Woodshop

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
My in-laws brought me a recliner to fix, so first I had to clean out my shop. In the process, I fixed 3 other pieces of furniture that I had put in there until I got time. Didn't realize how much I missed working in there. I have to start making furniture again. Anyone else build wood stuff?

I've made quite a few items. Some of my favorites were end tables and matching coffee table with a slate top to match my entertainment center, and an end table-dog cage which match my Mission Oak style bedroom set. I love working with wood and as a matter of fact, just built a 70' long 6' fence at my gf's house today.

I like making and smelling sawdust also. I'm in the process of making a king sized headboard in oak for a friend of mine at the moment. Its really being a trying experience. Yesterday I screwed up a piece of 1x2 with my router and then I bought a couple of spring clamps and clamped a couple of pieces where I wanted them and I'll be damned if they didn't have a couple of barbs under the gripper rubber and it looks like someone just chomped down on the wood and left what looks like teeth marks. Tomorrow the clamps go back and see what they are going to do about the wood. Oak is EXPENSIVE!!

Daris

I've heard the same on purchasing a good lathe or don't purchase one at all. They just seem real expensive, take up lots of room in a typical garage, and I just don't know how many bowls I could make before I get bored from it.

Not sure I could squeeze one in. I have cabinet-grade cast iron table saw, a 14" band saw,a 12" variable speed band saw, a scroll saw, drill press, router table. jointer, planer, stand up sander, oscillating spindle sander, miter saw, and ton of routers, clamps and hand tools. Not sure my wife would be too happy with me buying anything else anyway. I haven't really built much in about 5 years.

Being a greenie, I just built me a small fence outa some pallets to keep the dogs outa my chile plants. Most of the work was getting the boards apart, then I just stapled it together.

I also like to reuse as much as possible.

A sawzall with a demo blade would make fast work of all the nails on the pallet. The rusting nails also make for some nice detail in the green fence.

I also like to reuse as much as possible.

A sawzall with a demo blade would make fast work of all the nails on the pallet. The rusting nails also make for some nice detail in the green fence.

Yea, still waiting for my free Lenox demo blade. :rolleyes: Guess I could buy a new one, my old one is history.

I also have a work shop filled with tools at my step sons house. Actually it is his garage.

Between us we could build most anything.

By the way, I have a lathe and one for sale at my Dads if anyone is interested.

It is an Oliver with a 6'bed. operates on 220.

Being a greenie, I just built me a small fence outa some pallets to keep the dogs outa my chile plants. Most of the work was getting the boards apart, then I just stapled it together.

Plant hotter chili's, that should keep them out after the first taste. Some Ghost peppers should light em up.

Latest posts

Back