wine stain

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maryshopper

My mother spilled a whole bottle of wine on her light color Berber carpet. I used wine remover to remove stain. It removed stain but know the carpet is lighter in that one area. Would it help to have it steamed cleaned? I have a big remnant left over, could a professional cut the stain out and install remnant of berber carpet. She is getting ready to put up for sale and I don't want her to invest in new carpet.

I think I'd have it cleaned first and see if the color gets closer to the rest of the room. a patch is the last resort. I just read on line today that the clear Windex is good for wine stains. I have never tried it so if you do please post how it turned out.

Daris

Thanks, A friend told me berber carpet is the hardest to patch. Is that true?

Depends on the technician. It takes longer yes, but can be done. If it's a high traffic area a patch using a new piece will stand out. If it's going on the market I suggest cleaning like the others did. Especially if there's any type of pattern to match in a patch attempt.
Here's a berber I had to patch today. But I charge more for difficulty. If it's similar, maybe compare costs of cleaning/patching.

IMG_0310.jpg

Last edited:
I think that patch matches up nicely----with a different carpet. Tell me that isn't the patch, they aren't even the same carpet.

Daris

Haha no Daris that's a piece sitting in the driveway, put on your glasses.

You are patching the driveway, with carpet? :eek::D

Oh goodness me...you old guys need new glasses. I was just trying to give an example of a berber with a pattern. That one today was difficult. Like doing jagerbombs trying to decifer.

Are you saying, no yelling that I would patch white carpet with a piece of rug like that and post a pic?

Ok now I'm also sure you need a new hobby along with maybe another layer of lens.

Are you saying, no yelling that I would patch white carpet with a piece of rug like that and post a pic?

Ok now I'm also sure you need a new hobby along with maybe another layer of lens.
I think we were assuming a repair instead of a photo of the repair material........ to be honest, it was a bit confusing. I couldn't tell it was concrete around the edges either.
.............and either way, I do need new glasses. :D

I think we were assuming a repair instead of a photo of the repair material........ to be honest, it was a bit confusing. I couldn't tell it was concrete around the edges either.

Just get a pair at Rite Aide or one of those stores that sell the cheaters like everyone else does. Not me, I had to pay the big bucks.

Daris

Ah I see. I wasn't trying to compare patch work with fellow installers. Just trying to help the OP with the question about patching berber by simply posting an example directly to her post of material that can be difficult to patch. It wasn't in the pro forum, so thought I'd try and help out, being called out in CAPS surprised me. Explaining a white driveway..well what can I say..it's a frikin driveway in Kansas Daris, sorry if even blowing it up didn't seem so to you. I'll let you pros do your thing with any questions from now on. Hope the windex thing works for the OP.

Ah I see. I wasn't trying to compare patch work with fellow installers. Just trying to help the OP with the question about patching berber by simply posting an example directly to her post of material that can be difficult to patch. It wasn't in the pro forum, so thought I'd try and help out, being called out in CAPS surprised me. Explaining a white driveway..well what can I say..it's a frikin driveway in Kansas Daris, sorry if even blowing it up didn't seem so to you. I'll let you pros do your thing with any questions from now on. Hope the windex thing works for the OP.
See how slow I catch on?
............they make a pill to correct this affliction, .....don't they?

Just get a pair at Rite Aide or one of those stores that sell the cheaters like everyone else does. Not me, I had to pay the big bucks.

Daris
I can see fine close up............. I take my glasses off if I'm closer than a foot and a half to what I'm looking at, ........seams, news papers, women with fuses. :D
I need an eye exam and the big bucks glasses too.

Thank you everyone for your help. I had the carpets cleaned yesterday and the discoloration from wine out went away. No need to patch the berber carpet.

Yes, they pre-treated the stain. How do you get the indentions from the furniture that was in the room out of the berber carpet?

Latest posts

Back