Winter weather

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
We've been having unusually warm weather so far this season. Here on the Oregon coast we rarely get super cold tho we can get in to the low 30's sometimes starting as early as October. I suppose right now a "normal" high and low would be close to 50 and 40............ our daily temperatures don't vary a lot, meaning that if we drop into the upper 20's during a cold spell, the highs that day would only get into the upper 30's to low 40's, a 10 to 15 degree spread.

Back to the unseasonably warm weather. for the next few days, highs and lows will be between 61 and 54, but the rain and wind are coming along to add some fun.
Here's a national weather service graph of the temperatures, wind and rain forecast for Port Orford, 50 miles straight down the coast from me.
Their wind will be steady at 30 to 58 mph with gusts at 60 to 79mph. Ours are supposed to be about 1/2 that much.
Here's the weather graph for Port Orford this week. Their gonna get hammered, we're just going to get wet.

Port Orford wind  National Weather Service.jpg

Last edited:
YYYep. We got that wind too. Just not a strong. 50's maybe. I did have to go out and move some vehicles due to tree limbs falling. That was a hell of a front. It's looking like the drought is over here for now. We're getting lots of rain and loving it.

Patty and I will be over there for a few days in four weeks High, so do your magic for us again.:D

Best I can do in January is sunny and 51 degrees............. I'll give it a whirl.
We got winds up to about 35 or so and a few gusts in the mid 40's. Real showery with dark sky's and heavy rain then sun and no rain.
I woke up yesterday morning about 4:30am because it got noisy and gusty all f the sudden. Walked outside and it was warm. I checked the thermometer and it was 65.9 degrees. By 10 am it was down to 59............ real weird for December.

Last edited:
Best I can do in January is sunny and 51 degrees............. I'll give it a whirl.
We got winds up to about 35 or so and a few gusts in the mid 40's. Real showery with dark sky's and heavy rain then sun and no rain.
I woke up yesterday morning about 4:30am because it got noisy and gusty all f the sudden. Walked outside and it was warm. I checked the thermometer and it was 65.9 degrees. By 10 am it was down to 59............ real weird for December.

Sunny and 51.....we'll take it.:)

This storm kinda swooped out of the south for the latter part, pushing some of that warm air up with it, but right beside it is some of that cooler air coming from the north. We're suppose to have snow tonight down to 3500, which is about right for this time of Dec.

Nick, I've never known you to dig any wells. Since I've never met any female well diggers, I was just wondering how........nevermind.

Just read this on the weather channel for our area. Our lowest temperatures at night are higher than the normal daytime temperatures averages for this time of the year. We are in the 40's at night and 50's during the day. Get this- calling for rain the next couple of days. Woo Hoo !!

Daris

Its meant to be Summer here

Today

Showers, with isolated thunderstorms and localised downpours, easing this evening. Gusty north easterlies easing.

Issued: 4:57pm 17 Dec

24?C
High
17?C
Overnight

Tomorrow

Mostly cloudy, with patchy drizzle in the morning. North westerlies dying out.

Issued: 4:57pm 17 Dec

23?C
High
14?C
Overnight

Friday 19

Cloudy periods and a few morning and evening showers.Northeasterlies developing.

Issued: 2:19pm 17 Dec

25?C
High
15?C
Overnight

Patty and I will be over there for a few days in four weeks High, so do your magic for us again.:D

Winter arrived here on the coast Darol. No precip, but getting cooler. 30 this morning, 24 tomorrow morning and 22 Wednesday morning. Here on the coast, 22 is getting a wee bit below normal. Normal lows here would probably be closer to 35.
Inland about 150 miles east of me this morning everyone was averaging 4 to 10 degrees, with a couple of below zeros in the Sisters area. I suspect there's gonna be a lot more below zeros over there for the next two or three days. Brrrrr! I suspect the Canadians are behind this attack. ;)

When are you heading westwards? I'm still trying for 51, and hope I didn't go dyslexic and type 15 into the magic weather machine. 'cause once I set the dial, it's hard to change in short notice. :eek:

Hows everyone's winter weather shaping up? ...............global warming or normal?

Latest posts

Back