Wicanders cork floor installation

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
A guy called and said he has some Wicanders cork flooring with a vinyl backing. I found this link and wonder if anyone has installed this product. I was just trying to help him so he could install it himself, but I'm not sure that he really wants to do it himself.
Here's the installation link.
http://www.wicanders.com/xms/files/...N/Wicanders_Glue-Down_Floors_Instructions.pdf

It says the backing is PVC. The instructions for this are on page 6. Is there another adhesive that will work for PVC backings, or does he need to order the Wicander 336 adhesive?

A guy called and said he has some Wicanders cork flooring with a vinyl backing. I found this link and wonder if anyone has installed this product. I was just trying to help him so he could install it himself, but I'm not sure that he really wants to do it himself.
Here's the installation link.
http://www.wicanders.com/xms/files/...N/Wicanders_Glue-Down_Floors_Instructions.pdf

It says the backing is PVC. The instructions for this are on page 6. Is there another adhesive that will work for PVC backings, or does he need to order the Wicander 336 adhesive?

Years ago that cork was here and a latex type glue was recommended but all the tiles got larger due to too much moisture in the latex glue and all the tiles popped. There was no way a new cork tile would fit into the hole which was left without having to cut the tile. Also I would think that the latex glue would react with the plastic backing of the cork, probably couldn't get acrylic type glues those days but if the tiles were left long enough they would probually have gone slimy. I seem to remember that all Wicanders Cork got replaced by the supplier here due to him recommending the wrong glue
These were the days before internet to check things out in far away places like New Zealand and having to rely on post to try to find out problems
Stick with the glue manufacturers recommend

Last edited:
Velly, velly intelesting.........................
I never knew cork was an animal. I'll tell him to get the mfg's adhesive fer sure.

Velly, velly intelesting.........................
I never knew cork was an animal. I'll tell him to get the mfg's adhesive fer sure.

The moisture from some latex type glues was causing problems with the natural, ordinary cork thats one of the reasons some cork suppliers here have changed to using a water bourne contact glue

We used to use regular contact adhesive back in the 70's & 80's. Talk about a buzzzzzzz.

I used some acrylic adhesive some dumbo cork place spec's, had to roll it a hundred times to get the corners down. Never do that again.

Latest posts

Back