Which brand of laminate is best

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Picciani

I’ve been looking at forum posts for a couple weeks as well as reading and watching YouTube video reviews. I bought a new house in November. It has grey/brown carpet with lots of pet stains. Laminate seems to make sense. My choices have narrowed to Quick-Step or one of the upper end Pergo products, Max, XP, or, Outlast. I need some water resistance because the room has a patio door to the deck. And I have a dog. The other concern is my 280 lb. Lazyboy power reclining couch. Dollies or sliding pads?

Thanks.

download.jpg

Floorist, My neighbor has had Pergo for 6 years without issue. He's dropped stuff and has 3 dogs that go all over the floor. He says it's virtually indestructible. I'm really looking at the Outlast version. And I'm still doing the research. I'm like that. I like to know what I'm getting into. The biggest obstacle is that 300 lb couch. Got sliders but still gonna take some muscle to get stuff moved. I have a guy I can hire though.

The higher quality stuff can last for 20+ years and it's nearly bulletproof. The cheap stuff isn't worth the paper it's made of.
Sliding pads, the felt type would be a good idea.

Last edited:
Quickstep has the best locking mechanism IMO and since Mohawk bought Quickstep they bought into the UNICLIC locking mechanism, and also on some Pergo now me thinks. Been doing boatloads of clic vinyl plank lately along with some glue down vinyl plank, 100% water proof.

Latest posts

Back