What is your estimate of top gas price in your area?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine isn't that pretty, but I have a 1994 blue E 150 with 230,000. I would trust to drive it anywhere.

I’ve had a couple Chevy’s throughout the years, nice ones too, but there’s something about a Ford that is just comfortable to drive. The switches are in the right places? Maybe it’s the armrest. Who knows but they just feel comfy. And when you put some weight in the back they smooth right out and quiet down too. Funny how that works. I will admit I had one Ford, ‘80 something with a 302, and that thing was a POS that couldn’t even get out of its own way. I wanted to drive that thing off a cliff with my ex wife in it. Took me a few years to buy another Ford after that but my last 4 vehicles (3 vans and one truck) have been Fords.

Does that make me a Ford guy, don’t know but I sure wouldn’t kick a Duramax with an Allison transmission behind it outta bed.

I always used Fords because in the 70s-80s, a Ford was 12' 3" from doghouse to rear door inside. A Chevy was 11' 10", a Dodge was 11' 6". I did not want to put the carpet up on the dash or leave the back doors open.

I did have an E150 with the 4.6. That’s thing was pretty peppy until you started to load it up with tools and materials. I used to get 19 or 20 mpg empty. Dropped down to 14ish when loaded which is about what I get out of my 5.4. Best I’ve ever seen out of my current van is 17 mpg coming down the back side of the Rockies.

I did have an E150 with the 4.6. That’s thing was pretty peppy until you started to load it up with tools and materials. I used to get 19 or 20 mpg empty. Dropped down to 14ish when loaded which is about what I get out of my 5.4. Best I’ve ever seen out of my current van is 17 mpg coming down the back side of the Rockies.
That's what I have in my Ford van, but the block has cracks.
That's the same engine they put in UPS trucks. Not a race engine, just a good puller and from what I read, they are almost indestructible.

I’ve seen a couple F350 Tremors lately. The 6.7 is supposed to have 1050 pounds of torque and a 10 speed tranny. Talked to the owner of one and he says if he stomps on it on the freeway, it will smoke the tires. That’s crazy like Hellcat crazy. I’d be buying tires all the time.

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Oil prices fell on Sunday at the start of the session, extending last week's decline, as a U.S. official said Russia was showing signs it might be willing to have substantive negotiations over Ukraine.

Brent crude futures fell $1.82, or 1.6%, to $110.85 a barrel by 6:47 p.m. ET (2247 GMT). WTI crude futures fell $2.41, or 2.2%, to $106.92 a barrel.

Russia's invasion of Ukraine in late February, which Moscow calls a "special operation," has roiled energy markets globally. Brent last week was down 4.8% after hitting $139.13 on March 7. U.S. crude recorded a weekly drop of 5.7% after touching a high of $130.50 on March 7. Both contracts last touched those price peaks in 2008. [O/R]

The price of oil has dropped $25 per barrel over the last week, yet gas hasn't dropped at all.

to go cup.jpg

One station dropped 1 cent here.
One here dropped 2 cents to $3.77. Station closest to me dropped 12 cents to $3.67 and near work dropped a dime to $3.89. All are a joke.

NYMEX RBOB Gasoline for April is down 20 cents at $2.96 so far this morning.

Latest posts

Back