Where should we start laying our floor

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark

I'm a DIYer and looking for some advice on where to start laying our engineered floor. The flooring will be installed in our foyer and into our larger space where the office and dining room are together. I'll be laying 5" wide x 1/2 " thick flooring (will be adding a 1/4" plywood subfloor on top of current subfloor). I'm not sure where to start installing at as there is a foyer that has stairs that go to basement. Should I start laying the stair nose (that goes to basement) and work my way towards the office/dining room or should I start in the office, towards the front door and towards the basement door?

I understand that it's recommended to lay wood flooring across the floor joists but we made the decision to add 1/4" plywood so that we can lay same direction as joists due to the office/dining room we are wanting to make use of the long boards.

I have attached a few pictures of what the layout looks like.

Thx in advance for any advice given.

download.jpg

Welcome to the site, Mark. How thick is the original subfloor and what is it....plywood or OSB? I can't get the images to load fully so I can't tell. How wide is the joist spacing?

Latest posts

Back