

The last two days we did 161 yards of carpet with rip up and boatloads of furniture.
I went through one and 1/2 rolls of Koolglide seem tape.
Did I ever mention that carpet sucks 😎View attachment 15025
Charge enough to sooth the pain.
I hope your not at $4.50 per yard.
I'm thinking $22 per yard if I feel like doing this job.
...plus $250,000 for the stairs.

Attachments

• PXL_20220721_042717737.MP~2.jpg
    PXL_20220721_042717737.MP~2.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
......plus tearout.
Not sure why the carpet is being replaced. 20 years old and still looks like new.
.....Christmas in July? 😁
I think this is woven.

Attachments

• PXL_20220714_214310485.jpg
    PXL_20220714_214310485.jpg
    405.9 KB · Views: 21
  • PXL_20220714_214237613.jpg
    PXL_20220714_214237613.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 21
  • PXL_20220714_214230618.jpg
    PXL_20220714_214230618.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 20
  • PXL_20220714_214225776.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220714_214225776.MP.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 23
  • PXL_20220714_214159026.jpg
    PXL_20220714_214159026.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 22
......plus tearout.
Not sure why the carpet is being replaced. 20 years old and still looks like new.
.....Christmas in July? 😁
I think this is woven.
Could be worse. Could have a bullnose that has to be wrapped through all those spindles… I remember in the 70s getting paid 50 cents a yard for rip ups ( no extra for steps) $2.50 a step to install if they were capped, closed steps were free… Stringers were a dollar a foot…Boy was I a stupid kid…

Latest posts

Back