What is your estimate of top gas price in your area?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sanctions that were announced today are really more for political show than anything. The oil companies here in the U.S. had already stopped accepting Russian oil over a week ago. In other words, they've been self-sanctioning already nearly since the war began. The governments sanctions have just made it law. The reason Shell got blasted in the media is because they were the only ones still buying Russian oil. That's why the prices are already up at the pumps prior to the sanctioning because it's already impacting supply here in the U.S. It's already been to the point that the off loaders at the ports wouldn't even touch the Russian ships even if the oil company said they would take the oil. Again, all prior to any government sanctions. He just wants you to believe that he has any kind of control over this when actuality he has very little impact on fuel prices. Even releasing oil from the U.S. oil reserves will have very little to no impact on the cost of gas and diesel.

I don't disagree with the sentiment that gas and diesel will continue to rise but it will have more to do with the media hype, oil speculation in the future's market, the greed of the oil companies capitalizing on a panicked market, and the idiots who will start to hoard rather than any real shortage.

Energy industry representatives pushed back on a comment from White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki Monday regarding unused oil and gas leases, accusing the Biden administration spokesperson of misleading Americans with a "red herring."

"This represents a fundamental misunderstanding as to how this process works," American Petroleum Institute (API) president and CEO Mike Sommers told FOX Business when asked about Psaki's comments. "Once you lease land there is a whole process that you have to go through. First you have to actually discover whether actually there is oil and gas in that land. Second of all, you have to get a permit to actually develop that land."

Sommers added: "Right now we actually are developing more leases than we have in two decades so the White House certainly doesn't have their facts straight on this."

Energy Workforce and Technology Council CEO Leslie Beyer similarly said "some permits are viable and some are not," as a reason for why many are sitting unused. The federal leasing moratorium also isn't helpful in the current energy environment, she said.

Was $3.99 for regular when I filled up Sunday. Driving home today I saw it was $4.39 to $4.69 depending on what gas station. Not sure how high it will go but it’s gonna go higher for sure. I run super in my van so that’s just gonna be an extra kick in the nutz for sure.

The sanctions that were announced today are really more for political show than anything. The oil companies here in the U.S. had already stopped accepting Russian oil over a week ago. In other words, they've been self-sanctioning already nearly since the war began. The governments sanctions have just made it law. The reason Shell got blasted in the media is because they were the only ones still buying Russian oil. That's why the prices are already up at the pumps prior to the sanctioning because it's already impacting supply here in the U.S. It's already been to the point that the off loaders at the ports wouldn't even touch the Russian ships even if the oil company said they would take the oil. Again, all prior to any government sanctions. He just wants you to believe that he has any kind of control over this when actuality he has very little impact on fuel prices. Even releasing oil from the U.S. oil reserves will have very little to no impact on the cost of gas and diesel.

I don't disagree with the sentiment that gas and diesel will continue to rise but it will have more to do with the media hype, oil speculation in the future's market, the greed of the oil companies capitalizing on a panicked market, and the idiots who will start to hoard rather than any real shortage.
So stupid to give out the equivalent of a one or two days supply of oil and then we'll have to replenish the supply at what price, simply for a soon to be forgotten feel good moment?
It's stupid to release the reserves.

Last edited:
Was $3.99 for regular when I filled up Sunday. Driving home today I saw it was $4.39 to $4.69 depending on what gas station. Not sure how high it will go but it’s gonna go higher for sure. I run super in my van so that’s just gonna be an extra kick in the nutz for sure.
What ya got under the hood a 426 Hemi Wedge with 11.5:1 and a cross ram?
These days sniffers and computers adjust the timing and fuel make it happner to whatever octain you put in em.

How come it didn't make the news.
Well buddy I guess you're the news now the only source we can trust.
I'm glad you brought that up otherwise I would never have heard about it.
https://www.ship-technology.com/news/industry-news/us-dockers-refuse-to-work-on-russian-ships/

528k and still rollin.

I was lookin at new vans the other day and saw some I liked for around 50k. I paid less than that for my house so there’s no way I’m buyin a new van. Oil change and tire rotation and I’m good for another 5000 miles.

lf million miles. Super makes a difference.
I ran a tank I was super through my old 73 stepside. The idle appeared to be a tad smoother. That of course had a Quadrajet on it and no computer.
Tried it in my throttle bodied S10 and I couldn't tell any difference.
That looks to be about $8 difference per fill up. Notta gonna happen with me.

gas pump.jpg

I ran a tank I was super through my old 73 stepside. The idle appeared to be a tad smoother. That of course had a Quadrajet on it and no computer.
Tried it in my throttle bodied S10 and I couldn't tell any difference.
That looks to be about $8 difference per fill up. Notta gonna happen with me.

I figure the money I save by drinkin cheap beer makes up for the extra I spend in gas.

Latest posts

Back