What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel you on stuff not showing up CJ. The miter saw I ordered on the 4th is still missing. Last known location was Georgia on the 6th.

Got a phone call from Fedex saying that bc their "investigation" into my packages that were misdelivered to someone (probably the neighbor 1/4 mile away) has lasted 72 hours, they are closing it. I described my house and they asked me to see if the packages were there. I said they weren't. They asked if I was home at the delivery time and I was. I told them they should check the neighbor's porch and gave the address. Guy from India either didn't understand or didn't care. Said that only thing to do now was have the sender file a lost package claim. So, I don't think they sent anyone to look for the packages. And if they did then they still took it to the wrong house but there was no photo or update. I wanted them to look for it and see if the neighbors essentially stole it. I think it was 2 packages but am not sure. Only one was in the photo. I wonder if they took it from the trailer and over to the house in the same yard-- if they bothered to go check.

I'm sorely tempted to go over and ask the neighbors even though we don't get along well. Last time a package of theirs was sent to our place by mistake, I took it over to them. But I'm not comfortable going over there and looking around.

Anyway, I passed the message on to HD who claimed that they would NOT file a lost package claim and refund my $. Said that Fedex claimed it was delivered to the correct address. I offered to send them a photo of my porch as proof but they insisted that all they could do was have me do a chargeback and dispute it with CC company and then get a new order and have them give me a discount. They claim they gave me a discount but when I checked they didn't. So, I'm a bit miffed. May contact them via phone instead of chat next time and hope I don't get disconnected.

Meanwhile, I'm taking it easy today. I did go for a very short walk, but other than cooking for Mom and dealing with the package bs, I've been resting.

I need to dremel off the tub repair attempt as it looks like spilled paint. LOL. But from afar it is hard to see.
Large gouge from before the repair attempt:
1684281124173.png
After:
1684281159808.png

I feel you on stuff not showing up CJ. The miter saw I ordered on the 4th is still missing. Last known location was Georgia on the 6th.

Got a phone call from Fedex saying that bc their "investigation" into my packages that were misdelivered to someone (probably the neighbor 1/4 mile away) has lasted 72 hours, they are closing it. I described my house and they asked me to see if the packages were there. I said they weren't. They asked if I was home at the delivery time and I was. I told them they should check the neighbor's porch and gave the address. Guy from India either didn't understand or didn't care. Said that only thing to do now was have the sender file a lost package claim. So, I don't think they sent anyone to look for the packages. And if they did then they still took it to the wrong house but there was no photo or update. I wanted them to look for it and see if the neighbors essentially stole it. I think it was 2 packages but am not sure. Only one was in the photo. I wonder if they took it from the trailer and over to the house in the same yard-- if they bothered to go check.

I'm sorely tempted to go over and ask the neighbors even though we don't get along well. Last time a package of theirs was sent to our place by mistake, I took it over to them. But I'm not comfortable going over there and looking around.

Anyway, I passed the message on to HD who claimed that they would NOT file a lost package claim and refund my $. Said that Fedex claimed it was delivered to the correct address. I offered to send them a photo of my porch as proof but they insisted that all they could do was have me do a chargeback and dispute it with CC company and then get a new order and have them give me a discount. They claim they gave me a discount but when I checked they didn't. So, I'm a bit miffed. May contact them via phone instead of chat next time and hope I don't get disconnected.

Meanwhile, I'm taking it easy today. I did go for a very short walk, but other than cooking for Mom and dealing with the package bs, I've been resting.

I need to dremel off the tub repair attempt as it looks like spilled paint. LOL. But from afar it is hard to see.
Large gouge from before the repair attempt:
View attachment 16966
After:
View attachment 16967
You know they have GPS tracking during deliveries. Ask for it.

It’s never a bad day when you can back right up to the front door, right.

Got done early and came home to a new pair of Keens waiting for me. I usually get the Braddock but these Utilities were $109 in my size so I’m tryin these out.

70601938952__161E256D-05AC-4A20-865A-0438D12B235F.jpeg
IMG_3290.jpeg
IMG_3291.jpeg

I'm going to try to contact Fedex again and tell them that I do NOT accept them closing the case because I still don't have the package and they lied to HD to say it was delivered. I wonder if they picked it up from the trailer in the neighbor's yard and then took it to the house in my neighbor's yard. Or if they even bothered to look for it.

Not sure how to request the gps tracking, but I might ask homedepot to do it for me. Tell them that its going to be difficult to dispute the charge when they won't acknowledge that I didn't get it. If I could get to a live person on Fedex, I would. I can't find a working e-mail for them or a live chat. And now the live chats have AI bots.

The UPS package is somewhere in Mcdonough, GA. They say the label was created but the package was not received at their facility. I just called and got an automated messaging system. Would not let me speak to a live person. Said there is a problem with the package and I need to file a claim for lost package. Ugh.

I restrict the bedroom and a 24 ft long hallway today. Between furniture and everything else I'm ashamed to say my body aches. 🫤
Afterwards I modified a set of Harbor Freight icon hose clamp pliers. Spark plugs boots on my Chevy S10 for a real pain in the ass to pull loose. Many years ago I purchased a set of spark plug pliers but they're so fat you can't open them up enough to grip the spark plug boot.
Anyhow, ICON is the high-end line of Harbor freights hand tools. They're not the cheapo stuff in there are actually very nice and well made tools.
Anyway I've almost never tried to use my spark plug pliers because they just don't sit around the spark plug boot of any vehicle I've owned.
I spent about 20 bucks on a pair of hose pliers from Harbor Freight because it looked like they could be made into pliers to remove spark plug boots.
I used them on some brand new Napa spark plug boots and one of them got a hole cut or torn in it because the pliers are so sharp on the edges. 😖
My fault, not theirs.
Anyway, tonight I use a sanding drum in a Dremel like tool and round it off all the edges on the pliers and then I heated them up, and bent them at a steeper angle to better grab the spark plug boots. I think these suckers are going to work really well.
Heat, .......lots of heat, and a bath in WD-40 to cool them off worked out pretty good. No sharp edges anymore they're all smooth as a babies butt..... Honestly, I don't know what that feels like but people say it all the time. Hopefully parents. 😁
Anywhere here's my sexy new spark plug pliers.

Attachments

• PXL_20230521_045133878.jpg
    PXL_20230521_045133878.jpg
    535.3 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20230521_045125350.jpg
    PXL_20230521_045125350.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20230521_045105991.jpg
    PXL_20230521_045105991.jpg
    1,002.9 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20230521_045054501.jpg
    PXL_20230521_045054501.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
It’s been a couple years since I trimmed up the trees around the driveway. Got a shed being delivered tomorrow so it had to be done. Trimmed up the trees and drug the driveway a few times to smooth it out. Looks better.

Went to the Mexican restaurant down the road for dinner after all that. I had the Texas fajitas. Mmm.

image.jpg

I talked to Fedex and gave them very specific instructions on my package deliveries. On the porch, next to the door. So, where did they put them? Two were on the sidewalk and 3rd was out in the yard & I had to go look for it. I took pictures and sent it to Fedex and they said they would file a complaint.

Went to walmart and grabbed some groceries. Got some food for my friend and some medicine for his kids bc they were throwing up. Got over there and found out he'd taken his daughter to the hospital. She's about to have an emergency appendectomy. Has to be transferred to another hospital though. No competent surgeons at the local one.

After putting groceries away at home I hauled stuff down to the workshop and primed the pvc trim boards. Was going to do the corner pieces but didn't have space to lay them out while the boards were drying. May need a 2nd coat, but my fingertip is numb from the nozzle.

Set up a pet fountain for the cats. Bethesda loves it. Aminatu couldn't figure it out at first and was sticking her paw in the water but then realized how to drink from it. I haven't seen the others drinking from it yet. Temjin wanted to but she didn't want to get slapped by Bethesda (who is a bit of a troll).

I talked to Fedex and gave them very specific instructions on my package deliveries. On the porch, next to the door. So, where did they put them? Two were on the sidewalk and 3rd was out in the yard & I had to go look for it. I took pictures and sent it to Fedex and they said they would file a complaint.
None of your requests will ever get to the driver. Fed Ex is the least expensive delivery service. Their service reflects it.

In what State ? I’m confused, did you leave Arizona and take off your rainbow shades 😜 ( I just listened to the 1969 Mark Lindsay song, it brings back memories at Bustleton swim club)

Anywho C. J. Fill us in on your life changes and why, if you want 😀

The wife n I moved back to NC so we can continue on with the life that we have planned out for ourselves. My brother is in Scottsdale as well as my aunt n uncle live somewhat close by in Phoenix so my old man has some family there to help him out. We’ll make it back to visit but for now I’m glad to be back home.

Speaking of Mark Lindsey, he had a restaurant on Sandy blvd in Portland for a short while. The Mark Lindsey rock n roll cafe. There was a DJ booth right up front and he would DJ live from that booth. The wife n I would go there and have a drink or two and some food. We would play Pass the Pigs on the bar top while we were enjoying ourselves. It closed down maybe a year after it opened. That’s too bad cus I liked that place. Maybe 10 years later I put floors in that very same building because they were turning it into an urgent care.

Shed was delivered today. Looks like I’ve got my project for the next year or so.

70647721277__5FD9C199-6EC0-49FF-9E6A-4A9CFED600EE.jpeg

The wife n I moved back to NC so we can continue on with the life that we have planned out for ourselves. My brother is in Scottsdale as well as my aunt n uncle live somewhat close by in Phoenix so my old man has some family there to help him out. We’ll make it back to visit but for now I’m glad to be back home.

Speaking of Mark Lindsey, he had a restaurant on Sandy blvd in Portland for a short while. The Mark Lindsey rock n roll cafe. There was a DJ booth right up front and he would DJ live from that booth. The wife n I would go there and have a drink or two and some food. We would play Pass the Pigs on the bar top while we were enjoying ourselves. It closed down maybe a year after it opened. That’s too bad cus I liked that place. Maybe 10 years later I put floors in that very same building because they were turning it into an urgent care.

Shed was delivered today. Looks like I’ve got my project for the next year or so.

View attachment 16989

Latest posts

Back