What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I imagine that paint wouldn't hold up inside the bowl (or even outside) over the years. For some reason that reminded me of a dream I had where there were giant toilet bowls made of wood (but had a shiny epoxy coating) and they were $900 or something. There was a store full of weird toilets and I was trying to find one to use. That's when I woke up and realized my dream was telling me I needed to use the bathroom so I made a run for it. LOL.

I couldn't get to sleep last night and I wanted to be able to use my sink so I started carefully picking stuff up, throwing away trash, cleaning stuff that wasn't trash and putting it either in the vanity, on the windowsill, on the laundry cart, or in the tub. Some stuff I took out of the room and put in the kitchen (I had an old mug and some cat water & food bowls). Vacuumed the counter a bit since the leveling mix spilled on it. I went to move the box of the leveling mix and discovered that it had taken out the crease in the vinyl. So I scooted it over where there was still a crease and am letting it flatten that one out. I got the sink cleared and then I got tired and went to sleep for a bit and woke up this morning and decided to finish what I started. I moved everything to the left side of the counter, cleaned the right side of the counter, dried it, and then I cleaned every object from the left side and either put it away in a drawer, in the laundry cart, window sill, or set it on the right side of the counter. I got everything moved over to the right and then cleaned the left side and moved a few things back over.

It does feel good to have a working bathroom and to not have to go running to Mom's bathroom and worry about not making it in time or someone being in there. I am glad that I got that laundry cart because it is actually serving a purpose. I still need to bring in a plastic bin to put stuff in and put it on to of the laundry cart. I know its still a cluttered mess on the cart, but I will organize that later. I also need to start bringing over my stuff from Mom's bathroom to my bathroom. I don't have a lot in there though. The toothbrush currently on the vanity is one I used for cleaning the vanity and sink. I have my toothbrush, rx toothpaste, and rx mouthwash to bring over. I think my hairbrush is in there as well- and more deodorant. I might bring in a BRITA pitcher from the kitchen.
1663443673506.png1663443748621.png

Even kiln-fired glaze can come off if the cleaning is abrasive enough. I found that out the hard way. LOL. I slept then woke up and cooked. Then slept again. Then got woken by Mom panicking about not being able to find something. She was screaming at me over it and I kept telling her to stop screaming and let me look. She claimed that I had taken it and moved it and I told her I gave it back to her. I asked if she checked inside the end table. She said she had. A few minutes later of her screaming about how she wants to just die and she's going to die without this stuff she finds it inside the end table. She's always been rather melodramatic and she flips out more over minor things than over serious things.
Put leftovers away and napped again. Mom woke me up over something else and I can't remember what now... Oh, she wanted water & I had to go get it out of the truck since my brother never brought it in after being asked for the past few days.
Gonna grab something to eat and then try to sleep.

Nice! I hope you win, Rusty.

Stomach isn't feeling so good this morning. Just had to nearly fight a cat to get my Pepto out of the plastic drawers he's sitting on. He's making the top sink in & the pepto got stuck and he was mad that I disturbed him. LOL. I just petted him and he's climbing on me now so he's not mad anymore.
I'm going to nap until my stomach feels better and then I need to do some cleaning in the kitchen.
Last night I got tired of hurting my hand on the nails the deadbeat tenants left all up in my walls sticking out so I grabbed my claw hammer and yanked a bunch of them out. There are still at least 10 nails still in the walls in various places but they aren't in a spot where I put my hand to steady myself when stumbling around at night. There were at least 10 in the walls in my bathroom. I don't know what they needed that many nails for.

Been planning plumbing for my laundry room still. Frodo had told me that I needed to tie in the washing machine downstream for suds relief code, but apparently that doesn't apply to single-family residential homes and is obsolete with the new washing machines that use soap that doesn't produce suds.

Started cleaning my fugly sink. Barkeeper's friend did not work, but vinegar and baking soda had more effect. Let the paste sit an hour and scrubbed, then did another application and let it sit longer. Power went out for 2 hours so I waited and it got dark. Been going in and scrubbing as much as my hands will let me but have to take breaks. Stuff near the drain is actually somewhat bumpy and I was able to scrape some of it off with a plastic thingy but not all of it. Wondering if pumice stone would damage it. But it's already pretty ugly and the cast iron on the edge is exposed. I need to remove the messy caulk and put on new caulk that isn't so messy.
Before and current:
1663920579761.png1663920558601.png
First pic was taken in daylight and 2nd was at night with flash so that may impact the color.

I cooked rice, did some cleaning, went to the store, served the rice and some shrimp scampi to Mom, ate a salad, & then used some high grit pumice stones to gently scrub inside the sink. I'll take pictures in the daytime because the pictures turn out better in the daylight.

My mat slipped and I saw the ugly red stain on m sheet vinyl and I'm wondering how to get it out. I think it was from the handle of a tool that sat there and got wet. I don't know if it is some sort of paint or dye or what, but it soaked in. I soaked a paper towel in white vinegar and let it sit over the spot for a few hours and then went back to check. No change. I wiped it and scrubbed at it a bit and nothing happened. Any suggestions? (I can take a picture if need be).

Started cleaning my fugly sink. Barkeeper's friend did not work, but vinegar and baking soda had more effect. Let the paste sit an hour and scrubbed, then did another application and let it sit longer. Power went out for 2 hours so I waited and it got dark. Been going in and scrubbing as much as my hands will let me but have to take breaks. Stuff near the drain is actually somewhat bumpy and I was able to scrape some of it off with a plastic thingy but not all of it. Wondering if pumice stone would damage it. But it's already pretty ugly and the cast iron on the edge is exposed. I need to remove the messy caulk and put on new caulk that isn't so messy.
Before and current:
View attachment 15422View attachment 15421
First pic was taken in daylight and 2nd was at night with flash so that may impact the color.
You need a Habitat Restore. New to you sinks probably $15

Latest posts

Back