Worn Rubber

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just put in some rubbah 2day---its an inlaid product---even in a commercial application you can expect to get 50 plus years out of it---not easy to wear that puppy out-----that being said itis so hard not to make comment after comment about ernie and his worn rubber

i just put in some rubbah 2day---its an inlaid product---even in a commercial application you can expect to get 50 plus years out of it---not easy to wear that puppy out-----that being said itis so hard not to make comment after comment about ernie and his worn rubber

It only gets worn for one reason--USE!!

LUCKY DOG !!

Daris

Welp, Nora rubber has some pads for cleaning and maintenance. I also found a rubber sealer called clean break.
The skin of the rubber is worn so I'd imagine some is saturated with urine. The owner wants to replace it with rubber but, there's a very smooth steel troweld finish under it. Current one is loose layed and patched up.
My thought is any replacement is going to wear very fast due to dog nails.

But he needs a floor thats not slippery. hmmm, wonder what floor would work best in basically a kennel.

Concrete .

Nick, the space actually has a nice old colored concrete steel troweled slab, but it's to slippery when wet. That also negates any glue down without scarification as per the rubber manufacturer it has to be porous. Water beads up on it.

Welp, Nora rubber has some pads for cleaning and maintenance. I also found a rubber sealer called clean break.
The skin of the rubber is worn so I'd imagine some is saturated with urine. The owner wants to replace it with rubber but, there's a very smooth steel troweld finish under it. Current one is loose layed and patched up.
My thought is any replacement is going to wear very fast due to dog nails.

But he needs a floor thats not slippery. hmmm, wonder what floor would work best in basically a kennel.

Oh, yeah----about the Nora pads. But I assumed you'd already be well aware of that. It's certainly urine and.......? That I don't know what to do about. Have you identified the product and called their tech dept.?

Sealed and stained concrete/terrazzo are what the vets we take our dog to have down there and they perform very well. I would have thought rubber might be an acceptable choice but not nearly as long lasting as the aforementioned.

Every time I've been there I see piss, blood and God only knows what else. But the people working there are quick to attend to those spills.

No tellin what manufacture it is Incognito. It may be from some online pet store as a couple of them sell rubber for pet care facilities. I bid new stuff but I was the only one whop told him about the concrete needing scarification per the glue manufacture. 2,000 sqft is going to cost him for that.

Latest posts

Back