Winter weather

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When are you heading westwards? I'm still trying for 51, and hope I didn't go dyslexic and type 15 into the magic weather machine. 'cause once I set the dial, it's hard to change in short notice. :eek:

Hows everyone's winter weather shaping up? ...............global warming or normal?

They're calling for 10 here tonight. That's cold enough for me. We're headed over to Brookings on the 24th for a few days. Hope your machine works for us. Anything but rain and we'll be dandy. Here comes old man winter.

our night time temps have been higher than the average daytime temps for this time of year. We are in a cool down now, going to 19 tonight I guess. Big snow this weekend. I haven't even check to see if my snow blower will start yet. Better get my ass in gear tomorrow, maybe.

Daris

Had my blower serviced in the summer , also put the rubber pads on the paddles to keep the blower from clogging with the wet , heavy snow we seem to get .

our night time temps have been higher than the average daytime temps for this time of year. We are in a cool down now, going to 19 tonight I guess. Big snow this weekend. I haven't even check to see if my snow blower will start yet. Better get my ass in gear tomorrow, maybe.

Daris
Do you run gas without moonshine in it? Everyone around here uses non alcohol gas in their boats, mowers and weed eaters. That moonshine deteriorates the gas really fast.

Nope, no moonshine. Never had tried the stuff either in the gas or myself. I have heard though that it is cheaper that you get 1/2 the mileage and it can screw up you car.
Gas here is like 1.75.
We get credit here from Kroger. $100=.10. Sometimes they run 4x the points. Then we may buy a bunch of gift cards to rack up the points. Like we are thinking of going to Vegas on Southwest so its time to buy their gift card but at the moment it is just at regular points. Crap!!!

Daris

Last edited:
Probably been posted before but

1488243_10152070443370169_1566251660_n.jpg

Nope, no moonshine. Never had tried the stuff either in the gas or myself. I have heard though that it is cheaper that you get 1/2 the mileage and it can screw up you car.
Gas here is like 1.75.
We get credit here from Kroger. $100=.10. Sometimes they run 4x the points. Then we may buy a bunch of gift cards to rack up the points. Like we are thinking of going to Vegas on Southwest so its time to buy their gift card but at the moment it is just at regular points. Crap!!!

Daris
Our wonderful legislature decided many years ago that to save the environment, it needed to be mandatory that we have "clean" fuel in all of the gas stations. There are a couple of stations that can now sell supreme gas with no moonshine in it. That came about because it was wrecking havoc in boat engines. Out on the water, especially in the bay or ocean, you don't want engine trouble. It's also terrible in weed eaters, lawn mowers and any small engine. In my pickup, I dropped close to a mile per gallon because of it. :rolleyes: You are lucky.

Last edited:
Most of the stations here sell gas that is 10% alcohol. This was done for the farm vote. It is bad for the valves in older cars and lowers gas mileage. And it takes more energy to produce the alcohol than you get when you burn it. A local biodiesel plant has gone bankrupt twice in the last 10 years.

Our wonderful legislature decided many years ago that to save the environment, it needed to be mandatory that we have "clean" fuel in all of the gas stations. There are a couple of stations that can now sell supreme gas with no moonshine in it. That came about because it was wrecking havoc in boat engines. Out on the water, especially in the bay or ocean, you don't want engine trouble. It's also terrible in weed eaters, lawn mowers and any small engine. In my pickup, I dropped close to a mile per gallon because of it. :rolleyes: You are lucky.

They did the same here. Ten percent ethanol blend. Some stations advertise straight gas premium grade. Our local marina sells straight gas. It usually runs about $0.75 higher than in town, but I use it for all my small engine stuff. Never have any problems.

A lot of the problems people have with their chain saws, weed eaters, mowers, etc are due to fuel line failure. Ethanol eats up the plastic lines.

Latest posts

Back