Wilsonart laminate fooring

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can do a few plank repairs and pay for that iron easy and never touch carpet. I get 250 first plank then 75 each after.

Tape is pricey too. Roland gave me the one I have. Cannot beat it for repairs on carpet. Local store owner gave me a roll of tape. His guy did not like the Kool Glide, so they sent it back.

Is that the first gen one? I think thats the one he sent me to test out. The iron and tape had a few quirks but they worked it out. Plus I let them know they needed a glue stick made out if the same formula. They sent me a pack of new glue sticks for my review.

Last edited:
dor dot dot ... that said I'd rarely use it for regular crapet mostly because i never do that.
Sure it is easy doing a naildown or glue down plank repair, but a floater, not as easy. Even with the new double faced hardwood tape.
The repair I've been asked to do is definitely a repair that's closer to the far side of the local universe. ........or, ..........just difficult. ;)
If it was my own place, I'd just go at it with my plan in hand and live with whatever results I ended up with. Customers however, pretty much expect magic because of their flooring ignorance and they don't fully understand the nature of a "repair".
My repair is a bit scary because of a couple of issues............... The only repair material the customer has are two stair treads that match this flooring. I need to re-shape the stair treads into sections of flooring planks to fill in the missing flooring planks.
I hope the stair tread material is exactly the same thickness as the flooring material itself. That will eliminate one issue. For now, I'll assume they are.
I'm gonna have to experiment with a similar type of flooring to see how my procedures work because as mentioned earlier, I only have two stair treads to both play with and to perform the actual repair............. not a lot of experimenting is possible with such a limited amount of repair material.
I feel like space shuttle astronaut Story Musgrave ...but with a few less billions dollars at risk. :D
Anything will look better then a tripping hazard.

Last edited:
Is that the first gen one? I think thats the one he sent me to test out. The iron and tape had a few quirks but they worked it out. Plus I let them know they needed a glue stick made out if the same formula. They sent me a pack of new glue sticks for my review.

It is one they had used for teaching. I have had it for years now.

The utility tape has a paper backing you peel off.
That side sticks down to the substrate. I have used it for a floating repair. You just don’t peel off the paper.
Through Carpet One I can get a Koolglide Pro or Pro-W for $390
For $499 they have a kit with a pro tool, Teflon seam board,2 rolls of tape, seam sealing glue gun, glue-sticks, and a UV inspection light.

Latest posts

Back