Worst customer

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
Every year when the weather gets like this 105-110 H.I., I think of maybe the worst customer I ever had.

About 30 years ago, I was laying over 100 yards of carpet in a house by myself. Old house, no A/C., windows painted shut. Thought I was invincible. Well over 100 degrees in the house when I got there. Sometime in the afternoon, I crawled into the last closet. Later on, I woke up. I had passed out. I managed to load my tools and drive home. Next day, I went to a Dr. He told me I had probably had a heatstroke. Heat has bothered me every since like he said it would.
Now, to get to the customer. When I called them and told them what happened and that I would be back the next day to finish that closet, they went ballistic because I had not finished the house. I did go back and finish and got paid, but the attitude, even then was hateful because I didn't finish that one closet.(it was an unoccupied house)
Any memorable jerks you ever worked for?

Every year when the weather gets like this 105-110 H.I., I think of maybe the worst customer I ever had.

About 30 years ago, I was laying over 100 yards of carpet in a house by myself. Old house, no A/C., windows painted shut. Thought I was invincible. Well over 100 degrees in the house when I got there. Sometime in the afternoon, I crawled into the last closet. Later on, I woke up. I had passed out. I managed to load my tools and drive home. Next day, I went to a Dr. He told me I had probably had a heatstroke. Heat has bothered me every since like he said it would.
Now, to get to the customer. When I called them and told them what happened and that I would be back the next day to finish that closet, they went ballistic because I had not finished the house. I did go back and finish and got paid, but the attitude, even then was hateful because I didn't finish that one closet.(it was an unoccupied house)
Any memorable jerks you ever worked for?

Use to be 125 on the lanes from the machines, and no air so it didn't suck up the dust and start a fire .

Latest posts

Back