What have you found underneath old floor covering

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honey bees..............
I took the rest of the day off.:D
Told the lady she had some 'issues' to deal with upstairs. Thousands and thousands of 'issues'
Later she told me they got over 20lbs of honey from under the floor. She called a bee keeper to remove them.

A couple grand under a stair runner, also GM stocks under another runner, and a old newspaper [30's]that was under lino back in the late 60's that said shots fired at a big wig in my home town when he was a teenager or late teens for stealing a car. My boss was not happy about it that I kept it. I think I still got it.
Also found a guys wallet from the mill in a roll of new carpet. Sent it back to him, never heard nothing. :machine gun:
The Stocks and money one, when I handed to their wives they both said I knew they were hiding money somewhere. The husbands were deceased. No tip there either.

Daris

Last edited:
I pulled the old carpeting in an old relative's house, and found $2 mil in gold mine shares, issued in 1924. Since I was the sole beneficiary, I thought I was going to be "moving on up, to the east side!" I gave them to my banker to deposit and found out that company went bankrupt in the stock market crash of 1929.

Strange thing is that this company still exists, and one of these days I will find an attorney who will challenge their so called "bankruptcy" and get my rightful money.

https://www.google.com/finance?cid=715154

When I was an apprentice, (early 80's) we pulled up some old carpet and found an entire Dallas morning news spread out on the pad. It was dated the day after JFK was shot. The installer showed it to the home owner who kept it.

Mike

I forgot. When I was doing public housing, we would find drug needles pushed up under the stair carpet. Kept latex gloves just for that.

Wasn't worried about getting stuck, always pulled it up with pliars. Just used them to carefully throw the needles in the trash.
One more thing. First time I found some, I stupidly told management. They put me on hold while we waited for the police. Just a waste of my time. After that, I just threw them in the trash. (the trash was picked up with a machine so I wasn't worried about the trash guy getting stuck)

The only thing of value was an old baby stair tool. The lady told the company that installed it there was a lump under the carpet but then she didn't want her carpet pulled back so I got it. I wonder if they beat on the lump.

I helped a friend when he was fixing up his house. Nothing valuable under the floor, but I found the subfloor amusing.
It was this weird floral print wall panel.
976671_10151417503820168_1031491245_o.jpg

They actually made flooring that looked like *that*? Ugh. It's almost worse than the trend of having pink fixtures in bathrooms along with fuzzy pink covers for the fixtures and pink carpet on the floor.

Found this a couple months ago. Stairs were carpeted before owner bought the house 10 years ago.

Attachments

• 20210625_080427.jpg
    20210625_080427.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 86
  • 20210625_080416.jpg
    20210625_080416.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 90

Latest posts

Back