Wind shake?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
Any idea what caused this? Looks like this tree was in an area too protected to be caused by wind. Can lightening do this? This was a long time ago, and didn't take other photos, but I recall even back then, there seemed to be no obvious visible explanation. Looked like the tree just exploded.

Shattered fir tree cc_filtered Neat Image 1000.jpg

NOT windshake. Looks like damage I've seen from lightening.

Windshake is a separation between the annual growth rings.

logs 003 edited.jpg

The title was my attempt at humor, but I forgot the :D Thanks for the photo, because I forgot exactly what it was. Have you ever dated a tree back to a major storm by counting the growth rings? ....like a major storm that winter and how high the winds got.

I was on top of one of the highest points in the northern most Siskiyou's east of Gold Beach one fall day. I was walking in a thicket of tall skinny fir trees beside a clearing. I noticed a 20+ foot long strip of bark laying flat out on the ground. It was like someone just took a huge draw knife, peeled the bark and layed it neatly on the ground. Had to be lightning, but the first time I had seen something like that.

Latest posts

Back