What finish is this? What should I use to polish?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxBlank

Hi all,

Just bought a new place and it has a nice jatoba wood floor, but the current owner is uncertain what the finish is. I have included pics from the inspection (therefore they all have scratches). If any of you can venture a guess as to what the finish would be on this, and what the best product to polish it and work out those scratches, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Max

Attachments

• hwfloor.png
    hwfloor.png
    367.7 KB · Views: 128
Hi all,

Just bought a new place and it has a nice jatoba wood floor, but the current owner is uncertain what the finish is. I have included pics from the inspection (therefore they all have scratches). If any of you can venture a guess as to what the finish would be on this, and what the best product to polish it and work out those scratches, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Max
Hi. Looks like prefinished semi gloss on an engineered hardwood floor. Also looks like there's damage that's through the finish in some spots and in that case just maintain it and don't do anything to it. As far as polish goes, with semi gloss to high gloss floors, stay away from waxes and polishes. Polishes have wax and will dull them instantly. Just use a semi damp micro fiber mop for smudges and grime and immediately buff out with a second DRY micro fiber mop. That's it. It will take time but after a few routines of this you'll notice them getting nicer.

Latest posts

Back