What to do with concrete garage floor under old tile.

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrmarcdee

I just ripped the tile off of my garage floor. The original tile was very old. The concrete underneath now has a checkerboard stained pattern from where the tile was. I want to clean the concrete and apply a protective stain/paint/seal to it. I also want it to be cheap.

So what products do I use to clean it, and what should I use to seal it? I've read a little about different stains and paints and coatings, but not anything about how to clean the floor.

Thanks,
Marc

Many of the garage floor coating kits come with a cleaner made from citrus acid, since it doesn't kill your plants and is safer. I also like muriatic acid since it does a better job.

Go to a local big box store and pick up this epoxy garage floor paint...you won't be disappointed.

Here are a few pics after I completed my garage floor.

039.jpg

035.jpg

Last edited:
I would suggest you not to use citric acid as a cleaner as I have read elsewhere that they can damage concrete. Some organic floor cleaners can be used to clean the floor. Also you can use epoxy coating for garage flooring. You can use epoxy coating for garage flooring as it will keep your concrete floor from further staining. There are also many other benefits for epoxy coating.

Latest posts

Back