Windows Vista Home

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
I found out from her son, that her husband had passed away a couple weeks ago. Very neat lady. I met her first when I installed some Pergo Original........... that's been a while, huh?
I've been invited many times over the years to stop in ....coffee is always on she says. I was invited over last Christmas for dinner and it was just them and her kids. Pretty casual event.
Long story short, I stopped by tonight around 4:30 to give her a card and chit chat for a while........... 3 1/2 hours worth. I should stop by more often..... I have a guilt complex about NOT stopping by enough. I'm a nice guy, but have a hard time prioritizing. :eek:
Anyhow, before I left, I found that she wanted to give me her old confuzer..... her sons bought her a fancy touch screen computer system.
Her son supposedly copied all her photos onto a couple of flash drives, but she's not sure or confident he got everything. I guess that's my new job.............. scanning through the computer to find out if he left any stuff worth saving. Once done, I can format the computer. She said one of her sons had planned to install windows 7 on it. I'm thinking that would be kinda neat.
The computer is a Dell Inspiron 537 not 537s Date on the confuzer is mid 2009.
64 bit
Celeron 450 @ 2.20
2gb ram
It has 4 usb ports on the back side and 2 in the front.
I don't recall Vista being a bragging point, but the price is right. It even has a modem for my dialup. :D
WD Blue 320GB 7200rpm HD
Will this be a decent enough setup to replace my XP system, with it's failing HD or processor?
Is it worth asking if her son might still be willing to install W-7?
The entire system was repackaged into it's original plastic bags. It's in like new condition. Monitor, cables, everything.

I never have heard anything good about Vista.

This is something her son was going to do for her.. I have no clue how he planned to do it.
Right now after looking through the photo, and video collections she has......... there are duplicates all over saved by different methods and a most isn't organized very well. I think she'd be better off using this HD as a slave in her newer confuzer. It would be a nightmare unloading what she has saved and to be sure nothing important was left hiding in a dark corner. It's mostly family, baby, wedding stuff. There's music on there too.
I plugged it in and set up a connection but it wouldn't connect.

Latest posts

Back