What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to weigh myself today, 196.4. I haven’t been under 200 pounds in a solid 15 years, basically since I quit smoking.
I weigh about 10 lbs more than I did 10 years ago. Gained that about 3 years ago when I was put on a steroid for a couple months. Just can't seem to lose it. My autistic son had got heavy. A year ago he decided to lose weight. He has lost 110 lbs so far.

Got a message on Facebook from a local cop wanting me to call him, so I did. He found a credit card with my name on it in a car he searched. The card expired in 2009. He said them stealing it was a misdemeanor and he already had them on 2 felony drug charges. I told him just to cut it up.

I weigh about 10 lbs more than I did 10 years ago. Gained that about 3 years ago when I was put on a steroid for a couple months. Just can't seem to lose it. My autistic son had got heavy. A year ago he decided to lose weight. He has lost 110 lbs so far.

Steroids will mess with you for sure and good job for your son, It’s not easy losin weight. Low carb doesn’t work for me because I love eating crap (carbs). I’ve been doing intermittent fasting and damn if it doesn’t work. I’ve lost about 10# a month each month so far and I can still enjoy life. This is how I broke a 48 hour fast today. Had a couple Chicago dogs for dinner and a few more beers after that and I’m good for another 24 hours or so.

42697DBE-010F-4864-9205-196417240353.jpeg

Car should be worth a new or rebuilt engine,
It is. He has a garage door being installed Dec 1st..... $2600+
He just paid his property taxes today.... $2000, and he's rolling in dough as much as I am. SS is his source of income.
The bright side is everything he has is paid off. He's not pulling in $2 grand on SS, so accumulating cash is an uphill struggle.
I'm gonna search for a used engine and tranny. A V8 would drop right in, but it would need a new exhaust system. It might need a different throttle cable..... But it might not.
Might need a new driveshaft or have the current one shortened.
Same unknown with the transmission linkage.
GM has always been engine interchange friendly. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the HEI distributor in this 229 V 6 would drop right in to a 454 big block.
We have time to think.

Here ya go Rusty. This is on the passenger side by the battery box.
Look at the welds that support the upper A-arm bracket. Look at the threads, nuts close up. The car is over 42 years old.
The next image is looking straight down behind the grill. Look at the shims.
Everything on the underside of this car is just as clean, all the way to the rear bumper.
He told me he occasionally takes his jack with him when going to the car wash, so he can jack up one side and clean the underside of the car.
Never seen a car this original and this clean, unless it's been restored. All original. Even the pinstriping is in great condition.
Buffed out by a good detailer, the car would look almost new.
That might be worth doing.

Attachments

• PXL_20221123_020034613.jpg
    PXL_20221123_020034613.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20221123_020108308.jpg
    PXL_20221123_020108308.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20221123_020221639.jpg
    PXL_20221123_020221639.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20221123_020308532.jpg
    PXL_20221123_020308532.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Decided to weigh myself today, 196.4. I haven’t been under 200 pounds in a solid 15 years, basically since I quit smoking.
I've hovered at 214 to 218 for years. I got up to 222 for a brief time, the back to whatever normal is.
205 or 210 would probably be better, but.....
....cake

Got a message on Facebook from a local cop wanting me to call him, so I did. He found a credit card with my name on it in a car he searched. The card expired in 2009. He said them stealing it was a misdemeanor and he already had them on 2 felony drug charges. I told him just to cut it up.
When I was 21 I left mine in a bar 🍺.
Traced my steps back and nobody had turned it in, so I called the bank. Couple months later the bank called and asked if been to Bend recently (that's 200 miles northeast of me)
I said no. Well, she told me the theif bought dinner and left a very generous tip. 😁

My browser crashed when I was trying to post so what I typed was lost.
Highup, I hope your friend's engine can be rebuilt.

My "healthy" weight was 150. I had more muscle when I was younger. Then I turned 30 & my metabolism changed. I started to put on a little more weight but I dislocated my ankle and tore some tendons or something & wasn't able to walk properly for 2 years. That really increased he weight gain. Then I borked my other ankle and injured my back. Developed hypothyroid and insulin resistance. Those individually can cause weight gain. The meds I take also cause weight gain. So I'm pretty much screwed when it comes to weight loss. LOL. Last I checked I was around 220lbs. Probably more right now since I've been having bad fatigue.

I keep busy planning things out. I want to make a kitchen island for my friend. One that can move. He nixed the idea of rollers/casters because his floor is too uneven and stuff will just roll all over. He wants sliders on the bottom. I took inspiration from these plans: Rustic X Small Rolling Kitchen Island | Ana White

I want to make a butcherblock top out of 2x2s, have the drawer on sliders instead of blocks, and make the bottom shelf solid and span the entire width. The side panels behind the Xs would also be full instead of halfway. I made a lumber list and I know I already have some of it lying around. If I have to buy it all it would still be under $100 and it would be better than storebought crap. They wanted $166 + tax for a smaller cart made of particle board/mdf.

My brother just came home from work and I got brain freeze.

My browser crashed when I was trying to post so what I typed was lost.
Highup, I hope your friend's engine can be rebuilt.

My "healthy" weight was 150. I had more muscle when I was younger. Then I turned 30 & my metabolism changed. I started to put on a little more weight but I dislocated my ankle and tore some tendons or something & wasn't able to walk properly for 2 years. That really increased he weight gain. Then I borked my other ankle and injured my back. Developed hypothyroid and insulin resistance. Those individually can cause weight gain. The meds I take also cause weight gain. So I'm pretty much screwed when it comes to weight loss. LOL. Last I checked I was around 220lbs. Probably more right now since I've been having bad fatigue.

I keep busy planning things out. I want to make a kitchen island for my friend. One that can move. He nixed the idea of rollers/casters because his floor is too uneven and stuff will just roll all over. He wants sliders on the bottom. I took inspiration from these plans: Rustic X Small Rolling Kitchen Island | Ana White

I want to make a butcherblock top out of 2x2s, have the drawer on sliders instead of blocks, and make the bottom shelf solid and span the entire width. The side panels behind the Xs would also be full instead of halfway. I made a lumber list and I know I already have some of it lying around. If I have to buy it all it would still be under $100 and it would be better than storebought crap. They wanted $166 + tax for a smaller cart made of particle board/mdf.

My brother just came home from work and I got brain freeze.

Ana White has tons of neat plans for things to build. Great detail to the plans too. I love perusing that site for ideas. I don’t need a dog house but for some reason I really wanna build the crooked dog house. One day.

I weigh in at about 280#. Lucky I'm 6' 6" and carry it well. I would like to loose 20-30 lbs to get rid of a little belly. I don't like to go under 250# though. Then I start looking too skinny for my frame.

I weigh in at about 280#. Lucky I'm 6' 6" and carry it well. I would like to loose 20-30 lbs to get rid of a little belly. I don't like to go under 250# though. Then I start looking too skinny for my frame.

I got some bad news for ya, the belly is the last thing to go. Everybody says they can see it in my face. I notice my legs are skinnier when I sit on the crapper. I’ve already sucked in 6 holes on my belt, 3 holes on my carpenter bags belt. My pants will literally fall off if I don’t wear a belt. But I still have a belly I’m tryin to get rid of. Lol

I got some bad news for ya, the belly is the last thing to go. Everybody says they can see it in my face. I notice my legs are skinnier when I sit on the crapper. I’ve already sucked in 6 holes on my belt, 3 holes on my carpenter bags belt. My pants will literally fall off if I don’t wear a belt. But I still have a belly I’m tryin to get rid of. Lol
You could probably get Richard Simmons workout tapes on eBay. 😁

If I loose too much weight then I start looking like a damn crackhead.
From a kid until my late 20s I was always tall, skinny and lanky. After I put some years into the trade I started to fill out/bulk up. Late 30s my metabolism changed and I started growing a belly.

I wouldn't consider myself over weight. Just have a little belly. It's not a big belly. Just big enough that I don't want to go swimming around the hot chicks. 😂

I'm only 5'5" so weight 220bs is pretty bad. Most of it went on to my belly. Then it spread around my torso. I lost some weight but it was to my bust.
I met Richard Simmons once at an airport. He was very sweet and funny.
Ana White's site is awesome. I love that she has the "brag posts" so people can show what they made and how they changed it.

Friend said bc his floor is so wonky he doesn't want casters. He wants floor slides. Would the plastic ones work on vinyl plank or do we need the kind with felt? I'd think the plastic would dig in and leave marks. I personally would still go with casters but have locking ones.

Latest posts

Back