What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got another trailer today. Capped some holes in the subfloor with sheet metal then found my center line and just ran with it. Candy from a baby.
View attachment 15056View attachment 15057View attachment 15058
When the floor gets all done and fixtures are put in place, who trims it out? And how does it get trimmed out, flexible rubber moldings?
A new floor shortly must increase the value on something like that.
If this trailer is rocking then don't bother knocking because CJ's in there doing something.

When the floor gets all done and fixtures are put in place, who trims it out? And how does it get trimmed out, flexible rubber moldings?
A new floor shortly must increase the value on something like that.
If this trailer is rocking then don't bother knocking because CJ's in there doing something.
I remember doing motor homes. What a PITA.

Refilled gas yesterday. Cheap stuff was $3.494.
I made shepherd's pie for Mom. She's still not feeling great. Stomach issues making her nauseous. If it persists I'll have to take her to the doctor. Kitties are low on food in the kitchen (as in, their bowls are not completely full) so they are gathering around and talking to me. All 3 black & white kitties and one of the solid black kitties are in here.

I just had total brainfreeze.

Who is playin Powerball! We harvested the money tree so we can buy tickets tomorrow. We’ll see if that damn tree is lucky or not.

EB68E3A5-AB26-4658-AC56-F15EA8D2BB96.jpeg
11279B20-6EB0-486E-BCCF-A7DC74CF80B2.jpeg

For the trailers I scribe the walls and shoot for net. If im good enough then that’s it. I used rope a couple times around the perimeter. The ‘Mediterranean’ look. Lol A lot of the perimeter will end up being covered by something one way or another so there really isn’t that much exposed edging.

As far as installing the floor, it’s nice to be in there before everything else is done. Things then get built on top of the floor. What is more of a problem is that the trailers flex and bounce all over the place when being towed. So now building things on top of the floor become more of a potential problem for locking the floor in and having it pull apart when the trailer flexes. Nothing gets fastened to the floor itself but that’s no guarantee.

For the trailers I scribe the walls and shoot for net. If im good enough then that’s it. I used rope a couple times around the perimeter. The ‘Mediterranean’ look. Lol A lot of the perimeter will end up being covered by something one way or another so there really isn’t that much exposed edging.

As far as installing the floor, it’s nice to be in there before everything else is done. Things then get built on top of the floor. What is more of a problem is that the trailers flex and bounce all over the place when being towed. So now building things on top of the floor become more of a potential problem for locking the floor in and having it pull apart when the trailer flexes. Nothing gets fastened to the floor itself but that’s no guarantee.

I know a little less than nothing about trailers but considering the movement wouldn’t a glue down commercial plank be a better option?

Who is playin Powerball! We harvested the money tree so we can buy tickets tomorrow. We’ll see if that damn tree is lucky or not.

View attachment 15064View attachment 15063
I calculated one time, that if you stacked all the tickets on edge....
....not end to end.....
...that in each drawing the stack would be 19 miles long.
If you buy on ticket or a thousand, your odds are about the same.
I buy my ticket once a week, sometimes twice..... then deam about how much each of you will get. 😁

I've never bought lottery tickets. I do play scratch offs for free on publisher's clearinghouse. I won $10 once.

Earlier I started hearing weird sort of crackling noises from over near my desktop pc. I was smelling electrical burning as well but didn't see anything. Went to the store, came back, and pc had rebooted. Tried using it and it worked a little but then stuff started shutting down. It froze up. I rebooted but it got stuck at a loading menu. Wouldn't turn off with buttons on the front. Had to flip the power switch off. Let it sit awhile, turned it back on, more crackling sounds and then I saw smoke coming from the APC (power backup). Not sure if my power supply from the PC is causing it or if its the APC. Or both. APC seems to be working for everything else.

Room reeks of the electrical smell and its giving me a headache. I need to figure out if the sound is coming from the APC or from the PC. But I'm tired right now. I hope I can get my pc running long enough to get some data off of it at least.

My bad, it’s Mega Millions that’s the big dollar jackpot. Gonna make a night of it and see if i win 1.1 Billion.

View attachment 15071
Oh crap, you had me scared there for a second I thought the drawing was tonight.😲
I guess I'm going to have to buy me one of them tickets tomorrow.
If I win I'll give everybody a million bucks. If that's not enough go ahead and ask for some more cuz I'll have a bunch that I need to give away.
This is only two people that have posted in the last 24 hours of course because I'm not giving a million dollars to no bots. I'm generous, not stupid....
....well, except for buying the ticket 😁

Speaking of money, my brother ran in to his former boss from Pizza Hut-- the one who defamed him and fired him in retaliation for me reporting the boss to higher ups. He was trying to give my brother financial advice. This is a guy who steals and tries get rich quick schemes. He got over $1mil from his mother's estate when she died & his wife (who married him after he inherited) already blew it all. He's investing in bitcoin. /facepalm.

Bitcoin is so vulnerable to hacking its not even funny. There was an article (that I need to find again) about people who bought a bunch of bitcoin and one day logged in to check their accounts. Page was completely blank except for the word PENIS. Whoever ran the site took all the $ and ran.

Flipped the top on my bench this morning. It’s like getting a whole new bench.

Then 3 o’clock hit and we had to see if we could stack spinners and wind em up.
7BB90851-3CB5-4114-A9AD-3E5B762EFC1B.jpeg
6A52E523-EFCB-49C4-9101-77C7F9AA386D.jpeg

I did some troubleshooting with my computer. Turns out its not the computer. I took a closer look with a flashlight & realized the cats threw up a hairball on the back of the APC and it corroded the port the computer plugged into. After experimenting with a surge protector I found I can plug the computer into the sp and then plug the sp into the APC (in a different port) and it works fine.

I took my friend to the store to get some soup, milk, and tp. He helped me find the lightbulbs and the surge protector. My vision was not cooperating. All the writing was blurry to me. He had run out of stuff he could eat bc he can't have solid food. Store was out of some of the stuff I wanted but I still got a few things. Found some pencils in the school supply section. I'm always running out of pencils (or losing them).

I made yellow rice again and was read to heat up some shrimp scampi for mom but she didn't want any. Stomach is still sour. She had her flu vaccine so I don't know whats making her sick. I still need to clean a lot more though.. Maybe cleaning will rid some bacteria or something.

Woke up early because I had the urge to clean. I went to an area of the house I don't usually go to & noticed a cat crap smell. Looked under the sideboard and there was a huge pile of crap. I filled 3/4 of a 13gallon bag. I'd gone by before when my nose was stuffy so I didn't smell it. I got most of the crud out but I needed to take a break for my back to recover. I'll go back to cleaning after some rest. I need to make sure I don't overdo it or I will crash for the next few days.

Flipped the top on my bench this morning. It’s like getting a whole new bench.

Then 3 o’clock hit and we had to see if we could stack spinners and wind em up.
View attachment 15080View attachment 15079
View attachment 15081
When I see you're videos, they show up on my phone as a 1/2 inch wide strip from top to bottom and the rest of the screen is black, so the part I see is about 20% or less of what I should be seeing.
Do you shrink the video size before loading them?

Latest posts

Back